• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

A Man Without Fear

Staff Member
And he said, Certainly I will be with thee. (Exodus 3:12)

Of course, if the Lord sent Moses on an errand, He would not let him go alone. The tremendous risk which it would involve and the great power it would require would render it ridiculous for God to send a poor lone Hebrew to confront the mightiest king in all the world and then leave him to himself. It could not be imagined that a wise God would match poor Moses with Pharaoh and the enormous forces of Egypt. Hence He says, “Certainly I will be with thee,” as if it were out of the question that He would send him alone.

In my case, also, the same rule will hold good. If I go upon the Lord’s errand with a simple reliance upon His power and a single eye to His glory, it is certain that He will be with me. His sending me binds Him to back me up. Is not this enough? What more can I want? If all the angels and arch-angels were with me. I might fail; but if He is with me, I must succeed. Only let me take care that I act worthily toward this promise. Let me not go timidly, halfheartedly, carelessly, presumptuously. What manner of person ought he to be who has God with him! In such company it behoveth me to play the man and, like Moses, go in unto Pharaoh without fear.

Charles Spurgeon

Active

RJ

And he said, Certainly I will be with thee. (Exodus 3:12)

Of course, if the Lord sent Moses on an errand, He would not let him go alone. The tremendous risk which it would involve and the great power it would require would render it ridiculous for God to send a poor lone Hebrew to confront the mightiest king in all the world and then leave him to himself. It could not be imagined that a wise God would match poor Moses with Pharaoh and the enormous forces of Egypt. Hence He says, “Certainly I will be with thee,” as if it were out of the question that He would send him alone.

In my case, also, the same rule will hold good. If I go upon the Lord’s errand with a simple reliance upon His power and a single eye to His glory, it is certain that He will be with me. His sending me binds Him to back me up. Is not this enough? What more can I want? If all the angels and arch-angels were with me. I might fail; but if He is with me, I must succeed. Only let me take care that I act worthily toward this promise. Let me not go timidly, halfheartedly, carelessly, presumptuously. What manner of person ought he to be who has God with him! In such company it behoveth me to play the man and, like Moses, go in unto Pharaoh without fear.

Charles Spurgeon
Very good, unfortunately, there are brothers among us, who do fear!

Staff Member
Very good, unfortunately, there are brothers among us, who do fear!

An enemy that many have had to deal with brother. I do not exclude myself in this.

For fear & doubt are weapons the enemy uses to dissuade the believer from action.
If we are so inclined to use them. Faith & Belief are our God given weapons against them.

Thanks for sharing brother.

Active

RJ

For fear & doubt are weapons the enemy uses to dissuade the believer from action.
Yes, and I might add to persuade the unbeliever as well. When he tries to creep in, I go back to the old Gospel hymn and "remember how precious was the day I first believe".

Active
The only One to fear is Him who has the power to cast into hell.
He has told us He has not given us a (spirit of fear), but one of love, understanding and a sound mind.
Yes, fear to speak the Word of God is a spiritual demon from hell; rebuke the unclean spirit and cast him out.
God has given us the power and authority to do so.
Keep faith and confidence in God, not self. Speak to the unclean spirits.
Be Christ like....
All praise, glory and honor be unto God.