• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

A letter from a soldier

this letter was written by a brave soldier before he got killed in iraq

Dear Emily

Despite the long distance that separates us I have chosen you. This is my first letter to you. I have enjoyed many days thinking of you throughout the past two weeks. You are the hope I waited for, and I am overwhelmed with longing to be with you. My dreams came true when I found you, my treasure. These words can tell my feelings of love. Since I am deprived of your presence. Now that you are part of myself, I can tell you how much I love you. I know you love what I love and believe in what I believe in. I shall always be faithful to you since the holy bond has joined us. Such a relation would not have existed but for your faith and religious commitment and your expecting to marry me.

As for me, I think of marriage as being and ideological relationship with no false materialistic values. I have chosen you as a wife to build an ideal marriage life and decorated with the flowers of faith to a torch of biblical rays, supported with the christian junctions of love, compassion and sincerely. We are both devoted to God first and then to each other. May God bless our spiritual unit and protect our love and guide us to his path. I wish I could keep on talking to you, but I fear you might prefer short letters.

My love to you
Yours forever,
Jason

did he deserve to die?
why do we have to sacrifice our loved ones for our govt's intrests?

Well I dontknow if he deserved to die, but Personally no, I dont think we should be fighting in any wars. The commandment tells us not to kill so i am against war and all that stuff like, God bless our troops. How can He bless something that He commanded against. I just dont understand that one thing. Oh well, God bless you.bye

I am very sorry to hear about you're loss . I hate war's ! War's are senseless , but sometimes provoked . Either way , many of Gods children are lost because of war . This sounded like a very kind and gentle young man , and it's tragic for all who have lost loved one's in war . God Bless You . Mike

I say no to war as well. I too have a loved one in Iraq, and I miss her so. She is my best friend, and everything a girl could want to be like. It is hard having someone you love so dearly risking their own life that God gave them, just to get the war to stop! It's sad that some will die without saying goodbye. But God sees who is who over there. You know what I mean?
I am lucky enough to know Darnita will be alright, because of what God promised us before she left! But to those who have loved one's and do not know if they will make it home safe and alive, Pray!
It breaks my heart to see people hurt from not knowing. Pray and you will know.
God Bless
Sis in Christ :love:
Lnrobar

I am not a fan of War but when joining the Armed Forces we do so with the Knowledge to need to stand and protect. Do not join the Armed Forces if you think it is just for fun, to get a free education. It takes a strong man or woman to be a part of the Armed Forces. After what happened at the world Trade Centre Terrorism had to be stopped. A reality of life is that we all die, God is in control and if we think for a moment that God is not in control then we need to rethink our Faith. If I die it is because it is my time to go home, I will not allow someone's feeling dictate the thought that "It's not fair." My life is His, my death is for His glory nothing more. Under the law of sin I deserve to die but by grace I am alive for a time to do His will. My life will not be cut short because He is in control.

I retired from the Military in 2003 after 20 years of Service. I have spent time on every continent except Antartica. No one who is of their right mind wishes for war. However, we live in a world that is chaotic with sin. As long as sin abounds war abounds. We see the physical war, but the Spiritual war rages as well. I am sadden each time I hear of the loss of another soldier, sailor or Marine, for I have been there and have seen. We must pray for our leaders, pray that they, first know the love of Christ, secondly that they allow the Holy Spirit to guide them and that they not be guided by popular opinion.

I pray for this war to end

God Bless you all

There's a HUGE difference between "Kill" and "Murder". I'll leave it to each person to look up the difference.

1 John 3:15-20
Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.
For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

John 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this,
that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Administrator
Staff Member
Peanut, awesome explanation quoting Scripture. I agree.

Pastor, same thing. Its a sick world and from John 15;13 this is what a true man/woman of service does - on behalf of the WORLD in need of peace. Its an everyday war physically and spiritually.

war is never good but sometimes it has to happen(not specifically this one but in general). i dont know why somepeoples lives are cut short but maybe they arent really cut short. All things happen for a reason, and i think our lives are mapped out and predesitined by our maker before we are ever born. god knows. So i think that we are gonna be on this earth as long as he wills for us to be.its sadd tho'/ :(

Excellent Post

EXCELLENT POST!!!

In :love: of JESUS the Christ, Our LORD.
:love: Yeshua
:boy_hug:

Dalia said:
this letter was written by a brave soldier before he got killed in iraq

Dear Emily

Despite the long distance that separates us I have chosen you. This is my first letter to you. I have enjoyed many days thinking of you throughout the past two weeks. You are the hope I waited for, and I am overwhelmed with longing to be with you. My dreams came true when I found you, my treasure. These words can tell my feelings of love. Since I am deprived of your presence. Now that you are part of myself, I can tell you how much I love you. I know you love what I love and believe in what I believe in. I shall always be faithful to you since the holy bond has joined us. Such a relation would not have existed but for your faith and religious commitment and your expecting to marry me.

As for me, I think of marriage as being and ideological relationship with no false materialistic values. I have chosen you as a wife to build an ideal marriage life and decorated with the flowers of faith to a torch of biblical rays, supported with the christian junctions of love, compassion and sincerely. We are both devoted to God first and then to each other. May God bless our spiritual unit and protect our love and guide us to his path. I wish I could keep on talking to you, but I fear you might prefer short letters.

My love to you
Yours forever,
Jason

did he deserve to die?
why do we have to sacrifice our loved ones for our govt's intrests?