• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

3 part question on masturbation.

Masturbation is not discussed in the Bible.
But lusting after a woman is shown as even the smallest breaking of the law.
My question is:
1) Is masturbation a sin for Christians?
2) If masturbation is a sin how so?
3) Is masturbation considered killing?

Loyal
Masterbation from my perspective is a minor sin, because you are taking the life in the sp.erm and giving them no chance to live, but considering that out of a massive amount of them, only 1 "may" get to survive, means it must be somewhat minor.

The thought process that goes into masterbation usually involves lust (which is a major sin) over someone who is not your wife/husband. But if for some reason your wife/husband cannot share themselves for some reason, it would probably be okay to fantasize about your husband/wife and masterbate.

Active
Masturbation is not discussed in the Bible.
But lusting after a woman is shown as even the smallest breaking of the law.
My question is:
1) Is masturbation a sin for Christians?
2) If masturbation is a sin how so?
3) Is masturbation considered killing?
Consider this; The Bible does not use the word "masturbation" But...When you uh take things in hand, you cannot convince anybody that you are pondering the transmission in your car. You are not thinking about digging a hole for a fence post...You are thinking about a woman. What does the bible say about that?

Matthew 5:28

But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
So then you are guilty of either adultry or fornication....both words are interchangable.... Is masturbation a sin? Yes. and now you know how. Is it killing? Yes. Sin kills

Loyal
Since this is not in the men's section of the Forum -- I'd like to add my 2 cents worth -- as a woman. Masterbation is what a person does to 'takes care of themselves' by themself. So -- it would depend on the Why of the situation. If a man Or woman is alone and thinking about their spouse -- why Not. If that person is thinking about anyone Other than a spouse, then it Would be sin.

The only way of new life can come to be is through man and woman coming together sexually. Neither can accomplish anything by themselves. The man is the necessary element. If there's nothing To fertilize -- then there's really nothing being killed.

And, yes , the wages of sin Is death. But neither masterbating or running a red light will send a person to hell. It's a person's rejection of God's plan for salvation that does. Running a red light is against the law and Could result in an accident that Could potentially kill someone. But not necessarily. Masterbating has always been a 'hush-hush' subject. Something that guys just didn't do. Especially teens/ or older guys. But whether or not a guy does depends on if he's married or not. It's between him and God.

Since this is not in the men's section of the Forum -- I'd like to add my 2 cents worth -- as a woman. Masterbation is what a person does to 'takes care of themselves' by themself. So -- it would depend on the Why of the situation. If a man Or woman is alone and thinking about their spouse -- why Not. If that person is thinking about anyone Other than a spouse, then it Would be sin.

The only way of new life can come to be is through man and woman coming together sexually. Neither can accomplish anything by themselves. The man is the necessary element. If there's nothing To fertilize -- then there's really nothing being killed.

And, yes , the wages of sin Is death. But neither masterbating or running a red light will send a person to hell. It's a person's rejection of God's plan for salvation that does. Running a red light is against the law and Could result in an accident that Could potentially kill someone. But not necessarily. Masterbating has always been a 'hush-hush' subject. Something that guys just didn't do. Especially teens/ or older guys. But whether or not a guy does depends on if he's married or not. It's between him and God.
Ok thank you very much you helped allot!
Much love Sue D.!

Loyal
Modern day Christians, scares the heck out of me! i don' even know them anymore.

I never hear them saying anything about "grieving the "Holy Spirit" of God. I have heard them say, what do that that mean?" and when I hear them, say that, I am "dumbfound" and speechless! Automatic you know something is WRONG! Any True Child of GOD, Born of GOD, ANd Have "GOD the HOLY GHOST in Them, KNOWS when they Grieves GOD's Spirit!

Why do we Have "The Paraclete, The Advocate in us and what does He do!

The Holy Spirit Promised

5“But now I am going to Him who sent Me; and none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’6“But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. 7“But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. 8“And He, when He comes, will convict the world [meaning you too] concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; 9concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me; 11and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged.

12“I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. 14“He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. 15“All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.

Only the spirit of a demon, will tell you it is ok to "Masturbate'! For We are Commanded to "Walk in The Spirit of GOD" and not in the Flesh!
And The "Holy Spirit" will Never, tell you to go Against GOD"S WORD! and MASTURBATION is walking in the Flesh! and It Will "Grieve the HOLY SPIRIT" and you will feel the Grieving IF you are a "True Child of GOD! You do not "Glorified God by MAsturbating"!

New American Standard Bible
Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. (1Cor. 10:31)

Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do, in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

I will not recant.

We are called , and the will of God is for all of us to "Sancitication and Holiness'!

And Our Brothers and Sisters in Christ , needs to Hear this! Loud and Clear! "Because, we can do all things in Christ Jesus who strengthens us" and when we are weak we are strong! And we help one another in times of Trials!

You must deny yourself! Jesus is what you need! Do not let that devil feed your mind, Sex do not strengthens you, it weakens you! Now count the ways. Read your Bible! and when you look back, it was not that GOOD!:eyes:

Loyal
Seriously folks; is this an appropriate topic at Christmas. :confounded:
_

What difference does that make, whether or not it's Christmas time. When Would it be an appropriate time to talk about it? Maybe that's one of the topics that Needs To be talked about. Is there a men only section here? But women are possibly as much involved as the men are. But it's usually only 'behind closed doors'.

Loyal
@PloughBoy -- your very last comment "Sex does not strengthen you, it weakens you." By 'sex' are you referring to masterbating? Or do you really mean 'sex'. Because you've commented previously that you have six children. And obviously you had them with your wife via sex. Do you feel that you are a weaker man because of that?

Loyal
@PloughBoy -- your very last comment "Sex does not strengthen you, it weakens you." By 'sex' are you referring to masterbating? Or do you really mean 'sex'. Because you've commented previously that you have six children. And obviously you had them with your wife via sex. Do you feel that you are a weaker man because of that?
I said sex will make you weak, I did not say sex will make you a weaker man. Adam did not eat the fruit on the tree, because he was hungry or He desire to be wise,:eyes: He ate the fruit, because who's hand, the fruit was in.:p And as time went past, I quarantee, he was not satisfied with the results.:eyes:

Loyal
@PloughBoy -- In the garden of Eden -- God told Adam first and then Eve to not eat the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of both good and evil / Genesis 2:16-17. because if he Did, then he'd surely die. And then in chapter 3:2,3. We find Eve talking to the serpent about what God had told her. And then the serpent starts lying to her that she won't die. She Will have knowledge just like God does -- knowing both good and evil. -- so she took some and ate it -- it tasted good and then some to Adam and he ate and immediate their eyes were opened and they knew they were naked and when they heard God coming, they hide from Him.

Why do you feel that sex makes a man weak? God created sex -- if we would follow God's plan instead of trying to 'modernize' it , we'd be better off.

Adam wanted to please his wife by joining her eating. And Eve liked the idea of knowing as much as God did. She believed Satans' lie instead of following God's Word.

Who says that Adam was not satisfied with the results. He and Eve had children together -- many of them. Unless you are referring to the ground producing weeds -- up until then, they probably had a beautiful yard that never needed work and sweat to keep it looking good -- but now he would have to work and sweat to have his food.

Loyal
I said sex will make you weak, I did not say sex will make you a weaker man. Adam did not eat the fruit on the tree, because he was hungry or He desire to be wise,:eyes: He ate the fruit, because who's hand, the fruit was in.:p And as time went past, I quarantee, he was not satisfied with the results.:eyes:
God created all things good. How dare you call that which is Holy, unholy! Sex was a part of us before the fall. God created the desire for sex to not only make children, but to make it pleasurable. And What was His commandment to us, Be fruitful and mulitply. So you would lay this sin in your mind at the feet of God, you have some things twisted sir.

Loyal
Consider this; The Bible does not use the word "masturbation" But...When you uh take things in hand, you cannot convince anybody that you are pondering the transmission in your car. You are not thinking about digging a hole for a fence post...You are thinking about a woman. What does the bible say about that?

Matthew 5:28

But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
So then you are guilty of either adultry or fornication....both words are interchangable.... Is masturbation a sin? Yes. and now you know how. Is it killing? Yes. Sin kills
What is adultry? If the person thought of in the act is your wife, then your own heart has twisted sex to mean evil when it was never intended to be.

Loyal
@PloughBoy -- In the garden of Eden -- God told Adam first and then Eve to not eat the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of both good and evil / Genesis 2:16-17. because if he Did, then he'd surely die. And then in chapter 3:2,3. We find Eve talking to the serpent about what God had told her. And then the serpent starts lying to her that she won't die. She Will have knowledge just like God does -- knowing both good and evil. -- so she took some and ate it -- it tasted good and then some to Adam and he ate and immediate their eyes were opened and they knew they were naked and when they heard God coming, they hide from Him.

Why do you feel that sex makes a man weak? God created sex -- if we would follow God's plan instead of trying to 'modernize' it , we'd be better off.

Adam wanted to please his wife by joining her eating. And Eve liked the idea of knowing as much as God did. She believed Satans' lie instead of following God's Word.

Who says that Adam was not satisfied with the results. He and Eve had children together -- many of them. Unless you are referring to the ground producing weeds -- up until then, they probably had a beautiful yard that never needed work and sweat to keep it looking good -- but now he would have to work and sweat to have his food.

1 st I am going to correct you, in "Biblical Truth" for I do know how to read. How The "Holy Scriptures" "The Original Copied Manuscript". That Has been translated into The English Language to produce a "Reliable" of a near as possible with readable clarity, a word for word Translation, For you have fell into a "Horrible Error" in reading and Translating a portion of "Biblical Truth" which has "Contaiminated the whole Loaf". Now I must explain the gravity of your error.

Sue D. You have mis quoted "Genesis 2:17" , That God had said: "If he did" , God never said 'IF' !
You said:
" God told Adam first and then Eve to not eat the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of both good and evil / Genesis 2:16-17. because if he Did, then he'd surely die."
God Never said: "If"! And I Know you still don't understand, and it is right before your eyes, and no amount of The Presentaion will open your eyes that you can see, Unless the Love God Almight open your eyes that you may see. for your vision is in the hands of GOD!

Berean Study Bible
but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil; for in the day that you eat of it, you will surely die.”

New American Standard Bible
but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die."

New King James Version
but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”

So I will not get into a argument with you, "for God is The One who is going to Judge the Quick and The Dead. And All the False "Prophets and Teachers" who He have not sent. and it will not be Pretty, If any one thinks we can teach what we want too and say what our own hearts desires and Jesus is not going to do nothing to us! You do not Know The FATHER! Just because we wear and carry the "Christian Banners" that we are not going to be Judge By GOD the FATHER! The ones who does not fear GOD, they say and do anything, and think, these things are not serious! And Think lightly of sins. We all have been warn, we have No excuse.

And another correction, when expressing "Biblical Truth" and a True Child of Knows this, we never teach what we "FeeL", we teach what we Believe the Bible is saying, That is why we are called "Believers in Christ" we believer the "Word of GOD". even The Things we don't understand that is written between it's
pages, The Pages of "The Original Copied Text".

Proverbs 28:26
He who trusts in himself is a fool, but one who walks in wisdom will be safe.

Jeremiah 9:23
This is what the LORD says: "Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, nor the strong man in his strength, nor the wealthy man in his riches.

New American Standard 1977
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding.

May The Lord God, open all of our eyes that we may see, that we may see, and see "The Truth"!

Loyal
Okay -- God already knew that they Would eat of the fruit of that tree. Thus, When rather than if.

Really -- there's no need for you to make it sound like I'm an uneducated person or highly misled or whatever you're thinking about me -- and, yes, I certainly do understand what you're / God's Word is saying.

You are making an incredibly huge thing out of my misquoting 'when' rather than 'if'.

Am I hearing sarcasm? Not sure how to interpret your comment.
I don't believe in sarcasm unless some foolish sceptic believes that that is how one manifests joy and spirit.
The spirit doesn't use sarcasm when speaking to believers.
When I say much love I would interpret that as I hope you feel much much live from the Holy spirit! that is what I meant ma'am!
Be blessed!

Loyal
God created all things good. How dare you call that which is Holy, unholy! Sex was a part of us before the fall. God created the desire for sex to not only make children, but to make it pleasurable. And What was His commandment to us, Be fruitful and mulitply. So you would lay this sin in your mind at the feet of God, you have some things twisted sir.
So you have Proclaim that i have said something that was "UNHOLY". We will see did I proclaim those words at the "Bema Seat" for your words has been "Document" and I will address your "accusation' your charge that you have declared before "All Creation", But i do "Hope" The word of God will be true in my case. For I know I am guilty of a lot of things; So I know, with a bow down head and bending knees. and if I need Help, "The Advocate" will be by my side. if The "Holy Scripture" is not True, Concern me. I hope Jesus did not lie, concerning me, that he would never leave me or forsake me. Never, no matter how many evil words are speaking against me.

“No weapon that is formed against you will prosper;
And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD,
And their vindication is from Me,” declares the LORD.

For I do know these words are true as well:
Jesus said:
“And I say to you, that every careless word that men shall speak, they shall render account for it in the day of judgment.“For by your words you shall be justified, and by your words you shall be condemned.”

So i am prepare to meet your words, "Brad Huber" at "the Bema Seat"