• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

A Cult of self-Preservation

Jigglyfly, Correct me if I am wrong what you are saying.

What I am understanding, "You are saying that you believe in pastoring in a church IF they don't get a salary but honorarium."

Well that depends on your idea of "church" Trishann. I really don't care about what goes on within the religious institution any more than any other part of the world's activities. When it comes to pastors and ministers of the christian religious institution I really don't care if they are being payed huge salaries and living very extravagant lifestyles, I think it's shameful that they deceive people. I am concerned with the Spiritual ekklesia much more than I am it's carnal counterfeit.:wink:

Jiggyfly, I think we all are concern about the spiritual matter. So I think I will leave it at that.

A Cult of Self Preservation

=jiggyfly;147427]When it comes to pastors and ministers of the christian religious institution I really don't care if they are being payed huge salaries and living very extravagant lifestyles, I think it's shameful that they deceive people.

Jiggy, are you lumping all salaried preachers into that category (huge salaries, opulent lifestyles, deceitful)? Certainly some of the major TV star preachers of today fit that category. But, the salaried preachers I've sat under where I live have contributed much to my growth as a believer and, while they live comfortably, they are in no way living opulent lifestyles based on huge salaries drawn from the church treasury, nor do they deceive people. And the homes they own were not paid for out of the offering plate either; that money came from legitimate outside sources.

SLE

Last edited:
Jiggy, are you lumping all salaried preachers into that category (huge salaries, opulent lifestyles, deceitful)? Certainly some of the major TV star preachers of today fit that category. But, the salaried preachers I've sat under where I live have contributed much to my growth as a believer and, while they live comfortably, they are in no way living opulent lifestyles based on huge salaries drawn from the church treasury, nor do they deceive people. And the homes they own were not paid for out of the offering plate either; that money came from legitimate outside sources.

SLE
Obviously your experiences with the religious institution are quite different than mine SLE, but it doesn't change the origin of Christian religious institution.

I see no reason that any pastor of a local flock can not work a secular job along with ministering. I am not saying they shouldn't be paid just not a complete salary. but here again I see a difference between the Ekklesia Jesus is building and the CRI. The clergy/laity system is a prime example, it doesn't exist in the Ekklesia Jesus is building, we are all just brothers and sisters everyone on the same level.

Last edited: