• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

A beautiful story about the love of a father and a son!

I am at the end of doing a 90 day devotional reading compiled by Randy Alcorn. Day 13, titled "Safe in Our Father's Arms," is a story about a Armenian man who was determined to find his son, Armand, in the rubble that was remaining of the schoolhouse that had collapsed during a severe earthquake that occurred in 1988. Several police and fire officials had tried to persuade the father that it was "too late" and that "none of the children could have possibly survived the quake. The father kept looking through the rubble...continued to dig, hour after hour. Eight, then twelve, then twenty-four, thirty-six hours had passed and he continued to look for his son. Finally in the thirty-eighth hour of digging, he again called his son's name while pulling back a big rock and heard his son's voice! "Armand!" the father screamed. From under the rocks the father heard, "Dad? I told them! I told the other kids that if you were still alive that you would save me!" This father went on to save his son and thirteen other children. The father carried his son home to the mother who had been waiting for the father's return. The townspeople praised Armand's father for saving the children and he explained that he had always promised his son that, "No mather what, he would always be there for him!" God, our Ultimate Father, shows us this same kind of love. He will always be for us...not against us!