• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Adding to your Faith? (part two)

Loyal
Adding to your Faith? (part two)

2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
2Pe 1:5 And beside this, giving all diligence, ADD TO YOUR FAITH VIRTUE; AND TO VIRTUE KNOWLEDGE;

Adding to our faith simply means to “SUPPLY” to our faith. Supplying to our faith can also be called “SOWING TO THE SPIRIT”(Gal 6:8), because faith is a spirit!! (2 Cor 4:13) Faith without a mission statement is dead which produces nothing! People who have faith are always speaking from their faith God's word which gives our faith (supplying, adding to our faith) the mission statement it needs to produce its desired end!

1Pe 3:10 For “WHOEVER DESIRES TO LOVE LIFE and see good days, LET HIM KEEP HIS TONGUE FROM EVIL and his lips from speaking deceit;

Everyone wants to see better days then what we are experiencing today, and the Bible tells us how that can be accomplished. Speaking evil is when we say words out of our mouths that contradict what God's word says of who we are, where we are, and what he has already given to us. There is no such thing as “time out”, and then “time in”. We are always on the clock, and every word we speak has consequences that produce either good or evil, blessing or cursing. We are either sowing to the “FLESH” or sowing to the “SPIRIT”!

Gal 6:8 For the one who SOWS TO HIS OWN FLESH will from the flesh REAP CORRUPTION, but the one who SOWS TO THE SPIRIT will from the Spirit REAP ETERNAL LIFE.

There is only one thing we supply (add) to the spirit of faith, and that is the Word of God from where our faith originated from, and from which faith produces from its mission statement!

2Pe 1:5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; AND TO VIRTUE KNOWLEDGE;

Knowledge is not something we add to our faith, it is the results of adding to our faith “virtue”. Virtue is what comes from God. The same word is found in this verse.

2Pe 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that HATH CALLED US TO GLORY AND VIRTUE:

God has called us to his Glory, and to his “virtue”, and that call came through his Word that we have supplied to our faith! The results of supplying to our faith “God's Word” knowledge comes forth.

This knowledge is NOT what we logically analytically reasoned out in our head, but the kind of knowledge that God gives, which comes from his mouth! (Pro 2:6)

Pro 2:6 For the LORD gives wisdom; FROM HIS MOUTH COME KNOWLEDGE and understanding;

The word, “knowledge” here means, “to know. Knowledge. Present and FRAGMENTARY KNOWLEDGE as contrasted with epígnōsis, clear and exact knowledge which expresses more thorough participation in the object or knowledge on the part of the knowledgeable subject.”

A FRAGMENT” of knowledge is a “PART” of a whole exact knowledge that came from knowing fully. The scripture tells us that the Holy Spirit teaches us in “PARTS”, and as we learn these parts that came from a whole we begin to “COMPARE” these parts to each other until we have come to a full understanding.

1Co 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which THE HOLY GHOST TEACHETH; COMPARING SPIRITUAL THINGS WITH SPIRITUAL.

1Co 13:8 Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.
1Co 13:9 For WE KNOW IN PART AND WE PROPHESY IN PART,
1Co 13:10 but WHEN THE PERFECT COMES, THE PARTIAL WILL PASS AWAY.

The goal is to see “clearly” so that all the parts are no longer needed because the picture we see has been completed.

1Co 13:11 When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things.
1Co 13:12 NOW WE SEE THINGS IMPERFECTLY , LIKE PUZZLING REFLECTIONS IN A MIRROR, but then WE WILL SEE EVERYTHING WITH PERFECT CLARITY.

All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.

This a perfect example of spiritual growth as a Christian goes from a little child from seeing dimly to a full grown man seeing clearly!