• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

3 Days of Darkness in November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Active
Has anyone else heard of these silly predictions made by Catholics?
There are about 50 videos on YouTube showcasing these nuts.
I “tried “ listening to a couple,but never give evidence or scripture.
Are all Catholics this gullible and easily given to nonsense?
Evidently,or they wouldn’t remain catholic,would they.

Last edited:
Those are hash and disparaging words. I don't know what any of this is about but it would not be the first time someone has presumed something and it found wings and covered ground. This is why humble faith does not stand on any ground but Christ there are an infinite number of trips, traps, and snares and a spirit of presumption opens a door for them all.

Active
Those are hash and disparaging words. I don't know what any of this is about but it would not be the first time someone has presumed something and it found wings and covered ground. This is why humble faith does not stand on any ground but Christ there are an infinite number of trips, traps, and snares and a spirit of presumption opens a door for them all.

Bless your heart
November is almost over.
Let’s see.
If some nut said trees will start running around the yard on New Years,i said nonsense,that would be disparaging to you?

Last edited:
Active
So,according to these so-called prophets,during this 3 days of darkness,nothing will give light. Not the sun,nothing man made. Flashlights,matches,lighters.
Nothing will give light,except,blessed candles,which I guess you have to purchase from the Catholic Church.
So one has to ask…..how would you light these candles?

Active
So,according to these so-called prophets,during this 3 days of darkness,nothing will give light. Not the sun,nothing man made. Flashlights,matches,lighters.
Nothing will give light,except,blessed candles,which I guess you have to purchase from the Catholic Church.
Obviously you need a Blessed cigarette lighter, or blessed matches. OR you could always ask "Our Lady of Perpetual Anxiety". Maybe her apparition would give you the answer!!!

Next Question???

No, I've never heard anything like that at all. Is that anything like the Seventh Day Adventist one about a dark day in about 1812 during the time of Napoleon? It's probably something to do with what's going on in Georgia.

Active
Has anyone else heard of these silly predictions made by Catholics?
There are about 50 videos on YouTube showcasing these nuts.
I “tried “ listening to a couple,but never give evidence or scripture.
Are all Catholics this gullible and easily given to nonsense?
Evidently,or they wouldn’t remain catholic,would they.
Matthew 24:24 - For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

I am going to research this question.

I am currently on a Journey to become a Roman Catholic and learn about the traditions, I am surprised that I have not come across this belief before. I value discussing and learning from others who have been in the Catholic Church for a longer time, so I am planning to reach out to some friends who can provide more insight into this topic.
Regarding the question on how to light a candle, it would depend on the context and the meaning of darkness. If the darkness refers to a physical darkness, then using a match or a lighter to light a candle would be appropriate. However, if the darkness is understood in a spiritual sense, prayer and worship would be instrumental in seeking divine illumination.
Candles can generally be obtained from the Catholic Church itself or from reputable websites that sell religious items. It is also common for people to purchase candles from supermarkets and then request priests to bless them, along with their prayer beads, such as the Rosary.
Initially upon thought I do know their was 3 days of darkness in Exodus as one of the plagues in Egypt however for now I will avoid any notations for the full summary of my investigation. Thanks for finding a topic I have not yet known off, I will post the results once I have compiled some information.
I understand when you mention that something can sounds 'silly' however until you completely understand something please re-frame from demeaning it. For example , I know many Christians from different denominations would accept and celebrate Halloween. However for Catholics it is viewed more as a secular and cultural celebration. Some Catholics may choose to participate in Halloween activities, such as dressing up in costumes or going trick-or-treating, as a form of harmless fun and community engagement. However, others may choose to refrain from certain aspects due to personal beliefs or concerns about the origins of certain Halloween traditions. It does not mean that other denominations that celebrate it are 'silly'.
Note because: I never look up religious information on youtube, only official sites such as ascension presents, bible in a year, Augustine institute and so on which then direct me to Youtube, otherwise I prefer prayer apps such as Hallow and the bible app as they have the correct guidelines within the catholic church.

Hope you have a wonderful evening,

Winter

Active

I am currently on a Journey to become a Roman Catholic and learn about the traditions, I am surprised that I have not come across this belief before. I value discussing and learning from others who have been in the Catholic Church for a longer time, so I am planning to reach out to some friends who can provide more insight into this topic.
Regarding the question on how to light a candle, it would depend on the context and the meaning of darkness. If the darkness refers to a physical darkness, then using a match or a lighter to light a candle would be appropriate. However, if the darkness is understood in a spiritual sense, prayer and worship would be instrumental in seeking divine illumination.
Candles can generally be obtained from the Catholic Church itself or from reputable websites that sell religious items. It is also common for people to purchase candles from supermarkets and then request priests to bless them, along with their prayer beads, such as the Rosary.
Initially upon thought I do know their was 3 days of darkness in Exodus as one of the plagues in Egypt however for now I will avoid any notations for the full summary of my investigation. Thanks for finding a topic I have not yet known off, I will post the results once I have compiled some information.
I understand when you mention that something can sounds 'silly' however until you completely understand something please re-frame from demeaning it. For example , I know many Christians from different denominations would accept and celebrate Halloween. However for Catholics it is viewed more as a secular and cultural celebration. Some Catholics may choose to participate in Halloween activities, such as dressing up in costumes or going trick-or-treating, as a form of harmless fun and community engagement. However, others may choose to refrain from certain aspects due to personal beliefs or concerns about the origins of certain Halloween traditions. It does not mean that other denominations that celebrate it are 'silly'.
Note because: I never look up religious information on youtube, only official sites such as ascension presents, bible in a year, Augustine institute and so on which then direct me to Youtube, otherwise I prefer prayer apps such as Hallow and the bible app as they have the correct guidelines within the catholic church.

Winter

I don’t understand why someone would want to knowingly join a cult.

I don’t understand why someone would want to knowingly join a cult.
Could you provide me with some more information on why you believe the Catholic Church is a cult? Upon your response I expect it to be more the 5 sentences seen as an accusation as such should provide more information then just Additionally, you may need a small break from youtube, their are people in all churches big and small that are particularly eager to provide their information which can be rather outlandish.
Also, it took you 1 minute to respond. That is not enough time for a response that contains any type of reason.
I await your response,

Active
Could you provide me with some more information on why you believe the Catholic Church is a cult? Upon your response I expect it to be more the 5 sentences seen as an accusation as such should provide more information then just Additionally, you may need a small break from youtube, their are people in all churches big and small that are particularly eager to provide their information which can be rather outlandish.
Also, it took you 1 minute to respond. That is not enough time for a response that contains any type of reason.
I await your response,

You’re doing the research,it’s all available to you.
Hint: Hold Catholic beliefs up against the scriptures. See how they compare.

Active
General Baptist.
Here are just a few things to look at concerning Catholic doctrine:
Peter was never in Rome.
Peter was never a Pope.
Jesus never gave Peter the keys to heaven.
Bread and wine never turned into the actual,literal,physical blood of Christ at their communion.
Mary was not without sin.
Mary has never appeared in an apparition.
Mary is dead and will stay dead till resurrection.
Christians do not pray to dead people.
Humans (priests) cannot forgive sins.

Will that be enough to start your research?

Active

Winter
Yup Romanists do enjoy their philosophies

What have been reported is that still recently or days ago, two representants, one of Israel, another of Palestine, both went to talk with the Pope about the release of 39 Hamas hostages in three times and in three days. It is possible that they combined to call the operation as is mentioned in the posted topic.

By the way, the satanic environment between Israel X Hamas in the current war is being used by Satan to propitiate a deal between Judaism and Catholicism whose headquarter is in the apostate Church of Rome(1John 2:18-19 combined with Romans 1:2-32) that was the embryo and the cradle of Antichrist that was developed there around 2000 years ago, through 266 Popes(except Peter, of course). Satan is working with both Judaism(John 8:44) and Catholicism, to establish his fifth and satanic universal kingdom as prophesied Daniel (Dan.2:41-43 and 12:10-13 and Matthew 24:15-25). In fact will be established a devilish universal and religious kingdom, whose main head will be the false messiah that must manifest himself in days to come (John 5:43-47 combined with 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12, for, all happenings from now on must run in the way of the manifestation of the MAN Beast of the earth(Israel)-Revelation 13:11-18.

Get ready

Active
What have been reported is that still recently or days ago, two representants, one of Israel, another of Palestine, both went to talk with the Pope about the release of 39 Hamas hostages in three times and in three days. It is possible that they combined to call the operation as is mentioned in the posted topic.

By the way, the satanic environment between Israel X Hamas in the current war is being used by Satan to propitiate a deal between Judaism and Catholicism whose headquarter is in the apostate Church of Rome(1John 2:18-19 combined with Romans 1:2-32) that was the embryo and the cradle of Antichrist that was developed there around 2000 years ago, through 266 Popes(except Peter, of course). Satan is working with both Judaism(John 8:44) and Catholicism, to establish his fifth and satanic universal kingdom as prophesied Daniel (Dan.2:41-43 and 12:10-13 and Matthew 24:15-25). In fact will be established a devilish universal and religious kingdom, whose main head will be the false messiah that must manifest himself in days to come (John 5:43-47 combined with 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12, for, all happenings from now on must run in the way of the manifestation of the MAN Beast of the earth(Israel)-Revelation 13:11-18.

Get ready

I have not seen evidence of Catholics taking part in hostage release.

I believe too that the Antichrist has to come out of Israel for them to accept him as the Messiah.

General Baptist.
Here are just a few things to look at concerning Catholic doctrine:
Peter was never in Rome.
Peter was never a Pope.
Jesus never gave Peter the keys to heaven.
Bread and wine never turned into the actual,literal,physical blood of Christ at their communion.
Mary was not without sin.
Mary has never appeared in an apparition.
Mary is dead and will stay dead till resurrection.
Christians do not pray to dead people.
Humans (priests) cannot forgive sins.

Will that be enough to start your research?

Thank you for this information,

Though it did take me a while as I was discussing with friends on the actual topic and typing away to respond. I appreciate you mentioning your beliefs, their are already a few I could debate however for now I will just provide the relevant information in regards to this thread. Their are a few that is new to me and with that I will keep quite, study and gain more knowledge into the matter.
I am Anglican, confirmed however never was allowed to know other christian faiths so I do like to research.I find myself placed with Roman catholic values and beliefs more so, hence for my interest in converting and this topic has not swayed me in the slightest. I actually looked into orthodox catholic originally, then moved to roman as the beliefs are rather different also in that regard. I would rather read and be thorough with any change then live to regret it, and currently I am personally more at peace because of it.
I know you messaged privately, I do not talk to any male in a private setting other then my husband. It was an agreement we made when we first dated and I wish to uphold that, I have seen the messages I just won't respond for that particular reason.

winter,

Okay Research for this is concluded, I will put the conclusion at the top as I am aware I write too much and some people would just like a small amount of information. Please note I am not Catholic, but I am on the journey to become one. I researched this for only 2 hours, maybe less. If you wish to have more information, I am happy to submit links on different sites or you can discuss this with a priest or Catholic freind/ scholar. Note: I did not consult youtube. I prefer not to use it as people can be quite extreme when it comes to their beliefs.

Conclusion:

The notion of the "Three Days of Darkness" suggests that there will be a period of darkness lasting three days, accompanied by various catastrophic events. It is important to note that this prediction is not a universally accepted belief within the Catholic Church. While some Catholics may adhere to this concept, it is not an official teaching or doctrine of the Church. I had one person believe it however everyone else does not have this belief and then they proceeded to explain me in depth the reasons why they don't. Same with the person who believes, and for 3 days at the start of November they fast, pray and then of course pray daily with a blessed candle. I think both versions are understandable and it is a controversial topic, however the Catholic Church does not recognize this, that is all that really needs to be said. Many people from different denominations have strong beliefs that others may not, even from the same branch so this is just one of those many cases. It is more uncommon in the catholic church however their are still some their.

The main information for those who are interested.

The concept of the "Three Days of Darkness" is a belief held by some Catholics, primarily based on private revelations and prophecies. According to this belief, there will be a period of darkness that will engulf the world for three days and three nights as a punishment for mankind's sins. It is seen as a catastrophic event with various associated phenomena. During the Three Days of Darkness, it is believed that daylight will cease to exist while darkness engulfs the Earth.

The only source of light during this time will be blessed candles, and those who stay indoors and pray devoutly will be protected. It is believed that the darkness will be so intense that anyone who ventures outside will die instantly. Furthermore, it is said that evil spirits will wander freely and unleash chaos during this period.

The belief suggests that demonic entities will tempt people into looking outside or opening their doors during the darkness, and those who succumb to the temptation will be struck dead or possessed. After the Three Days of Darkness, it is believed that the Earth will be purified, and a new era will begin, characterized by peace and spiritual renewal.

Supporters of this belief reference biblical passages, such as Exodus 10:21-23 (plague of darkness in Egypt), Joel 2:30-31 (the sun turning to darkness, moon to blood), and various passages from the Book of Revelation, to substantiate the idea of a future cosmic event involving darkness. Proponents of this belief often associate the "Three Days of Darkness" with purification, warning, or chastisement. It is seen as a moment when God intervenes in human history to bring about a cleansing or a wake-up call for humanity.

Joel: Joel, CHAPTER 2

Exodus: Bible Gateway passage: Exodus 10:21-23 - Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition

It is crucial to note that the Three Days of Darkness prophecy has not been officially endorsed or recognized by the Catholic Church. Some individuals may choose to believe in and prepare for such an event based on their personal interpretation of private revelations. However, it is not accepted as an official doctrine or teaching in the Catholic faith.

Proponents of the belief often cite catholic prophecies are also attributed to saints or mystics, such as Padre Pio . However, it is important to note that these prophecies are not officially endorsed or recognized by the Catholic Church. I will mention this again, there is no widespread agreement among Catholics or other Christian denominations about the specifics or timing of such an event.

But does that mean is could or couldn’t happen?

Imagine if a volcano was to erupt causing a large ash cloud, the sky would be blackened and it would be hard to be visible, it could last 3 days. Or an earthquake was to occur and people are trapped, it can take days to find them. However with that being said that is not the whole world.
Then again apocalyptic or cataclysmic events have been part of various religious and cultural traditions throughout history. Different religious and spiritual beliefs have different ideas about what events might lead to such occurrences. In Genesis God made judgment upon the sinful world, sparing only Noah and his family, who were instructed to build an ark to survive the deluge. Their is some evidence of this. If a meteor were to hit the Earth, it could thrust massive amounts of dust, debris, and gases into the atmosphere. This could lead to significant atmospheric changes, affecting weather patterns, climate, and even causing a temporary dimming of sunlight alongside other major world events. Then there are man-made objects of war that could also cause black-outs and mass destruction.

I want to also add this: While it is natural for discussions to take place within any religious community, let us keep an open mind and remember that individuals may express different views or interpretations. This diversity of thought is a healthy aspect of any community, and it allows us to learn from one another.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening,

Winter

Winter
Yeah, you can also get those Sacred Heart and Guadalupe candles across the street in Rite Aid, people buy them just because they're made in Texas without even knowing who Said Jude was (he wrote the next to last book of the Bible). You're thinking about getting a plaque for your wall and observing vespers at home? There's a place in New York that has that, I've seen them online. They sell it made in an engraving normally silver, the same for the saint's medals, those can be expensive, people buy it to show how much capitol value they put on their faith. Desert Industries for the Mormon church has similar fine art paintings and plaques, it's an investment to the homeowners who display them, in that sense it's the same as all fine art. Fine art collecting is a monetary valuation statement, anyone at all who invests in it invested in it to show what he thought was worth enough to spend time, effort and money on.

If I was Catholic, I definitely wouldn't celebrate Halloween, just because it's observed on the same month and day that Luther posted his 95 Thesis in Wurttemberg. I don't celebrate Halloween anyway, it's ugly, and I also spend money on what I consider art.

Status
Not open for further replies.