• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

ALL Modern Bible Versions are corrupted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
???? what a thought you say???? what a strange terrifying thought it truly is when you seriously consider it... that man would even dare to tamper with God's word is unfathomable to God fearing Christians but the father of all lies does exactly that, and with finesse i might add. Well, believe me, Satan loves tampering with God's word so much that he even glorifies the Lord in order to defile Him through us, always in the hopes that we, God's children, fall to our eternal death!

Don't believe me? READ on and decide for yourself. Just a few examples below, but you'll never believe me until you research it for yourself. May God bless you on your journey brothers and sisters in Christ, for it is for Jesus' sake that i wish to share this information.

Revelation 22:18-19--18For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Peace be with you all and may God bless you in Jesus' holy and precious name. Amen

The NKJV: A Deadly Translation
By James L. Melton

We will now give some special attention to one of the deadliest translations on the market--the New King James Version, first published in 1979. It is a deadly version because it's editors have succeeded in deceiving the body of Christ on two main points: (1) That it's a King James Bible (which is a lie), and (2) that it's based on the Textus Receptus (which is only a partial truth). The following information should be helpful when dealing with Christians who have been swindled by the Laodicean lovers of filthy lucre:
1. The text of the NKJV is copyrighted by Thomas Nelson Publishers, while there is no copyright today on the text of the KJV. If your KJV has maps or notes, then it may have a copyright, but the text itself does not.

2. There's nothing "new" about the NKJV logo. It is a "666" symbol of the pagan trinity which was used in the ancient Egyptian mysteries. It was also used by satanist Aleister Crowley around the turn of this century. The symbol can be seen on the New King James Bible, on certain rock albums (like Led Zepplin's), or you can see it on the cover of such New Age books as The Aquarian Conspiracy. (See Riplinger's tract on the NKJV.)

3. It is estimated that the NKJV makes over 100,000 translation changes, which comes to over eighty changes per page and about three changes per verse! A great number of these changes bring the NKJV in line with the readings of such Alexandrian perversions as the NIV and the RSV. Where changes are not made in the text, subtle footnotes often give credence to the Westcott and Hort Greek Text.

4. While passing off as being true to the Textus Receptus, the NKJV IGNORES the Receptus over 1,200 times.

5. In the NKJV, there are 22 omissions of "hell", 23 omissions of "blood", 44 omissions of "repent", 50 omissions of "heaven", 51 omissions of "God", and 66 omissions of "Lord". The terms "devils", "damnation", "JEHOVAH", and "new testament" are completely omitted.

6. The NKJV demotes the Lord Jesus Christ. In John 1:3, the KJV says that all things were made "by" Jesus Christ, but in the NKJV, all things were just made "through" Him. The word "Servant" replaces "Son" in Acts 3:13 and 3:26. "Servant" replaces "child" in Acts 4:27 and 4:30. The word "Jesus" is omitted from Mark 2:15, Hebrews 4:8, and Acts 7:45.

7. The NKJV confuses people about salvation. In Hebrews 10:14 it replaces "are sanctified" with "are being sanctified", and it replaces "are saved" with "are being saved" in I Corinthians 1:18 and II Corinthians 2:15. The words "may believe" have been replaced with "may continue to believe" in I John 5:13. The old straight and "narrow" way of Matthew 7:14 has become the "difficult" way in the NKJV.

8. In II Corinthians 10:5 the KJV reads "casting down imaginations", but the NKJV reads "casting down arguments". The word "thought", which occurs later in the verse, matches "imaginations", not "arguments". This change weakens the verse.

9. The KJV tells us to reject a "heretick" after the second admonition in Titus 3:10. The NKJV tells us to reject a "divisive man". How nice! Now the Alexandrians and Ecumenicals have justification for rejecting anyone they wish to label as "divisive men".

10. According to the NKJV, no one would stoop so low as to "corrupt" God's word. No, they just "peddle" it (II Cor. 2:17). The reading matches the Alexandrian versions.

11. Since the NKJV has "changed the truth of God into a lie", it has also changed Romans 1:25 to read "exchanged the truth of God for the lie". This reading matches the readings of the new perversions, so how say ye it's a King James Bible?

12. The NKJV gives us no command to "study" God's word in II Timothy 2:15.

13. The word "science" is replaced with "knowledge" in I Timothy 6:20, although "science" has occurred in every edition of the KJV since 1611! How say ye it's a King James Bible?

14. The Jews "require" a sign, according to I Corinthians 1:22 (and according to Jesus Christ - John 4:48), but the NKJV says they only "request" a sign. They didn't "request" one when signs first appeared in Exodus 4, and there are numerous places throughout the Bible where God gives Israel signs when they haven't requested anything (Exo. 4, Exo. 31:13, Num. 26:10, I Sam. 2:34, Isa. 7:10-14, Luke 2:12, etc). They "require" a sign, because signs are a part of their national heritage.

15. The King James reading in II Corinthians 5:17 says that if any man is in Christ he is a new "creature", which matches the words of Christ in Mark 16:15. The cross reference is destroyed in the NKJV, which uses the word "creation."

16. As a final note, we'd like to point out how the NKJV is very inconsistent in it's attempt to update the language of the KJV. The preface to the NKJV states that previous "revisions" of the KJV have "sought to keep abreast of changes in English speech", and also that they too are taking a "further step toward this objective". However, when taking a closer look at the language of the NKJV, we find that oftentimes they are stepping BACKWARDS! Please note a few examples of how well the NKJV has "kept abreast of the changes in the English language":

SCRIPTURE KJV NKJV (before , = KJV after = NKJV)

Ezekiel 31:4 little rivers, rivulets
Psalms 43:1 Judge, Vindicate
Psalms 139:23 thoughts, anxieties
Isaiah 28:1 fat, verdant
Amos 5:21 smell, savor
Matthew 26:7 box, flask
Luke 8:31 the deep, the abyss
John 10:41 did, performed
Luke 19:11-27 pounds, minas
John 19:9 judgement hall, Praetorium
Acts 1:18 bowels, entrails
Acts 18:12 deputy, proconsul
Acts 21:38 uproar, insurrection
Acts 27:30 boat, skiff
Hebrews 12:8 *******, illegitimate

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NIV BIBLE QUIZ

INTRUCTIONS: Using the New International Versionª Bible (NIV), answer the following questions. Do not rely on your memory. As the Bible is the final authority, you must take the answer from the NIV Bible verse (Not from footnotes but from the text. Footnotes are not the Bible.).

1. Fill in the missing words in Matthew 5:44. "Love your enemies, ________ them that curse you, _____________ to them that hate you, and pray for them that __________ and persecute you."

2. According to Matthew 17:21, what two things are required to cast out this type of devil?

3. According to Matthew 18:11, why did Jesus come to earth?

4. According to Matthew 27:2, what was Pilate's first name?

5. In Matthew 27:35, when the wicked soldiers parted His garments, they were fulfilling the words of the prophet. Copy what the prophet said in Matthew 27:35 from the NIV.

6. In Mark 3:15, Jesus gave the apostles power to cast out devils and to:

7. According to Mark 7:16, what does a man need to be able to hear?

8. According to Luke 7:28, what was John? (teacher, prophet, carpenter, etc.). What is his title or last name?

9. In Luke 9:55, what did the disciples not know?

10. In Luke 9:56, what did the Son of man not come to do? According to this verse, what did He come to do?

11. In Luke 22:14, how many apostles were with Jesus?

12. According to Luke 23:38, in what three languages was the superscription written?

13. In Luke 24:42, what did they give Jesus to eat with His fish?

14. John 3:13 is a very important verse, proving the deity of Christ. According to this verse (as Jesus spoke), where is the Son of man?

15. What happened each year as told in John 5:4?

16. In John 7:50, what time of day did Nicodemus come to Jesus?

17. In Acts 8:37, what is the one requirement for baptism?

18. What did Saul ask Jesus in Acts 9:6?

19. Write the name of the man mentioned in Acts 15:34.

20. Study Acts 24:6-8. What would the Jew have done with Paul? What was the chief captain's name? What did the chief captain command?

21. Copy Romans 16:24 word for word from the NIV.

22. First Timothy 3:16 is perhaps the greatest verse in the New Testament concerning the deity of Christ. In this verse, who was manifested in the flesh?

23. In the second part of First Peter 4:14, how do [they] speak of Christ? And, what do we Christians do?

24. Who are the three Persons of the Trinity in First John 5:7?

25. Revelation 1:11 is another very important verse that proves the deity of Christ. In the first part of this verse Jesus said, "I am the A__________ and O___________ , the _________ and the _______:"

Conclusion: Little space is provided for your answers, but it's much more than needed. If you followed the instructions above, you not only failed the test, you receive a big goose egg. So now what do you think of your "accurate, easy-to-understand, up-to-date Bible"? If these 25 questions haven't served to show you that the NIV is a very inferior Bible, based on a very inferior Greek text, write me and I'll make up another quiz with 25 more questions, or 250, if you wish; but you will still flunk the text. If you would like to improve your score, and in fact score 100%, you can take this test using the Authorized (King James) Bible . by Rex L. Cobb
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NIV Reader: Do you have enough confidence in the NIV to... tell God, OUT LOUD, that the NIV is correct in deleting these words & phrases? If not, you need to get a King James Bible so you can have some confidence.

Dear Reader, please do not write asking me for information on Mr. Cobb, I do not have any. The test is straightforward. I have a cursed NIV (for reference purposes--I believe it is a 1978 edition) and I have verified all the above blanks are missing in my copy of the NIV corruption. For other dangers of the NIV and modern Bibles, please go to our home page. For some specific verses that the NIV ENTIRELY DELETES, go to, Which verses did the NIV delete?.
If you want to give a copy of this quiz to an NIV-reading friend, you can

print this out,
cut off these closing comments by Mr. Cobb and myself,
give them the quiz to take.
then after they take the quiz you can give them our comments if you like.

Last edited:
Dear Friend (AbbazGirl),

I find the New King James to be like the King James only a bit modernized.

I have found the New International Version to also be a good translation.

However, there are no perfect translations, and there are reasons in which there aren't. Nor, will there ever be a perfect translation. And as for the King James! It's a very good translation, but its not a perfect translation either.

I wish you well.

J.C.

Last edited:
AbbazGirl, thank you for providing this information. We should all be aware of the evil one's tactics to sway us from the truth. I do want to add that one of his tactics is trying to get us so focused on what he is doing we forget to remember God is in control. When we see things like this just remember what Jesus said, John 16:13"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come". We must all trust the Holy Spirit within us to lead us and guide us into all truth because the enemy will become more and more desperate as his time comes to an eternal end. I personaly believe that he is going to bring so much deception in that if God had'nt shortend the days of that time even the elect would have been decieved. Mark13: 20And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days. 21And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not: 22For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect. 23But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things. Matthew 24:24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Praise God it is not possible to decieve His very elect because He has promised us and given us His Spirit of truth, and the days shall be shortened.

Revelation 22:18-19--18For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Do you think this refers to the bible or just the book of Revelation? Which version or translation do you think is safe to read? I have found words and verses in the 1611 King James Bible new testament that are not part of the original greek text but I don't discredit the version for this.

Praise God it is not possible to decieve His very elect because He has promised us and given us His Spirit of truth, and the days shall be shortened.

Brokenman, do you have scripture to support that the elect cannot be deceived because Jesus has given us the Spirit of Truth?

ALL Modern Bible Versions are corrupted? Depends on what we mean by corrupt. Anything man is involved in is tainted with his fallibilty. I used to believe in the "infallible" Word of God. In the true sense of meaning I still do, Jesus is infallible. When it comes to Bibles, theres a zillion articles like the one AbbazGirl pasted on the web, and they don`t do nothing to further the kingdom of God. These articles make me tired, we read them as tho we were ourselves were also Bible Scholars, and actually have the gumption to say we`ve done our own research LOL. I can`t even do the research, because I cant read Hebrew or Greek. We get so caught up in the letter of the Word, we let the Spirit of the letter go unnoticed and unheeded. I do believe study of the scripture is of utmost importance, but I don`t think it matters that much if a word or a paraphrase is off in comparison to other texts.
It`s even true there are a few modern versions I don`t care for at all, but it does`nt negate the fact that its not something to get up in arms about. God will reveal His truths to us, if it is truth we are seeking, no matter what translation we are using.
I agree fully with jiggy, that if we were to discredit any version for imperfections, then we would be left with none (except the origional hebrew and greek texts)
This is why we are admonished over and over and over, be FILLED WITH THE SPIRIT!

Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
Matthew 24:24
For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible.

No man is perfect. Only GOD is perfect and only Jesus Christ when He was a man (GOD incarnate) was perfect and sinless. Everyone else is a spec of dust from nothing.

I am on my way to church jiggyfly and don't have time to look up all the numerous promises God has given His People that He would give us the Spirit of truth. Acts 2:38,39 comes to mind and many in the gospels. As for His promise that we won't be deceived as His elect those scriptures I have posted in my original reply to AbbazGirl here they are again, Mark13: 20And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days. 21And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not: 22For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect. 23But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things. Matthew 24:24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
I suggest a word study on the words (if it were possible). Ofcourse I guess I could have stated my expression of faith a little differently, but, the bottom line is God shortens the days to protect us from deception. Praise God......

Can anyone show me any place where God commands us to defend him(as if he can not defend himself) or his word? In the spirit of love to strengthen the body of Christ I say this(AbbazGirl) abbrasive attitude serves only to boast of ones own (borrowed)knowledge.The awesome God I serve needs no man to stand in defense of him(for who I am I that he needs my protection) or his word. Follow his commands of obedience to love one another as he loves us.If I could read and understand the ancient text but did not understand love what good would I be? Better time spent lifting up the body of Christ and furthering his kingdom than to squable over human words.

with love
John

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
Would you not consider speaking Truth a part of defending His Word? How many times has GOD told us to speak Truth and walk in Spirit? This gives GOD GLORY. Therefore, if one mocks the Word of GOD, would you defend it by speaking the TRUTH or just walk away?

Well said Chad!

"The awesome God I serve needs no man to stand in defense of him or his word."

Where did you find that statement in the Word?

"Can anyone show me any place where God commands us to defend him or his word?"

Here`s one example...

2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
Preach the Word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

I just got back from church and it was wonderful. A friend of mine invited me to her church (Calvary Baptist) and I was delighted to go. The message was about us not judging the messenger of Gods word by his or her appearance and the preacher brought up the appearance of John the baptist as a referance. The Lord spoke to my heart. Anyway I guess I should have clearified my point a little better in my original reply to AbbazGirl. My point is we have the Spirit of Truth and even if man distorts the written word of God now or in the future we can trust the Spirit of Truth within us to lead us into all Truth. I was at a church onetime listening to a preacher that I had less than perfect respect for, and the Holy Spirit told me that our hearts are sort of like little satalite dishes. If we point are heart toward our Father then we will receive from Him, His message to us regardless of the messenger. God did speak through a Donkey one time.(Numbers 22:23-30) Jesus told the Jews John 5: 39Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. 41 I receive not honour from men. I think its a good thing for us to be aware of potential dangers, but, we should not fear them because the word is clear that we should only fear God. Luke 12:5
But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him. So in closing of my thoughts on this subject: Study, search, ask , seek, knock, persistantly, with confidence that our Heavenly Father will give us the Spirit of Truth in all things pertaining to life and Godliness.

I believe this is why the only time Jesus is on record of writing anything it was done in the sand so as to be easly erased.I fear now that as I try to explain that I was speaking against Abbasgirl comment that all modern Bible versions are corrupt that I will again be misunderstood.Maybe I should just stick to pouring concrete and leave words to the more educated. I meant "defending God" in a way as if to say he is unable to defend himself or that he needs my protection.I had hoped that my response would have been recieved as a defense that the message of love and forgivness is not bound by human text so that the version or translation doesn't matter just so as long it is written in your heart.I understand the low number of my post makes me suspect and my lack of being able to clearly express myself has led to this misunderstanding so from now on I will refrain from such statements and just use my words for praise.

John

Last edited:
Let's not worry about this issue anymore ...Please.... I think a point was made... Probably not one many will like.... Division is as easy as a few words...

How about we all step away from this thread in prayer being humble and concern for others.. With the Love of Christ!

Joyfully ~ Jlu

KJV

Jude : 3. Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you THAT YE SHOULD EARNESTLY CONTEND FOR THE FAITH which was once delivered to the saints. (KJV and no excuses)

Dear Mr Green,
In a spirit of love and grace don't reject the evidence of the corruption of modern versions. The KJV is the greatest work of literature in the English language (and maybe any) and that reason even without the textual problems of the 400 or so modern English versions should give us something to think about. Do we want to be transported into the prescence of God and eternal realities through his word, or do we want the lowest common denominator of the mundane?
Huge amounts of money and effort have been spent on modern bible versions, without a comparable increase in knowledge of the word or spirituality. At the same time many languages still don't have a bible.
Biblical scholarship has been dominated by liberals and unsaved people for nearly two hundred years and textual scholarship is no exception to this. You would be hard pressed to find a well known textual scholar who believed the bible is the word of God.
I personally find nothing much to commend themselves in the ever changing sand of the modern versions and am happy to stick with the KJV as a sure standard which I recieve it by faith (much like John Bunyan did) as God's word for me.
I will look at other versions and dabble with Greek and Hebrew and other languages but the final authority for me is the KJV.
Please pray about this matter and seek God's heart on it.
Psalm 12: 6,7 (KJV)

Mr KJV I have a pocket sized kjv of the new testament that I have had since the second grade I am now going on 42. It is out in my truck at the moment and has been with me half way cross the world.I don't have a problem with any book or Bible that brings someone to the understanding that God requires a life of obedience and discipline and that the rewards for such a life are love and forgivness,peace and joy.The word coruption lends itself to conspiracy which is born of fear.Does anything happen that is not according to his purpose? He is in control!

When we come before him will we say Lord I fought the good fight of protecting the King James version of the Bible or shall we say Lord I used everthing I could to rescue your lambs from the clutches of the wolf?

What we need here is a column for "What am I doing to lead others to Christ" Then maybe we can rejoice in each others accomplishments for the Kingdom rather than squabble over ideals.

KJV said:
Jude : 3. Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you THAT YE SHOULD EARNESTLY CONTEND FOR THE FAITH which was once delivered to the saints. (KJV and no excuses)
Dear Mr Green,
In a spirit of love and grace don't reject the evidence of the corruption of modern versions. The KJV is the greatest work of literature in the English language (and maybe any) and that reason even without the textual problems of the 400 or so modern English versions should give us something to think about. Do we want to be transported into the prescence of God and eternal realities through his word, or do we want the lowest common denominator of the mundane?
Huge amounts of money and effort have been spent on modern bible versions, without a comparable increase in knowledge of the word or spirituality. At the same time many languages still don't have a bible.
Biblical scholarship has been dominated by liberals and unsaved people for nearly two hundred years and textual scholarship is no exception to this. You would be hard pressed to find a well known textual scholar who believed the bible is the word of God.
I personally find nothing much to commend themselves in the ever changing sand of the modern versions and am happy to stick with the KJV as a sure standard which I recieve it by faith (much like John Bunyan did) as God's word for me.
I will look at other versions and dabble with Greek and Hebrew and other languages but the final authority for me is the KJV.
Please pray about this matter and seek God's heart on it.
Psalm 12: 6,7 (KJV)

What in the world did Christians read before 1611? What did the first century Church read? Without the Holy Spirit to reveal the scriptures, regardless of the translation( even KJV) there is no life in it. He is the final authority!

I so agree!

evergreen said:
What we need here is a column for "What am I doing to lead others to Christ" Then maybe we can rejoice in each others accomplishments for the Kingdom rather than squabble over ideals.

I think that is an awesome idea for a thread evergreen .. I think you should start one.. I love to hear other peoples witnessing stories.. A great way to learn for everyone..(If you dont want to start it I will ) :love: :love:

JLU I tried to get the ball rolling in Yeshua's thread "Should we do anything" but it seemed to get clouded over with christian controversy. My heart is leading me away from online discussions of religeon so I am not sure of the length of my stay here but if God spoke to you about this then by all means continue and carry on.

Respectfuly yours
John

Status
Not open for further replies.