• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

A History Of Wisdom

Staff Member
The entirety of Your word [is] truth, And every one of Your righteous judgments [endures] forever. Psalm 119:160

On this day in 1790, Chief Justice John Jay presided over the first meeting of the highest judiciary body of history’s most audacious experiment in democracy. Since then, the Supreme Court has made top-level decisions, for better and for worse, throughout America’s history, its interpretations, resolutions, and judgments based on a single enduring document, the US Constitution—which has been amended and reinterpreted but never replaced.

God’s Word is the only document with a better pedigree and record of reliability. But where the Constitution, for all its strengths, was created by fallible humans, the Bible was inspired by a perfect, good, and just God. His words will never pass away (Matthew 24:35), and they contain the riches of wisdom (Proverbs 2:4). A wise man makes no decisions without them. And God stands ready and willing to give you all the wisdom you need—if you’ll just ask *James 1:5).

The US Supreme Court has made decisions with the life and death impacts on the nation. The decisions you make each day also have impact, too, so make sure the Holy Spirit governs your words. Jesus promised that, as you seek and follow Him, He “’will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries will not be able to contradict or resist’: (Luke 21:15). Trust in the only wisdom that will outlast history.

Loyal
'For I will give you a mouth and wisdom,
which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.'

(Luke 21:15)

Hello Christ4Ever,

Thank you for your devotional.

Regarding the reference you gave to Luke 21:15 (above), I do not believe we are justified in applying this as a promise to ourselves, for it's context reveals it to be related to the end of the age, and to those to whom He was addressing, and not to ourselves.

In Christ Jesus
Complete

Staff Member
Dear Sister, @complete
Specific to what you have written, let's look at the preceding/succeeding verses to v15 which in truth can stand for any of us since that time who are in and also contend for the faith. I also underlined the specific point that shows it can also attest to any time prior to the end of the age.

But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute [you], delivering [you] up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake. And it shall turn to you for a testimony. Settle [it] therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer: For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist. and ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and [some] of you shall they cause to be put to death. Luke 21:12-16

Our Brothers & Sisters in Christ Jesus have sacrificed much and continue to for His name sake. I believe that the Holy Spirit provides the necessary words of wisdom against all that come against us during such times of persecution and distress. Another reason to continue to keep in prayer all our brethren throughout the world.

I do appreciate your thoughts on this sister, for we are drawing nearer to His Return!
Thanks!

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><