• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

A sticky question that I really need help with

Last year, while browsing through i saw this girl's profile and listed under Religious Views: it says "**** God, I am my own God", it really ticked me off. Then on the same day (it was a sunday morning), while on the bus to church, suddenly this thought came and I just imagined myself telling her about the Holy Spirit yet she just cursed the Holy Spirit so carefreely. After that incident, I just sort of realised what had happened and asked God if that was really me committing a unforgiveable sin or just the devil trying to hold me back from knowing and loving God even more.

Please guys, I am pretty desperate to know if I have committed a unforgivable sin or is the devil just toying with my mind.

P.S I would never ever curse the Holy Spirit because He has done so much for me that I can never repay Him in this lifetime.

Last year, while browsing through i saw this girl's profile and listed under Religious Views: it says "**** God, I am my own God", it really ticked me off. Then on the same day (it was a sunday morning), while on the bus to church, suddenly this thought came and I just imagined myself telling her about the Holy Spirit yet she just cursed the Holy Spirit so carefreely. After that incident, I just sort of realised what had happened and asked God if that was really me committing a unforgiveable sin or just the devil trying to hold me back from knowing and loving God even more.

Please guys, I am pretty desperate to know if I have committed a unforgivable sin or is the devil just toying with my mind.

P.S I would never ever curse the Holy Spirit because He has done so much for me that I can never repay Him in this lifetime.

If you love Jesus, and your heart is open to repentance whenever you displease Him.......then you have not committed the sin you mention.

The sin you mention is speaking of those who attribute the work of the Holy Spirit to the devil...as they did on the occasion when Jesus mentioned such sin.

These people have no desire to repent and turn to God. No desire to love the Lord Jesus and His work on the cross....etc.

Be Blessed .......in Jesus

Thank you for your valuable reply! Is it safe to say that if I didn't mean it in my heart at all means I did not commit that unforgiveable sin? Because I don't wanna spend eternity in hell

Thank you for your valuable reply! Is it safe to say that if I didn't mean it in my heart at all means I did not commit that unforgiveable sin? Because I don't wanna spend eternity in hell

Is it safe to say that if I didn't mean it in my heart at all means I did not commit that unforgiveable sin?

It does indeed...and without so much as a shadow of doubt.

The 'unpardonable sin' spoken of by Jesus...relates to those religeous folks who are so enrapped in themselves and their religeon, they are unprepared to daily partake of Jesus. Who Himself said in John 6;48 and in John 6: 50

Believing their doctrinal focuss sufficient to gain eternal life.

Last edited:
The sin you mention is speaking of those who attribute the work of the Holy Spirit to the devil...as they did on the occasion when Jesus mentioned such sin.

It is my belief that the Pharisees were in effect campaigning to discredit the Holy Spirit by regularly engaging in this blasphemy and it was the intentional, systematic repitition of the blasphemy that made it unforgiveable.

SLE

Thread

It is good that we can have courage to ask things on this site, to get help from one another. And thankfully through Jesus we have one another To God be ALL the glory!!!

Last edited:
The devil may want you to think that you can't be forgiven. Thankfully Jesus took all the guilt away. Because you know that deep down in your heart you wouldn't want to blaspheme the Holy Spirit.
Here is a scripture that came to me.

Ezekiel 33:7So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me.
8When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
9Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

May God be your guide in all the decisions you make.
Your sis in Christ