• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

A Morning Devotion

SUNDAY, MAY 02, 2004
THE COUNCEL OF THE LORD

Psalm 118:8 - “It’s better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man.”

Did you know that God provides help for every problem we face today? His word has the best advice found on the face of the earth. Have you ever wondered why so few search through the pages for His guidance? The answer is sad but true, lack of faith and no intimate relationship with their heavenly father.

Blessed are all who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him.- Jeremiah 17:7/. The more time we each spend in God’s word, and in talking with Him about our problems the more we will develop a relationship. The Bible paints a beautiful picture of our God and King and the priceless love that’s set before us all every single day.

I will praise the Lord who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.- Ps.16:7/. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, do not lean on your own understanding and in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. – Prov.3/. God will never give bad advice and He is never too busy for us! It doesn’t cost us 100.00 to visit Him and we won’t have to go on pills, all who practice His advice find peace.

The counsel of the Lord is the way to go. Talk with Him about everything, He is a great listener and He’s not motivated by anything else but love. Recommend Him as your doctor the next time someone tells you about their therapist. Remember, His word is for everyday use not just while in church or bible study. Walk with Him and talk with Him. Learn to rely on and lean on Him. Surely He will never leave us or forsake us! M.G.

That's very uplifting and thank you, for you just reminded me of how close the LORD is to me everyday of my life...