• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

a question....!!!!

okay so umm...here is something i´ve been thinking about the last few months and yeah just thought maybe you guys could maybe give me an answer...would be nice :D hehe....or maybe even bible texts or umm...whats it called...umm....oh yeah bible verses.....okay so heres my question.....

well im a christian....(i still hope so..but yeah different story)...and lets say i had a boyfriend that isn't a christian (don't have one...!!!!!!!!!)...would that be bad??cause i´ve heard that we (christians) should find a partner that is also a christian...hope you get what i mean....

god bless
kara

If you are strong enough in your faith and are determined to bring him to God threw your relationship and always keep God first and brrak upp as soon as you start back sliding then there is nothing wrong with it.

Just very dangerous...

It's not a sin to date a non-believer and it's true that you may through your life bring him to believe. Now realise that everything will be more difficult. He may see no problem with sex outside of marriage while you do. He may spend the finances foolishly while you want to be a good steward. He'll have all sorts of other plans than church on Sundays. So if you can stay true to your convictions and not let him cause your relasionship with God to falter you'd be stronger than most. I wish you all the best.

Sorry, I just realised this is a teen section. I'm a married 42 year old, so I'll find the old fogies section. What I posted was accurate though, having previously gone through it myself. Aloha!

Hi Kara, well..............um......... i think that if you are spiritually strong enough (and i mean realllllly strong) it might work but i think that i women should be their boyfriend's(or man's) spiritual superior (it doesnt usually work out) but that is just my opinoin.
God bless

Really dangerous... I've seen many fellow brothers and sisters went into that and fell into fornication, lacking in the things they use to do, and so forth, It's a question, if you're not able to bring that person to Christ outside the relationship, could you bring him/her to Christ in the relationship. Why does it take a relationship with the person to bring them to Christ. And wouldn't it be a discouragement, that you cant even share you deepest most intimate love, Jesus Christ with your partner. Many are in heartbreak because of that.

The Bible does command, “Do not be yoked together with unbelievers…”
(2 Corinthians 6:14)
“Do not be misled: ‘Bad company corrupts good character.”
(1 Corinthians 15:33)

I know this is the teen section, but I act like one, does that count? :shade:

14Don't become partners with those who reject God. How can you make a partnership out of right and wrong? That's not partnership; that's war. Is light best friends with dark? 15Does Christ go strolling with the Devil? Do trust and mistrust hold hands? 16Who would think of setting up pagan idols in God's holy Temple? But that is exactly what we are, each of us a temple in whom God lives. God himself put it this way:

"I'll live in them, move into them;

I'll be their God and they'll be my people.

17So leave the corruption and compromise;

leave it for good," says God.

"Don't link up with those who will pollute you.

I want you all for myself.

18I'll be a Father to you;

you'll be sons and daughters to me."

The Word of the Master, God.
2 Corinthians 6:14-18 (The Message)

...and before its even seriously suggested, we don't date to convert. There is a such thing as evangelism, theres service evangelism, there is even friendship evangelism, but THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS DATING EVANGELISM and there shouldn't be.

WOW...thanks all for replying...
i´ll think about what you all answered,...so thanks !!!
its all very intressting....and now i know what others think about it....

thanks again
god bless
kara