• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

A Wicked Heart?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
A Wicked Heart?

Jer 17:9 "The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is? (NLT)

There is a threshold that must be made when referring to the condition of man's heart from the Old Testament, to the New Testament. If we do not do this we will believe certain things that are not true even though they sound cool, and right. Jesus referred to man's “heart”.

Mat 15:19 For OUT OF THE HEART PROCEED EVIL THOUGHTS, MURDERS, ADULTERIES, FORNICATIONS, THEFTS, FALSE WITNESS, BLASPHEMIES:

These things are for sure not good in any way, and it confirms to us that the HEART of man is really deceitful, and desperately wicked. But what did God tell us in the Old Testament about what he would do for man because of his condition?

Eze 36:26 A NEW HEART ALSO WILL I GIVE YOU, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27 And I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT WITHIN YOU, AND CAUSE YOU TO WALK IN MY STATUTES, AND YE SHALL KEEP MY JUDGMENTS, AND DO THEM.

Yes, man's heart WAS wicked in every way, but God gave us a NEW HEART, and this heart is NOT WICKED in any way!!!! God does not give wicked hearts to his children. A new Spirit he has also given to us that would CAUSE us to walk in his statutes to do them!!!

We need to cross over the threshold from the old man described in the Old Testament, to the new man described in the New Testament as the Apostle Paul called “the hidden man of the heart which is not corruptible, and is of great price in the sight of God”

1Peter 3:4 But let it be THE HIDDEN MAN OF THE HEART, IN THAT WHICH IS NOT CORRUPTIBLE, even the ornament of a meek and QUIET SPIRIT, WHICH IS IN THE SIGHT OF GOD OF GREAT PRICE.