• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

5w and taking every thought captive. CHOCOLATE

5W and taking every thought captive

For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ,

2 Corinthians 10:3‭-‬5 ESV

What does 5W mean? Firstly, we know that we can use the sword of the Spirit in Ephesians to counter the enemies lies e.g. enemy says "eat two 12 inch pizzas all to yourself" and you say "the thief came only to kill steal and destroy but Jesus came to give me life and life in abundance" as you would get big belly ache. Sometimes though the enemy will put a psychological knot in your head and you will even feel tension there. The enemy might make you feel emotional about something that is not real, say its your fault and then you are tensed up with guilt. The devil is the author of confusion so if you are ever faced with a mind knot, then untie it using 5W. 5W is writing down who, what, why, when and where. Remember you will not be attacked beyond what you can bear (1 Corinthians 10:13). An example. It has to be a mind loop or knot. I might have to update with a better example.

Who - the devil lieing to me

What - the lie I am guilty for thinking of lots of chocolate, saying its only chocolate and then resisting chocolate when actually its time for a small treat

Why - as the devil wants to hurt everyone and me

When - when you need to treat yourself

Where - outside a chocolate shop

Answer - eat chocolate. No, really lol its to understand the mind knot which then unties it as the knot is a knot in your understanding and thinking.

Shalom, the principle is there at least, its just thinking of a good example.