• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Accepting God’s Boundaries of Blessing

Staff Member
And God spoke all these words, saying: "I [am] the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. "You shall have no other gods before Me. Exodus 20:1-3 NKJV

How do you view the Ten Commandments? No, not the classic movie—instead, the real thing you can review in today’s Old Testament scripture reading.

Culturally, people often view the Ten Commandments as God’s idealistic yet impossible demands for the Jewish people long, long ago. Then, as now people want to do their own thing, their own way, without anyone or anything interfering with their choices. If only they could see the Ten Commandments as God’s boundaries of blessing.

After all, each of God’s Ten Commandments protects you from serious error, terrible harm, unbearable heartache, and severe loss. Invest tens of thousands of dollars worshipping false gods? Bad idea. Work long hours seven days a week to get ahead? Another bad idea. Take a former neighbor to court on false charges and commit perjury? Super bad idea.

After nearly 3,500 years, every one of God’s Ten Commandments is still relevant. All ten continue to offer God’s rich blessings.

May you never tire of enjoying what God meant for you good.

Prayer: Lord, I’m prone to sin. No, I haven’t committed murder, but I’ve hated other men made in Your image. Now, more than ever, I want to stay well within Your boundaries of blessing.