• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

A Said-faith

Active
I believe it’s not commonly understood that an “apostate” is one who only professes to be in the faith but in truth has yet to be saved, i.e. reborn. Of all who profess to “confess Jesus is Lord” (Ro 10:9), there will always be some (“a little leaven”) who only “honor Me with their lips (confess); but their heart is far from Me (Mat 15:8). They “profess they know God; but in works they deny Him” (Tit 1:16). These are those James wrote of that “may say you have faith,” but “have no works” (Jas 2:17, 18).

No “works,” or in other words no “fruit of the Spirit!” Works, which is the Sprit’s fruit, cannot exist within man apart from faith, for faith always manifests works, thus all faith-professors will inevitably see for themselves whether or not they are in the faith by their lifestyle (Mat 12:33); and by the Spirit (Rom 8:16).

Apostates, for long periods of time can maintain the “tare” position, even “until the harvest” (Mat 13:30); and it is this hypocrisy that outwardly appears to be in the Body of Christ (Mat 24:24), but eventually is seen by all. These are the ones Scripture writes of, that fall or depart only from the doctrine of Grace, never having received the truth of Grace (2Ti 3:7; 4:3, 4); who have only received its knowledge but not its truth imparted (Heb 10:26), which is “the engrafted Word, which is able to save your souls” (Jas 1:21).

I think one of the most encouraging confirmations of being in Christ that can be enjoyed is being ever aware that “God works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure” (Phl 2:13). This is inwardly manifested by noticing the prevalence of the ongoing desire or “will” to put God first, which aids us in repeatedly “putting off the old man” as it shows itself in its erroneous tempting’s, of which we need not to be “anxious” (Phl 4:6), but rather “cast” whatever it concerns us with “on Him” (1Pe 5:7), entrusting all to Him!

Active
No “works,” or in other words no “fruit of the Spirit!” Works, which is the Sprit’s fruit, cannot exist within man apart from faith, for faith always manifests works, thus all faith-professors will inevitably see for themselves whether or not they are in the faith by their lifestyle (Mat 12:33); and by the Spirit (Rom 8:16).
the fruit of the Spirit is not works but rather qualities that come to the fore by walking in the Spirit - exercising the power and purpose of the Holy Spirit in your discipleship.
And not all who profess to have faith have the indwelling Holy Spirit.

Active
the fruit of the Spirit is not works but rather qualities that come to the fore by walking in the Spirit - exercising the power and purpose of the Holy Spirit in your discipleship.
Hi, and appreciate the interesting comments! It's my understanding that the Spirit's fruit is the same as the Spirit's works, for all that is not after His works are not works.

And not all who profess to have faith have the indwelling Holy Spirit.
True here, but I believe we can assume that when Scripture writes profess or "confess the Lord Jesus" (Ro 10:9, 10) it means truly confess.