• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

A story of how I fell in love

This is my story of how I fell in love. I have left certain stuff but I want to tell my beloved I love you honeybee.

I never could find happiness or love when I was younger. I came from a Christian home and was at first afraid to bring home a girl as mum and dad are very devout and protective of me. This left me feeling down, frustrated, alone and unloved.

Also, at work and at school I was bullied and teased for many reasons, mainly because I didnt fight back.

Then aged 19 I met someone who mum and dad ministered to (Dad used to Pastor a church) and we got closer. It was at this time that my life was committed to God. We went places and had meals together, but she wanted more. God stopped me from consumating the relationship and I had to reject her, when she wanted me to spend the night. Needless to say she didnt understand and that hurt.

During the years after that I had listened to God and made many mistakes but gradually got closer to Him. I took on various duties such as deacon, treasurer, Sunday School teacher, etc in the church but still could not meet anyone. I used to lay awake at night and cry myself to sleep sometimes but prayed for God to provide someone.

In 1985 aged 25 I went on a holiday and there was a girl I loved but never told her. We met on holiday and I kept writing and rewriting letters saying I loved her (some letters had 10 rewrites) but I never actually told her and she married. It was so hard to go to her wedding and have lost touch with her.

I went through a barren time after that and my relationship with God got colder for a while. I started going to pubs and clubs and using text dating and personals services but never could meet anyone.

Then I got knocked over by a car this year and God renewed is relationship with me. I was told about this place and instantly made loads of friends with a similar mind for God. I found myself helping others and ministering to them.

One day I was in TalkJesus and these 2 girls were in the chatroom. One of them said she had a thing for this guy and was too shy to tell him. I helped her and we became friends. We didnt realise what was soon to happen. Soon after that she had a bereavement and I found that she had had a lot of pain in her life.

Recently she was alone in the prayer room and she told me that she had been asked out by the man she had feelings for before but she turned him down because she had feelings for me. I had a decision to make. I went for a jog and sought God's will and was led to ask her to be my true love. She was so happy and we began to fall in love.

The weeks that have followed have been great as we have become more and more attracted to each other. The biggest breakthrough came though when God asked me to sacrifice my love for her and to give it to Him as a gift. It was hard but I did it and my love for her grew even more, but now with God in control. We now plan to meet soon and be a lifelong couple in love and loving Jesus.

Now I know the reason why I never truly fell in love before was that God wasnt put first and also it wasnt the right time. I would encourage anyone lonely out there to Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you.

God bless you and hope this has encouraged you.
David

David . Thank you for the testimony . I do pray that all things are before the Father and that you both find Gods best for you're live's . Mike

AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW thank you . . . :love:
My heart opens and prays with all of Gods love for you and your sweetheart!
Thank you for your courage, trust and faithfulness towards your great God!
May He bless you richly and keep you comforted and safe in the days apart from each other . . .
Love, Dot :love:

Administrator
Staff Member
You met your soul mate on my site! Woohoo :) That's truly awesome! I'm very happy for you. Hey, shouldn't I be the one to meet mine on my own site too at least? LOL

I'm patient...

What is Love??? Dictionary defines it as:1). A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, 2). A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair;

I would define it as this very unique, deep connection, fast heart beating, can’t stand to be away from each other, always thinking about each other, bond David and myself have. I hope it makes sense to you, it does to me.

I used to think love was something from fairy tales, LOL. I have found love also to be an ACT that men would used to try and get me to sleep with them. This caused me a lot of pain and hurt in my life. I felt alone…like the men wanting me just for sex. I started praying when I was 15 for God to send me the one he has chosen for me. I made a promise that I would remain a virgin until marriage, and that is one promise I will keep. None of the men understood that, they told me that I was being too old-fashion.

I was considering compromising my beliefs just so I would feel loved. Nobody wants to go through life feeling unloved, so I considering not waiting for the one God was sending me and settling for 2nd best. Isn’t it amazing that God would not let me settle for 2nd best, he wants only the best for me?

This is when I met David. David has always been the most kind, caring, loving, compassionate, thoughtful person I have ever met. Trust me that list goes on and on, But if I listed every one of them, I am afraid that you would be here for a very long time . David has helped me a lot, and I am grateful to him. I love him so much.

It takes 3 people to make this relationship work, David, Myself, and God.

Please continue to pray for us that God will remain the center of our relationship!!!!!

God Bless!
Jenn :rose:
aka: David's Honeybee

Tia and Dave-
First I have to say awww! And God bless you two more than you can handle

Tia-
Good for you girl! Standing your ground, and telling the guys no. I've also made a promise with God that I would remain pure until marriage. I've also had some guys tell me that I'm old fashioned, and that it was stupid. Here's how I look at it
1.God says no,
2. AIDS is a death sentence
3. I don't have the time to take care of a kid right now. I've got dreams to fulfill right now, and I'm going to do so.
High five to ya!

In Christ,
History(Alisha)

God is faithful, both of you keep your eyes on Him and He will do the rest. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.

your sister in Christ
AlabasterBox :girl:

:rainbow:

thank you everyone

I want to thank you all for your kind words of encouragement and support.

We both realise that it is a big risk as there is distance between us and there are many things to sort out but the fact is God is in control.

I had to (like Abraham did with Isaac) be prepared to sacrifice my love for Tia as a gift to God so that He came first before God's promise.

God is my first true love followed by Jenn but we both believe that standing on the rock of Christ Jesus will help us stand against the storm and we should take it as it comes daily.

We are in love and will always be

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

God bless
David

Hello David and Jenn. This is really sweet like strypes mentioned along with others. I wish you two the best blessings of God. May He bless you greatly. Like Lisha said, Hi5 to Jenn, I agree, we girls need to take our role and stand and let the guys know we're strong. it's a harsh world out there. Chad, you're helarious also, seams you're happy, your time will come. Peeps and AlabasterBox, i also liked how you guys put things, God is diffinately good all the time. Well since it has already all been said, all I can say is God bless you, hehe, dont forget to send out invitations to ur family on TJ :), God bless

Jenn and David...I sit in awe at the great news. I have been praying for Jenn since our first pc at TJ. She is a special girl. I do pray and will continue to pray for God's blessings upon you and your relationship...May God uphold you, both, with His mighty Hands and direct your path for Him and each other. Stay close to HIM...Keep HIM #1...I'm proud of you, both, for the Godly standards you have in your lives. You'll never regret it. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR LOVE FOR ONE ANOTHER!!!

Love, (((Hugs))), and Prayer,
Diane

Way to go

Tia_Jenn4 said:
What is Love??? Dictionary defines it as:1). A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, 2). A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair;

I would define it as this very unique, deep connection, fast heart beating, can’t stand to be away from each other, always thinking about each other, bond David and myself have. I hope it makes sense to you, it does to me.

This is when I met David. David has always been the most kind, caring, loving, compassionate, thoughtful person I have ever met. Trust me that list goes on and on, But if I listed every one of them, I am afraid that you would be here for a very long time . David has helped me a lot, and I am grateful to him. I love him so much.

It takes 3 people to make this relationship work, David, Myself, and God.

Please continue to pray for us that God will remain the center of our relationship!!!!!

God Bless!
Jenn :rose:
aka: David's Honeybee

Hi Jenny. . .

I never even thought about lookin "LOVE" up in the dictionary . . .lol

What a great idea. . .thanks for sharing Your definition, this is so important to realize what true Love really is . . .I am soooooooo happy for you 2 lovebirds chirping all the sweet sounds of music there are :love:

God gave you all as a precious gift to each other, I will surely bring you before our great God with your loving relationship :present:

Thank You two for setting a great example and thank you also for sharing your most private lovestory with all of us on TJ, we can sure learn about Love a lot and thank you for setting God before all of us as a great reminder who is dwelling among us and our relationships with each other :thumbs_up

Great example for our youth too . . . wonder how many hearts will find hope and courage to try and follow . . .only God knows. . . :shade:

Bless you both, enjoy the MusicHall :note2: :note: :note2:

Thank you all again

lol Danielle I wouldnt ever ever ever dream of hurting Jenn and you know that. I know you two are like sisters and I care about you both.

TY for the comments princess. Your time will come too, stay close to Jesus.

Thank you peeps for always being my friend.

And....
my main thanks goes to the love of my life Jennifer, whose love I dont deserve but she unconditionally gives, who is never failing in compassion and love for me and is the sweetest of ten thousand to me.

My heart, life and soul are yours and I am crazy about you my love. we will meet soon so be patient and you are stuck with me for life.

God bless sweetheart and honeybee
Love David

thank you all of you

I want to thank you for all of your support and kind wishes. Please keep praying for Jenn and I as we need ongoing prayers and support from you guys and gals so that our path i directed by our Lord

:)
David aka SmileBig