• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

A Living Sacrifice

Staff Member
"They must never cut their hair throughout the time of their vow, for they are holy and set apart to the LORD. Until the time of their vow has been fulfilled, they must let their hair grow long. Numbers 6:5 NLT

The Nazirite vow, which was generally considered to be voluntary, could be taken by men or women who wanted to be set apart for God. It included several key requirements that would be kept until the vow was fulfilled. The Nazirite was to abstain from fermented drinks, avoid dead bodies, and men were not to cut their hair.

This practice has some similarities, at least in spirit, to the New Testament principle the apostle Paul advocated in Romans 12:1-2(NLT): “I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.”

Rather than copying the behavior and customs of this world, how specifically do you set yourself apart for God?

Prayer: Father, I confess to copying the behavior and customs of this world all too often. Starting today, I want to be a living sacrifice, set apart for You.

Active
Rather than copying the behavior and customs of this world, how specifically do you set yourself apart for God?
My first quick thought in reply is NOT ENOUGH. Your question has brought much to hart and mind. Time to do some 'soul' searching.

Active
You strip yourself bare, mentally, spiritually and for many people, physically. Then thanks to the mercy and grace of God, the Holy Spirit takes over and replaces all that you had in there with what he desires. Of course you have a role to play in this, its up to you to do your part and work on your sins and inequities . We all have that thorn in our side that is difficult to remove.