• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Accurate Weights

Staff Member
The LORD detests the use of dishonest scales, but he delights in accurate weights. Proverbs 11:1

One of the ancient practices in commerce that scripture refers to often is the use of stones to keep fair and accurate measures.

Deuteronomy 25:13-14 says, “ ‘You shall not have in your bag differing weights, a heavy and a light. You shall not have in your house differing measures, a large and a small’ “ Hosea 12:7 says, “ ‘A cunning Canaanite! Deceitful scales are in his hand; he loves to oppress.’ “ And Proverbs 16:11, as well as Proverbs 20:10, addresses this issue of unbalanced scales and using unjust weights.

Today, it would be the equivalent of going to the supermarket and purchasing two pounds of roast beef. You watch the butcher put the meat on the scale, see that it’s two pounds, and thank him. But when the person after you places the same order, the butcher switches the scales and places much more meat on the (clearly unjust) scale for the same price you paid.

You would be understandably upset over such a thing. The Lord also detests such business practices. He’s just and therefore is on the side of those who are treated unjustly. As you head to your workplace today or slide into your home office chair, consider all your business practices. Are they fair and just?

Loyal
Nick this reminds me of the past year I reflect on a odd occurrence that has happened. many times this year when purchasing supplies. I have been undercharged , just a few days ago I put 4 feet of hose up on the counter and the cashier thought the price she looked up was for the hose she had no idea that it was for the per foot of the hose, I did not catch the error until the end of the transaction and there was a long line of people waiting however I made it clear that she undercharged me and the mistake needed to be fixed.

THis is one example of many how God has changed my heart, before being saved I would never have corrected her, this is Jesus at work in me I do not try to take any credit here, but it has happend many times this year I wonder if it is from the Father to just show me what he has done to my heart Thanks you Jesus !!

Kind of the opposite of you post LOL but it did remind me of this for some reason, hope you have a great day Brother !!