• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

$5 per month for chat system?

Is $5 /mo worth it per member who subscribes to gain access to IM and web chat?

• Yes

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 47.7%
  • Yearly fee about $25 per member

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • $2 /mo better if you meet minimum 100 monthly subscriptions

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Anything you think is best, Chad :)

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters
Administrator
Staff Member
Ok, found a really nice professional chat system here at this link:
http://www.userplane.com/chat/ plus the instant messenger system found at this link: http://www.userplane.com/im/

Both have audio/video chat capabilities as well. Talk Jesus qualifies for 20% non profit discount but the end pricing for both systems would run estimated $225 - $250 per month in the end (and reasonably so). I decided to see if many here would be willing to spend about $5 per month (most $5, as low as $2 depending on number of monthly subscriptions). It will be worth it and very very exciting to add both of these great software to Talk Jesus.

Think about it. Audio / Video chat on web chat and Talk Jesus' own Instant Messenger system also with audio / video chat. I am very eager to get this going by April hopefully.

Tell me your opinion. Take the demo test drive as well on their site for both. You'll definitely like it.

Also, Talk Jesus is accepting any advertising for as little as $30 per month. This will fund its usual Google ads plus ability to afford these two new software.

Great features:
1. Audio chats
2. Video chats.
3. Moderated chats - all rooms 24/7 (unlimited number of moderators)
4. Recorded chats (moderation purpose)
5. Clean, professional interface
6. Flood control
7. Private messages
8. Create own private room
9. No bugs like current chat (disconnects, bans, no moderators, slow)
10. Cool profile view within chat / IM system.

Share your opinions - humbly :shade:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Chad, it sounds really great and it would be wonderful to have a good chat proggie and IM!
My question is for the people who can't afford to pay $5 a month and have no way to pay it....would that mean that they couldn't chat at all?

Administrator
Staff Member
I wouldn't say they couldn't but the goal is to afford it at first so that everyone can enjoy. Those who pay the tiny monthly fee are sacrificing that bit for others.

I can, but I have no real computer smarts(lucky I hace this on lol) what is the difference? (not being rude just curious) I noticed about video chats I just dont understand the difference in other ares can you please explain? ty and I will pay if it helps Talk Jesus grow. I did go to the site but it reads like vcr directions for me (lol).

Administrator
Staff Member
The difference is mentioned in my first post. Mainly, audio/video chats, IM (new to Talk Jesus), moderators can be assigned, much cleaner / professional interface, flood control, no bugs (disconnects).

Administrator
Staff Member
Please leave comments instead of justing voting alone.

Whatever decisions are made I think that it should be announced before the New system is brought on line. So that those who cannot afford the expense can have time to be de-member from this site.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Administrator
Staff Member
De-member from the site?? Why would they de-member from the site?

I made it clear in my second post that no one will be forbid from using the chat. Those who pay $5 are the ones who choose to do so and help out. Talk Jesus will always be free otherwise.

Can not vote.

For some reason it says I can not vote on this poll. Sounds Good Chad:thumbs_up

I think this is a very good idea Chad. I wouldn't mind paying a fee. I know that it's clean and decent here. I also know that it's way awesome to meet other brothers and sisters from around the world!

Dear Chad,

We are pleased you give us an option to vote "what you think is best", Chad, and we know you prayed before submitting the survey.

In Romans 12:6-8, "We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully."

We do serve in the way we are gifted at Talk Jesus and Live Chat, and God will continue to bless His church here. God will provide the provisions and use this professional chat system for His purpose and glory. Change is good. It allows everyone to participate and offer their gifts in serving others.

Your servant in Christ Jesus.

Last edited:
It sounds cool and all, but sadly something I wouldn't be able to afford, considering college, car payments, trips, and many other fincances... :-( sorry..

missionary05 said:
It sounds cool and all, but sadly something I wouldn't be able to afford, considering college, car payments, trips, and many other fincances... :-( sorry..

Dear Missionary05,

I understand but the financials is just one area. You can still be used to serve in another capacity with the gifts God has equipped you with, amen? Please re-read my post regarding Romans 12:6-8.

You are a blessing at Talk Jesus and an encouragement to others here, Missionary05!

Your servant in Christ Jesus.

I would be 100% up for that. Like Hm said.. its a clean and awsome place. yes I am up for that Chad.

You're right. I support you, and it's very exciting! What if you miss a payment? Will you not be able to use it then?

Bob, you rock!

Administrator
Staff Member
I will not forbid anyone from using it whether they pay or not. However only the ones that pay will have audio/video capability. Also, I will not miss a payment because GOD is my provider :)

Chad I think it is all good . Whatever you think the Lord is leading you to do go forth. I know that at this very moment I have the Lord busy at work helping me get out of a financial hole and also looking at going to University on Faith so weather or not I will be able to afford it I cannot say for only He knows for sure. I just know that this site and the chat room have been a huge blessing for me and I would not like to miss out on anything. Worth it definately to me it is worth more than any money could buy.
Thanks for following the leading of the Lord you will be blessed even more.
p.s. I do pray that you are getting some of the rest that you need to be getting take it a little easier let God do the work or direct you to some help.
Bless You Chad,
Yours in Him!
God Bless,Love, Peace, and Prayers,

Chad you are doing a great job and about the payment i think that if only those that pay will able to use audio/video, that's good.I'm in Nigeria and its alot of money in the NIgerian currency but, i thinkthat those who will be able to pay will do it because the site is a blessing. If i could ,i would too.By the way how do u guys do that yahoo messenger thing.

Remain blessed.
Emelie
God is my provider too

Last edited:
Yes it is a good idea, unfortuantely I too would be unable ta afford this right now. But it is a good way to fund the site, and to grow and provide probably the best Christian site on the net, I am not saying that because I'm a moderator, but because I have been on other christian sites, and I can say I find that Talk Jesus is tops.

May the Peace of the Lord be with you always,
John.

Chad, As Long As I Am Here I Will Continue To Try To Be A Servent To The Plan God Has Given You . Right Now , My Wife And I Counsel Alot Of Broken People , And I Have My Own Ministry Called Brothersinarmst4g . I Wanted To Start My Own Web Site But The Lord Has Shown Me To Wait And Be Patient . After Joining This Site , I Have Been Stired To Move Foreward Again . I Am Interested In Advertising On You're Site , But I Will Not Use This Site To Promote My Ministry Without You're Permission ! Things Cost Money And Thats The Facts . You Have Laid Down You're Life To Keep This Site Open And I Will Do Whatever You Ask To Help As Long As I Am Here ! I Hope A Door Will Open Here , But If Not ,i Will Be Faithfull In All You Have To Do At Talkjesus . Mike ... Big-brother