• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What is the significance of the numbers 666?
As far as I know at the second coming of christ, all the unbelievers will be marked with 666 on their forheads to seperate the righteous from the unrighteous, so that the devil may have their souls. Also does this refer to the sixth day, sixth month, and sixth year (2006).

Im not sure if this is true and im not sure where I heard it from, so im hopeing that someone can let me know what it means and where it comes from? Thanks. Peace and bless out.

Justin: The number 666 is the mark of the beast (The Devil) in the Book of Revelation. If I were you, I would not spend a lot of time reading that book as yet. As a new believer, you will do better to start out studying the Gospels and then the Epistles. After you finish the Epistles, go to Genesis and start through the Old Testament.

The Book of Revelation is very complicated. Many theologians haven't figured it out yet.

SLE

I can only imagine what some saints will come up with on the 6 day 6 month of 2006...we have gone over this before, date setting for the Antichrist or the second coming of Christ is a no no.

Well not that it can't happen this way, but some saints get a bad rap when they begin to make up nonsence, or start date setting, and it will only imbarrass them as well, if nothing happens.

As far as reading the book of revelation i dont recommend it right of the bat, but i do recommend it...puts the fear of God in you. As we know the fear of God is the begining of wisdom.

Just dont go around scared half to death after reading it, or scareing others with it...God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of sound mind. I like the promises it contains and the setting up of Gods unending Kingdom, with Christ our Lord and Savior as ruler and righteous King, great book...theres also a blessing for all who read it:star:

Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is
at hand.

God bless

If I'm not mistaken, the Jewish tradition holds the number 6 as "imperfect". The number 7 is "perfection". There is also something about using three digits, but I can't remember what. Anyway, I read it somewhere, but what is important is what the Spirit led me to understand...the "stamp" of imperfect (666) is placed on the unbelievers like a reject stamp in an assembly line. These spoiled fruits are thrown into the fire. The "stamp" of perfection(777) is placed on good fruits and are to continue on the conveyor belt to the Kingdom of Heaven. Just like Jesus can see your heart, he can see your "stamp". When you get to heaven, you will find in your pocket a little piece of paper that says..."inspected by #1" ;)

God bless,
Nigh

The New Justin,

Only read what you feel the Spirit is leading you to read. When I first was born-again, I started by reading Matthew, then the epistles in no specific order. I started having dreams and when I told my friend, he said that my dreams contained elements found in Revelations. So I started reading Revelations because I felt that the Lord was telling me to read it. I didn't understand much of it, but you'd be surprised what the Holy Spirit can reveal to you.

These spoiled fruits are thrown into the fire. The "stamp" of perfection(777) is placed on good fruits and are to continue on the conveyor belt to the Kingdom of Heaven. Just like Jesus can see your heart, he can see your "stamp". When you get to heaven, you will find in your pocket a little piece of paper that says..."inspected by #1" ;)

The simplest responses are the easiest to understand . Great question , and hard to grasp the full understanding . I have to go with Nigh . Now ... if I can only remember where I put that stamp .... :eek:mg: Mike

I just started reading the revelations, but have not reached any reference to the numbers 666. But it is pretty scary about what is yet to come for the earth and the unbelivers. Makes me want to be a better christian.
Thanks for the responses, they answerd my question.

I will be sure to check my pockets when the time is right Nigh and I hope you find that stamp Mike HA HA HA.

Peace and bless out.

the new justin said:
... but have not reached any reference to the numbers 666...

Try here...
Revelation 13:18Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

A "score" is 20 years just like whey honest Abe said it in the Gettysburg address. So "threescore" is three 20s, or 60.

I will be sure to check my pockets when the time is right Nigh and I hope you find that stamp Mike HA HA HA.

Me Too ! hahah . Thanks brother and God bless . Mike

Justin, you should check out Tim Lahaye's books,fiction and non-fiction touch alot on bible prophecies,theyre all listed on his site,ive read most of the left behind series and thoroughly enjoy it.ive actually come to find out about rapture and judgement day etc from his books.he's actually got a bible prophecy research team.
It makes me really excited that theres a chance that Jesus might come back in our lifetime and sweep us up to heaven and we will not have to experience death.Bu:love:

There are an abundance of articles on the revelations prophecies on this site as well,www.layhands.com

Permission given by Chad to post link,12 April 2006

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
Portion of an article from Gotquestions.org I found very helpful:

The meaning of 666 is a mystery as well. Revelation 13:18 tells us, "This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666." Somehow, the number 666 will identify the antichrist. For centuries Bible interpreters have been trying to identify certain individuals with 666. Nothing is conclusive. That is why Revelation 13:18 says the number requires wisdom. When the antichrist is revealed (2 Thessalonians 2:3-4), it will be clear who he is and how the number 666 identifies him.

Chad said:

The meaning of 666 is a mystery as well. Revelation 13:18 tells us, "This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666." Somehow, the number 666 will identify the antichrist. For centuries Bible interpreters have been trying to identify certain individuals with 666. Nothing is conclusive. That is why Revelation 13:18 says the number requires wisdom. When the antichrist is revealed (2 Thessalonians 2:3-4), it will be clear who he is and how the number 666 identifies him.
1 John 2 seems to indicate that there isn't just one AntiChrist.

"Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming; even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour. They went out from us but they did not really belong to us. For if they belonged to u, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us." (1 Jn 2:18-19).

SLE

Chad said:

Its funny that at the exact moment that I was reading this line, Dr Rod Meredith of the show Tommorows World, said these exact words that Chad mentioned while I was reading it. Hmmmm.

I have just finished reading Revelations and I have a much better understanding. Also due to your responses. There is no stoping Gods plan!
This is as real as it gets.