• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

8.9 Earthquake Shakes Japan – Was it in the Bible?

Administrator
Staff Member
8.9 Earthquake Shakes Japan – Was it in the Bible?

A powerful 8.9 earthquake shook Japan at 2:46 pm on Friday, the strongest earthquake ever recorded in its history. It’s the fifth-largest earthquake ever recorded. This quake also cause a deadly tsunami which has killed hundreds of people if not more. Dozens of aftershocks have rattled Japan, most notably a magnitude 6.6 earthquake.

In the bible the disciples asked Jesus what signs there would be in the end of days:
As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?” Matthew 24:3
Jesus answered with a number of signs, many of which we are seeing today:
Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. <sup id="en-NIV-23963">5</sup> For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. <sup id="en-NIV-23964">6</sup> You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. <sup id="en-NIV-23965">7</sup> Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. <sup id="en-NIV-23966">8</sup> All these are the beginning of birth pains. Matthew 24:4-8
“Birth pains” are likened to the contractions experienced by a woman about to give birth, with those episodes increasing with frequency and intensity. If you have been following the news at all, you know the amount of disasters has been increasing dramatically. They are also getting more intense. Japan’s earthquake was the strongest we have seen in our lifetimes.

The stage is being set for the second coming of Jesus. I would not be surprised to see more major earthquakes happening very soon. Birth pains do not stop or slow down, they get stronger and more and more intense.
“What I say to one, I say to all; watch.” (Mark 13: 37)​
Jesus told us to watch for these times, and they are here. Now for those of us that do not live in the effected areas, we still need to watch for these signs. No part of the earth is immune.
“And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring” (Luk. 21:25).​
It is also interesting to note that a woman who has been watching the sun, moon, and the stars actually predicted a major earthquake on the March 11-15. She posted a video on youtube concerning the event two days prior on March 8th which is posted below.

The bible is true. Prophecy is proving that everyday. The Old Testament was written between approximately 1450 BC and 430 BC. During that time, many predictions of the future were recorded in the Bible by God’s prophets. Of the events that were to have taken place by now, every one happened just the way they predicted it would. No other “sacred writing” has such perfectly accurate predictions of the future.

source: Bible Prophecy Fulfilled - Bible Prophecies Fulfilled in Todays News Headlines

A lot of Christians overlook the fact that we are supposed to look to the heavens for signs. A lot of people confuse this with astrology, however it is NOT astrology.

Genesis 1:14 " And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times..."

Luke 21:11 "There will be great earthquakes, and there will be famines and plagues in many lands, and there will be terrifying things and great miraculous signs from heaven."

If anyone is curious about what YHVH and Yeshua meant by "signs in the heavens" I would suggest watching a video called "The Star of Bethlehem" by Rick Larson. Also, more recently, is a video on Youtube by a well known pastor here in southern California named Ray Bentley called "signs in the heavens".

A powerful 8.9 earthquake shook Japan at 2:46 pm on Friday, the strongest earthquake ever recorded in its history. It’s the fifth-largest earthquake ever recorded. This quake also cause a deadly tsunami which has killed hundreds of people if not more. Dozens of aftershocks have rattled Japan, most notably a magnitude 6.6 earthquake.

Luke Chapter 21 verse 9 When you hear of wars and insurrections, do not be terrified; for such things must happen first, but it will not immediately be the end."

I believe the wars were the first world war, second world war and the cold war. But it was not the end, although many believed it, especially after the atomic bomb was dropped.

Luke Chapter 21 verse 10 Then he said to them, "Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 11 There will be powerful earthquakes, famines, and plagues from place to place; and awesome sights and mighty signs will come from the sky.

A billion people go hungry. There were many strong earthquakes in recent years. Haiti, Japan, New Zealand, Pakistan, ... I believe the signs in the sky will still happen. Polarity reversal? Northern Lights at the equator? Solar storm?

Luke Chapter 21 verse 30 When their buds burst open, you see for yourselves and know that summer is now near; 31 in the same way, when you see these things happening, know that the kingdom of God is near.

I have the same thoughts about this as you Chad, I too have noticed the disasters getting more numerous and powerful. The tornadoes here in America just add on to it.
Just as it says in the Bible: Matthew 24:36

...we are called to be ready and prepared for His coming every day.
Each day we live must be lived as though Jesus were to come that day.
And if we go another day without Jesus coming? Then we all should
thank him for His mercy and allowing us another day on Earth to
have fellowship and praise His name and spread His word.