• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

A bit of my story!

My thoughts reflected over the past few years of my life as I sat on the edge of my bed packing a bag, making my mind to leave and walk away form this 'old life' - I knew my hearts decision to follow Jesus, would make me homeless, i could no longer live where I was living.......

So I packed what I could carry and put my key in the office with a note saying i would call and collec the rest of my belongings, I closed the door and i walked to the train stationa t the top of my stret, and I sat there for what seemed like an eternity just crying........wondering what next, i knew i couldnt go back, that was the end of my beign a buddhist monk! I was now a follower of Christ, and trusted He would guide my next move!

Only a couple of week earlier I had been celebrating a rather large fesival at the monastery and there was thousands of people running to and fro, and there was an intense teaching schedule in the temple, and all the time i was there, my heart was troubled, and i wondered what it could be - I had been a practising buddhist for nearly 10 years, and taking ordination as a monk was something i had strived for for some time, so when the opportunity came, I was delighted, and took the vows with great certainty - so why now was I thinking I had made a misteke?

Each time i tried to focus on the teachings by the guru, I kept finding my mind coming back to thoughts about growing up, and the Church we went to when we were younger, the poem, 'footprints' and Jesus - I couldnt focus, so decided to 'skip' the next teaching session after the break and head to the beach to think and meditate and see where the route of these thoughts were coming from, so i headed through the forest to the beach and just sat there, during the break the beech was busy, but once the teaching started again, I seemed to be the only person left here on the beech, so i sat and looked out over Morcambe Bay and tried to look deep inside to find the solution to the problem.

each time the tide rolled in, each time the wind blew, it was though i could hear the words....I love you....and this began to fill me with fear of my current life!

So as any grown man would - I found time to phone my mum - she and her friends from Church had been praying for me since I came to become a monk - and on hearing this I once again found tears flowing like rivers!!!

I decided to spend much of the rest of the day in my tent in the forest, under the shadow of the temple. I knew then I had to leave and dis-robe and follow Jesus!! but I began to convince myself that this was not an easy task, and maybe it was jsut me feeling tired, and feeling doubt, and feeling chalenged by the thousands of people who had (in my view) somewhat interupted my normally very peaceful living.

But we had travelled to the main temple a few hundered miles away from the buddhist centre in which i was living, and I, being a monk, had no money, so i couldnt just walk out there and then - I was dependant of a life home again, and lets face it - who would pick up a hitchhiker dressed the way i was??

So I decided to stick out til the end of the festival and see what happened, there was only another week to go - but I grew more and more dispondant, distracted by the thoughts of Jesus, and became quite detatched to the whole proceedings - this did not go un-noticed, my teacher and i talked, members of my centre rallied around me and tried to confort me, but there was no use!

Once back at the centre in birmingham, I adorned my 'civvies' (I kept a pair of jeans and a t-shirt for manual labour tasks around the building and garden) and headed to my local bookstore and to my delight I found a bible there for under £5, which on my strict income of very very little, I could afford! so I had made steps, a few days alter I was packing and leaving, didnt know where I was going to live, what I was going to do, and who i was to rely upon, except Jesus, I gave my life to Chirst that day - I certainly felt there was no ther way for my life to go!

He helped me with finding accommodation the very same day - I lived in a cupboard 6 feet by 5 feet - just enough room for a mattress and my belonging (which were few) and I stayed in my friends cupboard for a few weeks, and there was a job and a flat all kinda rolled into place (Praise Jesus!!) so my journey began!!!

It has been a while now - and although it hasnt always been an easy journey - I pray to God every day and thank him for the escape from the journey to hell that I was on!!!!

After a few months returned home t scotland, and found my bedding in a church i attended since i was small, and now have found a great new fellowship locally and am currenlty looking into full time at Bible college next year!

My life has completely transformed - though the power of Jesus in my heart!!

--------------

I just wanted to share a little snippet of where I had come from - what Jesus has done for me, and this is very much a tiny snippet!!

Thank you for reading this - praise Jesus for making it possible!!!

I am speechless scottie75, the power that God has, the love Jesus has is the most wonderful thing we could ever imagine. God spoke to your heart, He wanted you to be saved, I have heard it so many times these past couple of days on Talk Jesus, how God moves and grabs! a person out of the pit, to give them love and an eternal life.

God bless you brother
God bless your heart

scottie---this is a "must read" for every member here! And the awesome part is that this really happened to you. God sure does have His hand on you. Your mother---I smile and praise God as I think of her and her friends praying for you. God has you right in His hand. Your story reminded me of how loving and gentle God is. I really needed this.

In Jesus,
Dreamer

Hello Scottie75

I just wanted to say I thought your story was amazing. I love the way your mum's prayers were answered. My sister and I walked away from God a few years ago, (off to University) and my parents have been praying for her and me, and I am now hearing God's voice for the first time so I guess that's one of their prayers answered! I'm finding my way again through the Alpha course which I'm really enjoying.

Thank you for sharing.

Thank you so much for your feedback folks, it is so much appreciated!!! This palce really feels like a wee family in Jesus here!!!

I want to thank you all for the opportunity to share a part of my story with you and thank you so much to everyone who has read it!!

Thankyou for sharing that with us dear brother.

You are "a chosen vessel" God will continue to lead, provide, and bless each day, month, and year. Has He not said "I will never leave you nor forsake you"

God Bless You

Out of a Dead Religion! Our God is a living God! amazing Testimony, thank you for sharing...

And we have seen and Testify that the Father has sent His Son as the savior of the World. 1st John 4:14

Last edited:
this is a wonderful testimony showing Gods everlasting love,

The LORD appeared to us in the past, [a] saying:
"I have loved you with an everlasting love;
I have drawn you with loving-kindness.
Jeremiah 31:3

thank you for sharing
blessings in chrsit as you continue your journy with God

Thank you so much for sharing that with us
What an amazing journey you have had
God Bless xxxxxxxxxxx

Wow, and wow again. Fantastic testimony. This is the second amazing story I have heard in two days. I never grow tired of hearing testimonies for Christ. Jesus is alive and well. God Bless you for sharing with us Scottie.

:shade: calluna

Eve

Scottie,

What an incredible journey.

Thank you for sharing.

God Bless you.

Eve:love:

Last edited: