• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

a sad mom right now

I miss my oldest son, my heart aches for him. He is 19 and lives on the other side of states. I haven't seen him for months. I just want to hold him.

I was reading Stormie Omartians book power of a praying parent. Is it not too late to pray those prayers in her book for my son. Her book talks about how she raised her children from when they were young. I didn't do this, I didn't know God then and when I did become saved I still had a load of issues of my own I didn't pray about.

Now I know the Lord and walk with Him daily, my son does not know Him. He is walking in darkness and living a life of self destruction and I feel responsible for this.

Please pray for me and my eldest son
thank you
heather

Aww calluna - I know how you feel. Two of my children are in the US and I haven't seen them from August and wont see them until this May. As some here know my daughter was in hospital and needed an operation over the new year - now that was really hard, not being able to be with her. However they are Christians and I know they are in God's will. My other daughter lives in England however, and she is backslidden. That is hard. I will pray for you.:love:

Sisters please give me the names of your children so I can pray with you for them. I love Stormie Omartians books, and yes you can pray the prayers in them, sometimes I pray the psalms, because they express so much, but there are times we simply need to go deeper in prayer. Here is an excerpt
that will explain what I mean:

"Sometimes you pray for a person till you become so unified with him that you say--If that soul goes to hell, I must go with him. I have heard men say this as their own experience in prayer. So Christ himself seems to have prayed for his dying people. He grasped the masses, saying--"I must save them or sink to hell with them." Paul had a like experience when he said--"I could wish myself accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh." So, often God waits and delays his answer to prayer till the suppliant becomes so unified that in sympathy they cannot be separated. Moses said--"Save this people, or blot my name from this book."
I have seen precisely this in many cases. The Holy Ghost gives them such sympathy with the person they pray for, and such a hold of God's promise in prayer, they cry out--I cannot live unless God hear and save! How can I live and see this people die! Now, God loves this spirit and often waits till it comes up. In the case of parents, God frequently waits till they take hold of the case of their children in this very way. I well remember the striking case of a father who was so agonized in prayer for his children he told them he could not live unless he could see the salvation of the Lord among them."
(GOSPEL TRUTH MINISTRIES)

I call this prayer that will not let go! Read Matthew 15:21-28, and see how the persistance of the Syrophenician mother saved her daughter.
One of my favorite quotes says "Prayer is like the crying of an infant in the night. Although dark he puts up his little hands with real expectation that Mother’s touch will shortly be felt." We don`t stop crying until he answers!
God Word is: “Ask,” says He who cannot lie, “ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance” (Ps. 2:8).

"Sometimes you pray for a person till you become so unified with him that you say--If that soul goes to hell, I must go with him. So, often God waits and delays his answer to prayer till the suppliant becomes so unified that in sympathy they cannot be separated. I have seen precisely this in many cases. The Holy Ghost gives them such sympathy with the person they pray for, and such a hold of God's promise in prayer, they cry out--I cannot live unless God hear and save! How can I live and see this people die! Now, God loves this spirit and often waits till it comes up. In the case of parents, God frequently waits till they take hold of the case of their children in this very way."

Amen to this Coconut! This is so very true! As a mother of a son with Asperger's Syndrome, I know this to be true! According to the doctors, my son's neurological disorder carries a lifelong prognosis. However, according to God's Word, the Lord is willing and able to heal!

Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness Matthew 9:35
Amen?! AMEN!

I prayed and cried out to the Lord regarding our son's healing and over the last two years we've begun to see evidence of this healing...PRAISE GOD!!! Now, healing can be a process and we know this, but we are excited to see God's Hand on our son!
How much more we cry out for the Lord to save our children because only He can! I will pray with you women knowing that as we come together in agreement for our children's salvation, protection, healing, etc., He will hear us and He will answer!

In His Love

Thank you for your encouragement. I cry and pray from the deepest depths of my heart. I must trust that the Lord hears me and will save my older son one day and keep my younger one from straying.

Heather

hi calluna...i appreciate u for the desire u hav for ur son and the faith u hav in prayer....i too was leading a wicked life ....studying my medical course i was away from god ...addicted to worst things in life but....it was my mom who kept praying for me continously and our prayers never go in vain amen! god touched me one day,,,and i gave my life to him.......the the result may b late or instantaneous ..plz keep praying.....for ur son and ill too ..the tears she shed for me hav given me eternity through christ .....so keep praying we'll be there for u above all remember u are the child of the almighty bye

Thank you Sathwik for your encouraging words. It is testimonies like yours that gives me comfort knowing that my prayers are not in vain. May God bless your mom for her faithful and constant prayer for you. I am so happy that you turned your heart to Jesus. Continue seeking Him Sathwik with all your heart. May the Lord bless you. :love:

your friend in Christ:love:
Heather