• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

9/11 2010 burn quran day = foolish?

This should be done in private and not in the media spotlight.

The congregation/church apparently thinks otherwise. The pasture openly acknowledges that there may repercussions but feels compelled to carry out his plan even after pleads not to from some people in power.

I must question what faith these people really conform to.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrki70TdoJs[/media]

In America it is legal to burn our flag and run Christians out of public activity so why is this not free speech and expression?
Before I go any farther I do not want to burn anything but this has been pushed to the forefront by the politically correct police until it is becoming a national issue. In fact this is a small group of people doing what they thing in right. Even if I do not agree with flagrant aggravation of other groups of people being ignorant is not illegal. If it was half of the country would have to be arrested asap- LOL!

In America it is legal to burn our flag and run Christians out of public activity so why is this not free speech and expression?
Before I go any farther I do not want to burn anything but this has been pushed to the forefront by the politically correct police until it is becoming a national issue. In fact this is a small group of people doing what they thing in right. Even if I do not agree with flagrant aggravation of other groups of people being ignorant is not illegal. If it was half of the country would have to be arrested asap- LOL!

I agree with you Larry, but I believe it is prophecy being fulfilled, tis sad at the moment but I know the outcome. God all in all. Hallelujah!

Have you seen this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nal3RP9il3A&feature=related

Last edited:
I definitely think its foolish! I don't agree with what they're doing but it is their right. I just think broadcasting it is foolish. I wish the media would stay out of it and let them and their little church group do whatever they please. I'm just afraid of the repercussions; what if certain groups act out in response and hurt innocent lives, or even our soldiers? It could be bad. I heard the pastor is going to pray about it, I hope God says "NO"!

Last edited:
I agree with you Larry, but I believe it is prophecy being fulfilled, tis sad at the moment but I know the outcome. God all in all. Hallelujah!

Have you seen this video? [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nal3RP9il3A&feature=related[/media]

Nice video Jiggy!! People everywhere seem to be disrespecting this great nation. Folks shouls listen to the quote from Japanese Admiral Yamamoto at the onset of WW2- "I fear we have awoken a sleeping giant".

WWJD? He cleansed the temple twice, in public. Not to say this man is doing the Lords work, or that this country is the temple. Just saying the principle to oppose something that is contradicting to the word (in this case the Quran)needs to be dealt with publicly.

What Will Jesus Do? He will handle it all when he returns. Our jobs until then is to spread the seeds of faith. This is spreading hate. This is doing nothing at all to help glorify Jesus. When Jesus returns and sets up his kingdom on the earth. People like this two bit preacher will not be preaching.

Isaiah 66:5-6 Hear the word of the Lord, you who tremble at His word: “Your brethren who hated you, who cast you out for My name’s sake, said, ‘Let the Lord be glorified, that we may see your joy.’ But they shall be ashamed.” The sound of noise from the city! A voice from the temple! The voice of the Lord, who fully repays His enemies!

The Lord will fully repay his enemies without anyones help. It is not up to us. It is all within His ability. Most importantly, empty religion will never ultimately triumph.

At the end of days, if not before, they shall be ashamed, when they hear the voice of the Lord, who fully repays His enemies!

Isaiah 63:2-6 Why is Your apparel red, and Your garments like one who treads in the winepress? “I have trodden the winepress alone, and from the peoples no one was with Me. For I have trodden them in My anger, and trampled them in My fury; their blood is sprinkled upon My garments, and I have stained all My robes. For the day of vengeance is in My heart, and the year of My redeemed has come. I looked, but there was no one to help, and I wondered that there was no one to uphold; therefore My own arm brought salvation for Me; and My own fury, it sustained Me. I have trodden down the peoples in My anger, made them drunk in My fury, and brought down their strength to the earth.”

Why is Your apparel red: The prophet asks why the garment of the Lord is red, and the Lord answers, “I have trodden the winepress alone . . . their blood is sprinkled upon My garments.” This promise is fulfilled when Jesus returns to the earth, and this passage is clearly behind passages like Revelation 19:13 and 15: He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God . . . Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

In God’s great plan of the Ages, Jesus will accomplish two things alone. First, He atones for our sin alone. He alone hung on the cross, bearing the weight of all our guilt. Second, He judges the world alone. God does not need us to execute His ultimate judgment; we leave that to Him.

Last edited:
1. Abuse of women, not realizing their need. 2. Stoning! Did you see the recent video of men around a woman using a cinder-block on her skull! Marrying children off at age 12 to be raped! Honor killings!

And everybody sits back and says nothing! Never heard the Pope! Never heard Hillary C.! Never heard our president in utter condemnation of it! Not even Franklin G. in the same manner! Go figure!
I remember once Jesus dying for man! Do you remember? standing up to the devils curse he brought upon us. He took EVERTHING the devil thought he dished out on him!
Who will stand up for the innocents as mentioned above? When was the last time you cried for a muslim childs eternal destiny?
When was the last time you cried in your closet for innocent people to see the truth of Jesus? When? Will you plead the name of our Lord?

Free at last free at last thank God almighty who is free at last?

If you think about it the koran burners and the NY mosque builders have something in common.
Both have a legal right to do what they want, neither is in good taste and both are insensitive. That is just a game of Old Testament eye for an eye.

WWJD? He cleansed the temple twice, in public. Not to say this man is doing the Lords work, or that this country is the temple. Just saying the principle to oppose something that is contradicting to the word (in this case the Quran)needs to be dealt with publicly.
I understand this man's anger and I'm glad he showed restraint. He made a firm statement that was not accompanied by bloodshed.

SLE

The Obama administration led Pentagon burned bibles is Iraq. If you take the time to read the end of the second article you can see the that these bibles were burned to protect muslim sensibilities and keep our troops safe.
This is more of the disgusting liberal style double standard that I believe will eventually cause a real war. After over 30 years of muslim attacks on the USA and the west in general, after the president saying we are no longer a Christian nation but indeed one of the largest muslim nations (which is a lie), after countless attempts to belittle our great nation and put down faith in Jesus Christ I wonder how much the people will really stand for.

This is from the Human Events website:

Last May, dozens of Afghan language Bibles sent to a soldier in Afghanistan were confiscated and then destroyed by fire because the command believed the Bibles were intended to proselytize Muslims, which is a violation of military rules and Afghan law. A Pentagon spokesman said the act was a “force protection” measure to preclude Afghans from perceiving the U.S. military was trying to convert Muslims, which could lead to a violent anti-American reaction.

Two weeks ago, the year-old Bible burning incident was resurrected by three journalists who corroborated to attack evangelical Christians for using the military to advance their religious views. This episode demonstrates four disturbing phenomena: a double standard, a one way cultural and religious bias, political correctness, and the antagonizing of many of our best albeit evangelical Christian soldiers.

And the Worthy News website:

By Worthy News Chief International Correspondent Stefan J. Bos with reports from the United States and Afghanistan

WASHINGTON/KABUL (Worthy News)-- The president of a US-based group helping Christians persecuted for their faith has expressed outrage that United States military personnel have burned confiscated Bibles in Afghanistan.

"It really should shake the core of every Christian to realize that Bibles are being burned," said Carl Moeller President of Open Doors USA in an interview with Mission Network News monitored Friday, May 22, by Worthy News.

The Bibles, printed in the two most common Afghan languages, were burned amid concern they would be used to try to convert Afghans, the Cable News Network (CNN) quoted a a Defense Department spokesman as saying.

The unsolicited Bibles sent by a church in the United States were confiscated about a year ago at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan because military rules forbid troops of "any religion" from proselytizing while deployed there, Lt. Col. Mark Wright said.

Such religious outreach can endanger American troops and civilians in the devoutly Muslim nation, Wright added.

From ABC news website:

Though a discussion about what to do with the Bibles was captured on video, Pentagon officials said the end result that the Bibles were not distributed but confiscated by the chaplain -- which is not shown in the footage.

"A documentary filmmaker was allowed onto Bagram last May to shoot footage of religious sessions involving troops," the Pentagon said. "He recorded a session where a participant displayed Bibles translated into Dari and Pashto that had been sent to him by his church back home. After a discussion of how or if they should be distributed, the chaplain running the service reaffirmed Gen. Order No. 1 and the Bibles were not distributed and were confiscated."

As to the Lt. Col. Hensley urging his congregation to hunt people for Jesus, the Pentagon official said the chaplain was speaking in general terms and not urging them to go out into Afghanistan to convert locals.

(That, of course, does not touch the issue of Sgt. Watt distributing Bibles in Iraq.)

On May 5, Army spokeswoman Major Jennifer Willis told Reuters that at Bagram Air Force Base in Afghanistan "the Bibles shown on Al Jazeera's clip were, in fact, collected by the chaplains and later destroyed. They were never distributed."

Today, Christian Broadcasting's David Brody says "the Bibles were burned because the rules on the base say that all garbage is burned at the end of the day. But just asking here; if the U.S. Military seized a stack full of Korans, would they be burned? You think that might cause a little outrage in the Muslim world?"

Brody also makes note of The Great Commission in the Book of Matthew where Jesus says "(G)o and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you."

-- Jake Tapper and Luis Martinez

Administrator
Staff Member
John 16:32-33

<SUP style="LINE-HEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 0.65em; VERTICAL-ALIGN: text-top; FONT-WEIGHT: bold" id=en-ESV-26747 class=versenum>32</SUP>Behold,<SUP style="LINE-HEIGHT: 0.5em; FONT-SIZE: 0.75em" class=xref value='(A)'>(A)</SUP> the hour is coming, indeed it has come, when<SUP style="LINE-HEIGHT: 0.5em; FONT-SIZE: 0.75em" class=xref value='(B)'>(B)</SUP> you will be scattered, each to his own home, and<SUP style="LINE-HEIGHT: 0.5em; FONT-SIZE: 0.75em" class=xref value='(C)'>(C)</SUP> will leave me alone.<SUP style="LINE-HEIGHT: 0.5em; FONT-SIZE: 0.75em" class=xref value='(D)'>(D)</SUP> Yet I am not alone, for the Father is with me. <SUP style="LINE-HEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 0.65em; VERTICAL-ALIGN: text-top; FONT-WEIGHT: bold" id=en-ESV-26748 class=versenum>33</SUP>I have said these things to you, that<SUP style="LINE-HEIGHT: 0.5em; FONT-SIZE: 0.75em" class=xref value='(E)'>(E)</SUP> in me you may have peace.<SUP style="LINE-HEIGHT: 0.5em; FONT-SIZE: 0.75em" class=xref value='(F)'>(F)</SUP> In the world you will have<SUP style="LINE-HEIGHT: 0.5em; FONT-SIZE: 0.75em" class=xref value='(G)'>(G)</SUP> tribulation. But<SUP style="LINE-HEIGHT: 0.5em; FONT-SIZE: 0.75em" class=xref value='(H)'>(H)</SUP> take heart;<SUP style="LINE-HEIGHT: 0.5em; FONT-SIZE: 0.75em" class=xref value='(I)'>(I)</SUP> I have overcome the world."

On May 5, Army spokeswoman Major Jennifer Willis told Reuters that at Bagram Air Force Base in Afghanistan "the Bibles shown on Al Jazeera's clip were, in fact, collected by the chaplains and later destroyed. They were never distributed."

Why do we keep antagonizing the very people we're trying to reach? Distribution of those Bibles would have given the Taliban a major weapon to stir up the Afghan people against our guys.

"I am sending you out as sheep among wolves. Therefore, be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Mt 10:16 NIV). There was nothing shrewd about shipping those Bibles to a military base. That was utter stupidity.

SLE

Last edited:
Why do we keep antagonizing the very people we're trying to reach? Distribution of those Bibles would have given the Taliban a major weapon to stir up the Afghan people against our guys.

"I am sending you out as sheep among wolves. Therefore, be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Mt 10:16 NIV). There was nothing shrewd about shipping those Bibles to a military base. That was utter stupidity.

SLE

I think the point being made here is that the general public and our government's admin seem to respect the Koran (quran) over the Christian Bible.

Seems to me, fear is the motivation behind all this tolerance too.

Loyal
From CMS Asia blog...

The Christian community in Kashmir (Indian side) needs our prayers for safety at this time. The Tanmarg branch of Tyndale Biscoe and Mallinson school has been set on fire. The fire is bad though there is no news yet of people hurt yet. Curfew has been enforced.

The region has been marred by violence for over two months now. Besides other political reasons, the news of proposed Quran burning in America (now cancelled) has fueled anger.

Last edited:
Why do we keep antagonizing the very people we're trying to reach? Distribution of those Bibles would have given the Taliban a major weapon to stir up the Afghan people against our guys. "I am sending you out as sheep among wolves. Therefore, be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Mt 10:16 NIV). There was nothing shrewd about shipping those Bibles to a military base. That was utter stupidity. SLE

Ed you know I love you in Jesus Name but you have never been more wrong. There are more muslims coming to Christ today than any time in history and they will need the Word of God. Judging from your comments should I assume you support burning those bibles? I hope not. One bible in old Soviet Russia was distributed to dozens of people (or churches) at a time and rotated amongst them. Like all oppressed people the muslims that get saved will need that Word.

Hey now where's the reply to my private PM on this post?
It should have been in private the decision whether or not to have marshmallows.

There is no goal more important than spreading the gospel at all and any cost. If it were not for the media hype on a small group of people doing something politically incorrect no one would even know about this ao perhaps the media is to blame for the violence.
But in all honesty the muslims need no real excuse to murder, rape and torture both Christians and Jews.