• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

3 Important Questions

Brothers and sisters

In the bible it God says " i will never forsake or leave you "
also " work out you salvation with trembling and fear "
and " not everyone who says Lord Lord will enter into the Kingdom og God "

These 3 verses keep coming up in my mind again and again,

I feel they are all connected somehow, and it brings a great fear of the lord thru my bones when meditate on it.

If we are truly Born again, God will never forsake us, and we shall not be plucked out of his hands by anything, wow amazing.
However we can choose to pluck ourselves out of his hands by disobeidiance or rebellion. Its our desision of how close we are to God.

That brings me on to my next Line work out your salvation with trembling and fear, this fear is a fear of the lord i believe, and if we tremble and follow his commands \ his promptings thru holy spirit then thats how we will be obeidiant and will never be forsaken, never to fear the evil one but only God as he has the key to Heaven and hell.

Then theres the scary one i belive this is a condition of your heart b4 the lord, as people claim to follow Jesus and profess him with their mouth, but thier heart is far away from him. could that be the reason for not everyone saying lord lord will enter the kindom of god.

Its all quite heavy stuff and a challenge to us all

There are many promises in the Bible to those who fear the Lord. For instance those who fear the Lord lack no good thing. The fear of the Lord is eternal. And those who fear the Lord know that it is a wondrous and mighty God they serve!

Thank you for your post.

Psalm 111:10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom:
a good understanding have all they that do his commandments:
his praise endureth for ever.

Fear of the Lord must coincide with Love of the Lord.

I believe it was Mr. Baker (who we know had quite a 'fall') who was asked..."When did you stop loving the Lord?" He answered..."I never stopped loving the Lord. I stopped fearing him." That is when he got into trouble.

Our God loves us more than any father has ever loved his children. Know that this is truth. He also has promised us that he will pour out his wrath as he did on Sodom and Gamorah. Know that this is true. He loves us and does not lie to us. Therefore, know his wrath will be poured out, and those who love him will be given eternal life. Praise God!

Good post Jehovah Jireh.

God bless,
Nigh

Nigh said:
Fear of the Lord must coincide with Love of the Lord.

Faith works by love.( Galatians 5:6)

If I dont have love I am nothing (1 Corinthians 13:2)

What does it actually mean to Fear the Lord... if he is so Lovign and all then why shoudl we be fearing him and all?? i am confused??

Love simon!!!

I've just been looking at this recently and my study bible says to fear God is reverance for Almighty God. Also to fear God is to be properly responsive to Him in awe and wonder. These have helped me understand what is means to fear God.

Ichthus

Fear of the Lord is beguining of knowledge (Proverbs 1:7)

The secret of the lord is with those who fear him (Psalm 25:14)

The fear of the lord will keep us from compromising Gods truth for the pursuit of personal gain.

to fear god is to believe god.
to believe god is to obey him.

In my opinion we can love the lord and be obiedient 80% of the time
( if trials come our way the flesh dont want to obey)
but if we have a fear of the lord it will be 100% obiedience
both go hand in hand.
i think you can still love the lord but be irrevrent

I want to fear the lord so much that i drop everthing as soon as he reveals my next step thru his holy spirit.