• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

A heart that pleases God

Today's quote:

“And what kind of habitation pleases God? What must our natures be like before he can feel at home within us? He asks nothing but a pure heart and a single mind. He asks no rich paneling, no rugs from the Orient, no art treasures from afar. He desires but sincerity, transparency, humility, and love. He will see to the rest.” —A. W. Tozer

What powerful words. All God is asking of us is a pure heart. Reminds me of this song. :love:

We bow our hearts
We bend our knees
Oh Spirit come make us humble
We turn our eyes from evil things
Oh Lord we cast out our idols

Give us clean hands
Give us pure hearts
Let us not lift our souls to another
(Repeat)
Give us clean hands

Oh God let us be a generation that seeks
Who seeks Your face
Oh God of Jacob
(Repeat)
Give us clean hands
© 1997 Six Steps Songs, Worshiptogether.com Songs (ASCAP) Admin. by EMI-CMP

great post, my top two favorite songs are "my heart your home" by Watermark and "welcome home" by Sean Groves

There's a very distinct difference between a house and a home. You can stay in a motel room or rent a condo at the beach but they just don't reflect who you are or allow you the comfort like your home does. Now I don't know about you but I have stayed in hotel and motel rooms frequently, and no matter how nice and plush they were, it was always good to get back home.

In light of this thought are we giving God our whole heart and allowing Him to make it His home or our we just renting Him some room to stay for the week-end?

God help us to allow you to really "move in" and remove anything that makes you uncomfortable.

Last edited:
My heart, your home.

Come and make my heart your home,
Come and be everything I am and all I know,
Search me through and through,
Till my heart becomes a home for you.

Come and be everything I am and all I know,
Search me through and through,
Till my heart becomes a home for you.

A home for you, Jesus,
Let everything I do, open up a door for you to come through,
Than my Heart will be a place that you will want to be

Come and make my heart your home.

Amen. Father make my heart a home for you to dwell in, not just a place to come now and again. I love you Lord. :love: