• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

A friend in a depression

Hey everyone, okay well first of all I'm only 13.. i have this friend who cuts himself and keeps talking ab out killing himself.. he almost did tonight when i was talking to him on msn. There is a lot more to it but it would take to long to explain, please please please pray for him! I'm really scared and worried!

Rach xox

Rach, I will pray for your friend, but if there is an adult in your life you can trust to share this with please do, it is very important both you, and hopefully your friend, get immediate counsel about this situation.

I will pray for your friend too.

xfrozen_tearsx said:
Hey everyone, okay well first of all I'm only 13.. i have this friend who cuts himself and keeps talking ab out killing himself.. he almost did tonight when i was talking to him on msn. There is a lot more to it but it would take to long to explain, please please please pray for him! I'm really scared and worried!
Rach xox

I will pray for your friend too. Plus I would suggest you help your friend by sharing the substance of the below LINK. You don't have to be scared either, the best way to show concern or love for our friends is to put God first in our lives and his ways being our ways. And it is okay to care but you don't have to worry since God is in control. Keep the faith of Christ, sister, xfrozen_tearsx. Safty is with the LORD.

[Below link was approved by Chad in accordance with Talk-Jesus rules]

http://www.talkjesus.com/showthread.php?p=37059#post37059

Last edited:
This is a very very serious situation... in the adult world, even a psychologist would be "in violation" if they didn't disclose this information, because it's so dangerous, it goes beyond "patient confidentiality". Your friend needs SERIOUS medical help - and if you're really his friend, I think you're going to find an adult who is in authority over your friend - and tell them this is going on. If you love a friend, you'll risk losing that friendship to save his life. At least, that's my humble advice to you.

God bless you mightily for caring for this friend of yours and you've got my prayers 100% that you both find answers.

In Christ, :love:
CaliFlower :rose:

x-frozen...

My advice is for you to tell this young man to tell a trusted adult in his life and to seek professional help. You are only 13, in no way shape or form are you ready to administer psychological, emotional help. Yes, we are Christians and the Love of Christ abides in our hearts, in knowing this, we need to direct people using Gods wisdom to get the help they so desperately need. My advice is to let your friend know that we will be praying for him and that he must seek help now.

I will stand in agreement with the others here and pray for your friend.

Grace1

more prayer for your friend

Hi Rach,

Just wanted you to know that I have been praying for you and your friend this morning. Something like this...

Lord, encourage Rach and thank you for her courage to reach out on TalkJesus to ask for prayers for this young man. Grant that she is free from worry and fear and be with her as she interacts with her friend.
Through their online talking, open his heart to reach out to those that can help him where he is and draw him to Yourself. Holy Spirit, intervene in his life and get him to begin to see the child of God that he is, precious and so dear to You. Grant that he has the courage to reach out to someone in his home or community and that a door opens for him to get counseling to lead him on a path of knowing Your love for him. Use the a teacher, a coach, a neighbor, a relative, someone who loves You to show him he can trust them and also that he can trust You.

Rach, I just want to agree with what has already been said - that this needs to be brought to the attention of an adult and I hope you have an adult you can talk to about this too. Good work putting the request online and I will keep you both in my prayers. Stay strong sister!

fww

I agree! This..

I agree! This is very good advice also, I missed her age aspect, it would be advisable to bring in an adult Christian’s help that you know of locally where you are.

califlower said:
This is a very very serious situation... in the adult world, even a psychologist would be "in violation" if they didn't disclose this information, because it's so dangerous, it goes beyond "patient confidentiality". Your friend needs SERIOUS medical help - and if you're really his friend, I think you're going to find an adult who is in authority over your friend - and tell them this is going on. If you love a friend, you'll risk losing that friendship to save his life. At least, that's my humble advice to you.
God bless you mightily for caring for this friend of yours and you've got my prayers 100% that you both find answers.
In Christ, :love:
CaliFlower :rose: