• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

10 Prophecies Fulfilled Recently

3. Ezekiel prophesied prosperity for a restored Israel
Bible passage: Ezekiel 36:11
Written: between 593-571 BC
Fulfilled: late 1900s

In Ezekiel 36:11, the prophet said that there would come a time when Israel would be more prosperous than it was in the past. The Bible describes Israel as being a prosperous nation during the time of King David and King Solomon about 3000 years ago. But, Ezekiel knew a very different Israel. In Ezekiel's day (he lived about 2600 years ago), the northern part of the land had been decimated by the Assyrians, and the southern part, called Judah, was being destroyed by the Babylonians. The land of Israel suffered greatly, falling into a state of poverty and desolation that would last for many centuries. But today, Israel again is a sovereign nation. And it is a prosperous nation. In 1999, Israel had the highest per capita Gross Domestic Product of any nearby country, even though the surrounding countries have many oil resources.

I found this interesting article on another site.

Not long ago, I reported on Israel’s recent oil and gas discoveries. These were not accidental. In the 1980s, John Brown, a cutting-tools executive from Texas had a religious epiphany regarding the existence of oil in Israel. Concurrently, a Russian Jewish geophysicist named Tovia Luskin had a similar revelation. Both discovered that Deuteronomy 33 held the key. This is the section where Moses left each of the tribes of Israel with a blessing before he died. Both men focused on the two tribes descended from Joseph: Ephraim and Manasseh. “Their land,” said Moses, will yield the ‘precious fruits’ ‘of the deep lying beneath,’ of the ‘ancient mountains’ and of the everlasting hills.” To Luskin, this sounded like an oil field. He named his company Givot Olam, which means “everlasting hills.” Brown, coming to a similar conclusion founded his company, Zion Oil.

The discovery I reported on was near Rosh Haayin, within the territory allocated to Manasseh. Other drilling efforts that have already been productive have been concentrated only a few miles from the Jezreel Valley and the ancient city of Megiddo. Those who know their Bibles understand the significance of this area. This is the location of Armageddon. Now, it really gets interesting. Consider the following verses in light of what has been discovered:
And Jacob called unto his sons, and said, “Gather yourselves together, that I may tell you which shall befall you in the last days” (Genesis 49:1 KJV, emphasis added).

From the God of your fathers who helps you, and by the Almighty who blesses you with blessings of heaven above, blessings of the deep that lies beneath… (Genesis 49:25 NASB, emphasis added).

The Bible is saying that these blessings would occur in the last days, and it appears that a major “find” will be very near the site of Armageddon. Could it be that the plunder the invading armies will be seeking is Israel’s oil? Could it also be that by the time of the invasion, their own reserves are drying up and the only bountiful source of “liquid gold” lies in Israel?

An additional verse adds to the interest:

They will call peoples to the mountain; there they will offer righteous sacrifices; for they will draw out of the abundance of the seas, and the hidden treasures of the sand (Deuteronomy 33:19 NASB, emphasis added).

Where was one of Israel’s greatest discoveries of both oil and natural gas? Just offshore… in the sea

spewing the watchtower babble is not impressive

The watchtower publications are not authoritative. They are known for their out of context quotes. The article you are plagiarizing is the November 1, 2011 Watchtower.

A member of another forum contacted the author that was misquoted and confirmed it.

I would encourage you to use your God given brain and research the information outside the Watchtower publications.

I am well aware of where this accurate information came from. I have the privilege of using this information to show what is true regarding the fall of Jerusalem. Whether you accept it has no bearing on the accuracy of the information.

Just as Jesus was attacked by the religious leaders despite providing overwhelming evidence that he was the Messiah, these never changed course.(John 11:50, 53) This, however, did not alter Jesus direction, for he kept on making known the "good news of the kingdom" down till the day of his death.(John 18:36) Of course, the religious leaders wicked course was later ended when Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 C.E.

You are overlooking the Bible as establishing the time line for both the fall of Jerusalem and Babylon. This is no different than the churches have done. But just as Jesus was not intimidated, nor will I, but will continue to produce sound information for reasonable individuals to give thought to.

It is because I have used my "God given brain" that I am able to provide sound and solid information, which you have not provided concerning the Bible, but takes delight in attacking, but nothing meaningful Scripturally coming from you. If I am to use my "God-given brain", then why don't you do the same thing instead of quoting from Wikipedia, a source that is not always reliable !

Note: None of the secular experts quoted in this article
hold that Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 B.C.E.

Does it matter whether or not secular sources accept 607 B.C.E.as the date of Jerusalem's fall for the 1st time ? Did Jesus concern himself whether or not the religious leaders accepted what he taught or that he was the Messiah, despite the insurmountable evidence ?

Jesus was well aware the vast majority of the Jews were influenced by the Jewish religious leaders, with the man's (who was born blind) parents being afraid to defend Jesus in front of the Pharisees as being from God, despite knowing full well that Jesus performed the miracle of restoring their son's sight.(John 9:21, 22)

However, their son, now able to see, rather than giving into fear as his parents had done, told the Pharisees, who repetitively contested the miracle, that Jesus was from God.(John 9:30-33) For this man's acceptance of Jesus, "they threw him out !"(John 9:34)

Michael Behe, molecular biologist said (concerning evidence that disproves evolution): "In my view it is a failure of nerve to back away from something that is so strongly indicated by the evidence simply because you think the conclusion has unwelcome philosophical implications." Thus, what has been presented for the evidence for Jerusalem's fall in 607 B.C.E. has solid ground upon which to stand, though "has unwelcome philosophical implications".

And what Mr John Steele was quoted as saying (in the November 2011 Watchtower) was just one sentence: "It is possible that some of the earliest predictions could have been made by projecting the scheme backwards when the text was compiled".

Mr Steele is accepting the date of 588/587 B.C.E. as the fall of Jerusalem, but failed to thoroughly examine VAT 4956. Had he done so, he could have seen that year 37 of Nebuchadnezzar II had 13 sets of lunar observations, but that not all the lunar positions matched the year of 568/567 B.C.E., but all 13 did match for the year of 588/587 B.C.E. This established that Nebuchadnezzar's 18th year as 607 B.C.E., 20 years earlier than scholars have proposed.

Secular sources have established that Babylon fell on October 5/6, 539 B.C.E., being known as a pivotal date, and that the Bible establishes that "in the first year of Cyrus the king of Persia, that Jehovah’s word from the mouth of Jeremiah might be accomplished, Jehovah roused the spirit of Cyrus the king of Persia so that he caused a cry to pass through all his realm, and also in writing, saying:.....he himself has commissioned me to build him a house in Jerusalem, which is in Judah. Whoever there is among you of all his people, may his God prove to be with him. So let him go up to Jerusalem, which is in Judah, and rebuild the house of Jehovah the God of Israel."(Ezra 1:1-3)

Within 2 years, the Jews were back in their homeland (in the seventh month, Ezra 3:1) and in Jerusalem, in 537 B.C.E. Those who accept the Bible without question, know that Jeremiah 29:10 was then fulfilled, with the "seventy years" having ended. Anyone who can do even a little math, can take 537 + 70 years and see that this equals 607, except those who are like the Pharisees, whereby no amount of evidence sufficed.

Last edited:
Jaareshiah,

Only the Jehovah's Witnesses say it was 607.. ALL others (including Biblical Scholars) concur it was 587.

Does the date matter? Not to anyone other than JW's because only the JW's use that date to set up the 1914 doctrine. (which was a failed prophecy btw).

"This Generation" definition by the Watchtower has changed many times. The "old light" (failed prophecies) are swept under the rug and the "New light" is only a means to confuse the issue so as to divert attention from the FACT that the Watchtower CORPORATION..deceives it's free labor source using what ever "New Light LIE" that will keep them from asking questions.

To top it all off, a great big dose of FEAR is included that if anyone does question their doctrine, they will face the wrath of the organization. You are well aware of what all that entails. Loss of family, friends and being considered spiritually weak, bad association, and being accused of being an Apostate just for wanting clarification of a doctrine that any thinking person would find laughably absurd. But Jehovah's witnesses will cower and believe any lie the FDS gives them because they do not want to loose their families or their standing in the congregation. (Fear and Pride).

And if you do dare to question them, you are "marked" and to regain your standing in the congregation you will have to endure months (if not years) of their shunning and having to sit on the back row and not arriving early and making sure you leave quickly so as to not have any fellowship etc etc until MEN decide you have adequately repented to welcome you back. Oh I forgot to mention that you also have to be at every meeting and do extra studies in the Watchtower magazines and and and and and oh and don't forget your field service documentation.

Compare that with what Jesus says regarding the prodigal son parable. The Father accepted the returning son with open arms and even RAN to meet him. The Father did not make the son PROVE anything. The Father was so happy to see his son return that He threw him a PARTY! Immediately.. not months or years after the son proved he was repentant.

So that begs the question.. whose approval do you seek? God or Men?

The Bible does not give the specific year of the fall of Jerusalem to the Babylonians and that is why the Watchtower minipulates the dates (as you have in your previous post) to make 607 the year so they can data mine passages to appear to point to 1914. You asked me to give you evidence from the Bible.. So here you go.

Jeremiah 44 references the destruction of Jerusalem to the Jews that fled to Egypt. The Pharaoh who was ruling at that time was Hophra. Pharaoh Hophra started his rule in 589 BC, so how could it have been yearlier in 607 bc???? It can't. The Watchtower/Governing Body/ FDS is WRONG! 1914 was a hoax. Jesus (Michael the arch angel) did NOT invisibly return in 1914 or 1918 or 1919 and Jesus (the REAL Jesus) did not appoint them at all. You have been lied to and minipulated into believing a lie.

Jeremiah 44:
1 The word that came to Jeremiah concerning all the Judeans who lived in the land of Egypt, at Migdol, at Tahpanhes, at Memphis, and in the land of Pathros, 2 "Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: You have seen all the disaster that I brought upon Jerusalem and upon all the cities of Judah. Behold, this day they are a desolation, and no one dwells in them, 3 because of the evil that they committed, provoking me to anger, in that they went to make offerings and serve other gods that they knew not, neither they, nor you, nor your fathers. 4 Yet I persistently sent to you all my servants the prophets, saying, 'Oh, do not do this abomination that I hate!' 5 But they did not listen or incline their ear, to turn from their evil and make no offerings to other gods. 6 Therefore my wrath and my anger were poured out and kindled in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem, and they became a waste and a desolation, as at this day. 7 And now thus says the LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel: Why do you commit this great evil against yourselves, to cut off from you man and woman, infant and child, from the midst of Judah, leaving you no remnant? 8 Why do you provoke me to anger with the works of your hands, making offerings to other gods in the land of Egypt where you have come to live, so that you may be cut off and become a curse and a taunt among all the nations of the earth? 9 Have you forgotten the evil of your fathers, the evil of the kings of Judah, the evil of their wives, your own evil, and the evil of your wives, which they committed in the land of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem? 10 They have not humbled themselves even to this day, nor have they feared, nor walked in my law and my statutes that I set before you and before your fathers. 11 "Therefore thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: Behold, I will set my face against you for harm, to cut off all Judah. 12 I will take the remnant of Judah who have set their faces to come to the land of Egypt to live, and they shall all be consumed. In the land of Egypt they shall fall; by the sword and by famine they shall be consumed. From the least to the greatest, they shall die by the sword and by famine, and they shall become an oath, a horror, a curse, and a taunt. 13 I will punish those who dwell in the land of Egypt, as I have punished Jerusalem, with the sword, with famine, and with pestilence, 14 so that none of the remnant of Judah who have come to live in the land of Egypt shall escape or survive or return to the land of Judah, to which they desire to return to dwell there. For they shall not return, except some fugitives." 15 Then all the men who knew that their wives had made offerings to other gods, and all the women who stood by, a great assembly, all the people who lived in Pathros in the land of Egypt, answered Jeremiah: 16 "As for the word that you have spoken to us in the name of the LORD, we will not listen to you. 17 But we will do everything that we have vowed, make offerings to the queen of heaven and pour out drink offerings to her, as we did, both we and our fathers, our kings and our officials, in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem. For then we had plenty of food, and prospered, and saw no disaster. 18 But since we left off making offerings to the queen of heaven and pouring out drink offerings to her, we have lacked everything and have been consumed by the sword and by famine." 19 And the women said,"When we made offerings to the queen of heaven and poured out drink offerings to her, was it without our husbands' approval that we made cakes for her bearing her image and poured out drink offerings to her?" 20 Then Jeremiah said to all the people, men and women, all the people who had given him this answer: 21 "As for the offerings that you offered in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem, you and your fathers, your kings and your officials, and the people of the land, did not the LORD remember them? Did it not come into his mind? 22 The LORD could no longer bear your evil deeds and the abominations that you committed. Therefore your land has become a desolation and a waste and a curse, without inhabitant, as it is this day. 23 It is because you made offerings and because you sinned against the LORD and did not obey the voice of the LORD or walk in his law and in his statutes and in his testimonies that this disaster has happened to you, as at this day." 24 Jeremiah said to all the people and all the women, "Hear the word of the LORD, all you of Judah who are in the land of Egypt. 25 Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: You and your wives have declared with your mouths, and have fulfilled it with your hands, saying, 'We will surely perform our vows that we have made, to make offerings to the queen of heaven and to pour out drink offerings to her.' Then confirm your vows and perform your vows! 26 Therefore hear the word of the LORD, all you of Judah who dwell in the land of Egypt: Behold, I have sworn by my great name, says the LORD, that my name shall no more be invoked by the mouth of any man of Judah in all the land of Egypt, saying, 'As the Lord GOD lives.' 27 Behold, I am watching over them for disaster and not for good. All the men of Judah who are in the land of Egypt shall be consumed by the sword and by famine, until there is an end of them. 28 And those who escape the sword shall return from the land of Egypt to the land of Judah, few in number; and all the remnant of Judah, who came to the land of Egypt to live, shall know whose word will stand, mine or theirs. 29 This shall be the sign to you, declares the LORD, that I will punish you in this place, in order that you may know that my words will surely stand against you for harm: 30 Thus says the LORD, Behold, I will give Pharaoh Hophra king of Egypt into the hand of his enemies and into the hand of those who seek his life, as I gave Zedekiah king of Judah into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, who was his enemy and sought his life."

Apries (Ancient Greek: Ἁπρίης) is the name by which Herodotus (ii. 161) and Diodorus (i. 68) designate Wahibre Haaibre, Ουαφρης (Pharaoh-Hophra), a pharaoh of Egypt (589 BC – 570 BC), the fourth king (counting from Psamtik I) of the Twenty-sixth dynasty of Egypt.

So is the Watchtower going to re-write Egyptian History so their 1914 doctrine can continue to be "accurate knowledge"?

Yes, only Jehovah's Witnesses say that Jerusalem fell for the 1st time in 607 B.C.E., due to both secular and Biblical evidence. With the Babylonians delving deeply into astrology, these kept astrological charts that pinpoint Nebuchadnezzar's 37th year as 588/587 B.C.E., not 568/567 B.C.E., as all others assert, accepting both Berossus and Ptolemy's accounts as accurate history, when in fact, these have both been shown to be inaccurate in their details.

Had individuals truly examined history more carefully, rather than accepting the predominate thought of 568/567 B.C.E., then the 13 lunar positions that the astrologers wrote down for Nebuchadnezzar's 37th year could be seen as occurring, not in 568/567 B.C.E, but in 588/587 B.C.E., and thus his 18th year as being 607 B.C.E.

Because of the superior reliability of the lunar positions, researchers have carefully analyzed these 13 sets of lunar positions on VAT 4956. They analyzed the data with the aid of a computer program capable of showing the location of celestial bodies on a certain date in the past.

This analysis was made with the astronomy software entitled TheSky6 (which can accept any date from 4,712 B.C. to A.D. 10,000 to show a graphical representation of what the sky looks like from any location on earth, allowing for (1) precession, which is the 26,000-year period "wobble" of the Earth's rotational axis that results in precession of the equinoxes, (2) nutation, which is a small change in the position of stars due to the Moon's 18.6-year period precession, (3) aberration, which is the difference between the apparent position of a star and its actual position, and (4) refraction, which is the bending of light caused by the Earth's atmosphere, TheSky6 website). In addition, the analysis was augmented by the comprehensive freeware program Cartes du Ciel/Sky Charts (CDC) and a date converter provided by the U.S. Naval Observatory.

What did their analysis reveal? While not all of these sets of lunar positions match the year 568/567 B.C.E., all 13 sets match calculated positions for 20 years earlier, for the year 588/587 B.C.E. Historians have established the fall of ancient Babylon as in 539 B.C.E.(such as the article "The Babylonian Calendar" by Jona Lendering)

In fact there is evidence of tampering by scholars on line 3 of VAT 4956 to support 568/567 B.C.E. as the date of Nebuchadnezzar's 37th year, which reads "Night of the 9th (error for 8th), beginning of the night, the moon stood 1 cubit (or 2 degrees) in front of of ß Virginis."

To support dating the tablet to 568 B.C.E., they postulated that the scribe erroneously wrote “9” instead of “8.” But the lunar position in line 3 finds an exact match on Nisanu 9 of 588 B.C.E., and thus having all 13 sets of lunar positions match for 588/587 B.C.E. but not for 568/567 B.C.E.

Also, if a person sincerely accepts the Bible, what Ezra wrote at Ezra 1, that "in the first year of Cyrus (established as 539 B.C.E.) the king of Persia, that Jehovah’s word from the mouth of Jeremiah might be accomplished, Jehovah roused the spirit of Cyrus the king of Persia so that he caused a cry to pass through all his realm, and also in writing, saying: ' All the kingdoms of the earth Jehovah the God of the heavens has given me, and he himself has commissioned me to build him a house in Jerusalem, which is in Judah. Whoever there is among you of all his people, may his God prove to be with him. So let him go up to Jerusalem, which is in Judah, and rebuild the house of Jehovah the God of Israel—he is the [true] God—which was in Jerusalem."(Ezra 1:1-3)

What was "the word from the mouth of Jeremiah" which Jehovah caused to "be accomplished" ? Jeremiah 25:12 says that "it must occur that when seventy years have been fulfilled I shall call to account against the king of Babylon and against that nation,’ is the utterance of Jehovah, ‘their error, even against the land of the Chal·de´ans and I will make it desolate wastes to time indefinite."

Thus, with the Jewish exiles (approximately some 50,000) now being able to return to their homeland, these were able to be in the land of Israel around October 537 B.C.E. Hence, a sincere Bible student, will recognize that 70 years previous to this was, not 587 B.C.E. (which would put the Jewish exiles in captivity for only 50 years), but 607 B.C.E.

So, like a good Jehovah's witness, you completely ignore the Egyptian king passage I posted to plagiarize more watchtower publications.

Typical JW response; ignoring an indisputable fact (Egyptian History) and reverting to regurgitating JW rhetoric to perpetuate the lie. What I find humorous (if it wasn't so sad) is that is seems you do not know your own cult's history. It was your founder, Charles Taze Russell, who used the study of the great pyramids and numerology to come up with the dates (that kept changing as each one proved false). He is buried in Pittsburgh and his grave marker is a pyramid with a CROSS on it. Tiz True.

This Thread is about Biblical prophecies that have been fulfilled.

You and I have basically highjacked this thread discussing the false prophecies of the jehovah's witness cult.

If you want to continue this off topic conversation, go to the thread that I created for that purpose. I will no longer respond to you in this thread

The Bible does not give the specific year of the fall of Jerusalem to the Babylonians and that is why the Watchtower minipulates the dates (as you have in your previous post) to make 607 the year so they can data mine passages to appear to point to 1914. You asked me to give you evidence from the Bible.. So here you go.

Jeremiah 44 references the destruction of Jerusalem to the Jews that fled to Egypt. The Pharaoh who was ruling at that time was Hophra. Pharaoh Hophra started his rule in 589 BC, so how could it have been yearlier in 607 bc???? It can't. The Watchtower/Governing Body/ FDS is WRONG! 1914 was a hoax. Jesus (Michael the arch angel) did NOT invisibly return in 1914 or 1918 or 1919 and Jesus (the REAL Jesus) did not appoint them at all. You have been lied to and minipulated into believing a lie.

Apries (Ancient Greek: Ἁπρίης) is the name by which Herodotus (ii. 161) and Diodorus (i. 68) designate Wahibre Haaibre, Ουαφρης (Pharaoh-Hophra), a pharaoh of Egypt (589 BC – 570 BC), the fourth king (counting from Psamtik I) of the Twenty-sixth dynasty of Egypt.

So is the Watchtower going to re-write Egyptian History so their 1914 doctrine can continue to be "accurate knowledge"?

You just quoted from Wikipedia. This is not "source" information, just a statement, which anyone can make without referencing anything.

I believe this microchipping of the population will be in the next 4 yrs..we need to use every forum we have to print out the prophesies about it so that our friends and family will know to refuse it.

wow..i wouldnt know about how to count this..but what i do know is to do my best to keep my lamp full of oil....to the one posting dont know if your correct or not but i thank you anyways..amen

I believe this microchipping of the population will be in the next 4 yrs..we need to use every forum we have to print out the prophesies about it so that our friends and family will know to refuse it.

Hi and nice to meet you...i jut wanted to say yep microchipping is deffently on its way...not cool...my husbend would take it cause he is not a christian..my daughter would be in the middle of her dad and me (mother) who is a christian about it....lol...
I once prayed to God that he would not let me be microchipped in any way..Now i know i wont be microchipped in any way...
\
I have been threw so many triles its unreal..of things alot dont believe in..but its all so very true..And God has been there all the way getting me threw..so i know God has me so i know ,,,that if i was here during this time i would be safe....so i dont worry about me..but i do worry about my family.. I just leave it in Gods hands ,,, that is all i can do...god bless

What get me is some friends and family that dont or dont want to believe in Christ, no matter what you say they will not understand what is being said to them...but yes we have to get the word out as much as possible..to even people we dont know....but it does hurt when you know without a doubt that a loved one will take the number of the beast(microchipping)....and only think its the goverment..when there is so much more to it...god bless..I pray for your friends and family...to come into our Lord and as well for my friends and family and all that do know..
to understand..amen

I would be careful brethren about seeing today's land of Israel as the fulfilled Israel of the Old Testament prophets, because the majority of the Jews in Israel today still reject our Lord Jesus as Messiah, and they have every intention on setting up the Old Testament priesthood and sacrificial animal worship and temple again. That is not a sign that the prophets spoke of regarding a re-established Israel in final.

The orthodox unbelieving Jews actually think God is now re-establishing Israel back to its glory it once had in David's days. That's not actually going to happen until our Lord Jesus returns and gathers His Church there, with the unbelievers cast out. And that gathering will include the believing remnants of the ten lost tribes of Israel which as of today have never returned there to the holy lands. As a matter of fact, probably the majority of Judah is still scattered among the Gentile nations today and have not returned to the holy lands either.

I would be careful brethren about seeing today's land of Israel as the fulfilled Israel of the Old Testament prophets, because the majority of the Jews in Israel today still reject our Lord Jesus as Messiah, and they have every intention on setting up the Old Testament priesthood and sacrificial animal worship and temple again. That is not a sign that the prophets spoke of regarding a re-established Israel in final.

The orthodox unbelieving Jews actually think God is now re-establishing Israel back to its glory it once had in David's days. That's not actually going to happen until our Lord Jesus returns and gathers His Church there, with the unbelievers cast out. And that gathering will include the believing remnants of the ten lost tribes of Israel which as of today have never returned there to the holy lands. As a matter of fact, probably the majority of Judah is still scattered among the Gentile nations today and have not returned to the holy lands either.

This is very true in my opinion also, they return penitent under their future king the Messiah Jesus Christ.

If this is so, then who are these that now occupy the land and claim it as their own at this minute? They certainly are not under submission to Jesus Christ.
Look forward to further discussions with you NoHype.

By the way, the final 7 years of that 'Generation' the Lord spoke of before the fulfilment of all things prophetic, 'climaxing in his return', is about to take place. We are on the verge of Daniel's last seven.
All those that previously prophesied the Christ's return in 1988 claiming it to be 40years after the declaration of Israel, were obviously wrong innocently or otherwise. Then there were extras, like the adding of a jubilee generation or you had to add an extra 7 years. All of these proved to be untrue, so the great incite of that prophesy was lost due to the assault of the false prophets, and their unfulfilled claims.
I want you to know, that this prophecy of our Lord is alive and well, and we are now about to enter it's last 7 in this year of 2014. The generation passing away refers to the full lifetime of a man calculated as 3 score and ten or 'seventy years'.
Israel's acceptance of nationhood was in 1949 not 1948 (that was only the declaration of the Zionists) and the fullness of that 1st of May event starts our final generation prophesy at 1950.
Adding the 70 years gives us 2020, we then need to add the fullness of the 2020 year as we did with the first, which gives us 2021.
The year for the tribulation can then be calculated by deducting 7 years, this gives us a tribulation start date of 2014. Remember what Jesus said in Mathew 24 after saying these things, "see now I've told you", in other words by what I've said you can work it out, apart from the day and hour.
So I expect to see the fall of Syria and the peace treaty of 7 years which accords with the book of Daniel set up this year. This also then opens the door for the temple reconstruction.
There is also the effects of the black and pale horseman of Revelation to come soon, maybe we can discuss that later, but I believe the white and red horseman have already gone out into the world to destroy sovereign governments and basic freedom, that has been branded "the war on terror".

God Bless.

Last edited:
This is very true in my opinion also, they return penitent under their future king the Messiah Jesus Christ.

If this is so, then who are these that now occupy the land and claim it as their own at this minute? They certainly are not under submission to Jesus Christ.
Look forward to further discussions with you NoHype.

By the way, the final 7 years of that 'Generation' the Lord spoke of before the fulfilment of all things prophetic, 'climaxing in his return', is about to take place. We are on the verge of Daniel's last seven.
All those that previously prophesied the Christ's return in 1988 claiming it to be 40years after the declaration of Israel, were obviously wrong innocently or otherwise. Then there were extras, like the adding of a jubilee generation or you had to add an extra 7 years. All of these proved to be untrue, so the great incite of that prophesy was lost due to the assault of the false prophets, and their unfulfilled claims.
I want you to know, that this prophecy of our Lord is alive and well, and we are now about to enter it's last 7 in this year of 2014. The generation passing away refers to the full lifetime of a man calculated as 3 score and ten or 'seventy years'.
Israel's acceptance of nationhood was in 1949 not 1948 (that was only the declaration of the Zionists) and the fullness of that 1st of May event starts our final generation prophesy at 1950.
Adding the 70 years gives us 2020, we then need to add the fullness of the 2020 year as we did with the first, which gives us 2021.
The year for the tribulation can then be calculated by deducting 7 years, this gives us a tribulation start date of 2014. Remember what Jesus said in Mathew 24 after saying these things, "see now I've told you", in other words by what I've said you can work it out, apart from the day and hour.
So I expect to see the fall of Syria and the peace treaty of 7 years which accords with the book of Daniel set up this year. This also then opens the door for the temple reconstruction.
There is also the effects of the black and pale horseman of Revelation to come soon, maybe we can discuss that later, but I believe the white and red horseman have already gone out into the world to destroy sovereign governments and basic freedom, that has been branded "the war on terror".

God Bless.

Hi Rodd,

Yes, I would agree with much of that. Per the Jer.24 prophecy we know those in Jerusalem today represent a remnant of the house of Judah as the returning good basket of figs, and also with them the evil basket of figs. Not much has really changed among those spiritually since Christ's first coming there. Like Jesus said, He came in His Father's Name and they didn't receive Him, if another comes in his own name him they will receive (John 5:43).

As for that generation of the fig parable, I only look at it as a pointer to the last generation that will see Christ's second coming. I try not to get wrapped up in date suppositions about it. Our Lord Jesus I think gave us enough other signs to be watching along with it so we would not be deceived.

Hi Rodd,

Yes, I would agree with much of that. Per the Jer.24 prophecy we know those in Jerusalem today represent a remnant of the house of Judah as the returning good basket of figs, and also with them the evil basket of figs. Not much has really changed among those spiritually since Christ's first coming there. Like Jesus said, He came in His Father's Name and they didn't receive Him, if another comes in his own name him they will receive (John 5:43).

As for that generation of the fig parable, I only look at it as a pointer to the last generation that will see Christ's second coming. I try not to get wrapped up in date suppositions about it. Our Lord Jesus I think gave us enough other signs to be watching along with it so we would not be deceived.

Jesus said, that generation will not pass till all things are fulfilled Math 24. That's peace treaty, rebuilding of the temple, the emergence and times of Antichrist, the rapture and time of Gods wrath, according to the book of Rev. That's why it's Messianic timeframe is 7 years inside this last period of 70, and if start up is as I said at 1950, it's not hard to do the math, it's coming in our immediate time, this year.
This is why we see the emergence of so many events and effects of the prophecies being fulfilled now.
Just for interests sake, the white horse and the red horse have already been released with universal effect, it's been the fake war on terror. Just a means of pulling the nations into line for Global Gov, UN.
Rodd.

Yes, I understand what you're saying. But there's also a 120 year generation in God's Word, and a 90 year generation. I know the average lifespan today in the west is around 70 years too. But we have the signs Jesus gave us, so we don't need to set dates, that's all I'm saying. Per the fig parable that was given so we'd recognize the era to start looking for the signs.

Yes, I understand what you're saying. But there's also a 120 year generation in God's Word, and a 90 year generation. I know the average lifespan today in the west is around 70 years too. But we have the signs Jesus gave us, so we don't need to set dates, that's all I'm saying. Per the fig parable that was given so we'd recognize the era to start looking for the signs.

No, it's 70 alright and logically so, that's why we're talking the obvious evidences now, peace treaty etc. Check out what the Bible says about the number 70 in prophetic terms, as well as it's relationship to human lifespans, then you'll see this is the correct interpretation.
Try Psalm 90:10 and Isaiah 23:15 for lifetimes. The desolation of Jerusalem and the 70years of exile that ended the exile generation in captivity, God said they'd die in captivity so that generation ended that way. There are many instances of 70 years in prophecy as you well know. Daniel 9:2, etc, the prophetic timeline the 70, 7's of Daniel is another.
There is no doubt if looked at biblically, and what we're obviously claiming and are writing about, that Jesus's Mathew 24 generation prophecy is on the brink of fulfilment, and must be referring to the usual biblical number of seventy years.

What I'm saying is the fig tree parable gives us an obvious timeframe, as does revelation about the time of antichrist and the time of wrath, hence the break up of its time, times and half a time, or the numbers of days during that period.
Based on Christ's prophecy, we should be about to enter that period now in 2014, the last 7, there is nothing heretical in what I've written.
I haven't made a quote on the day and hour that Jesus's returns have I?? No! So my interpretation is valid and based on scripture.

Find out what scripture says about those who believe and respect Gods' word in relation to his ability to bring to pass that which he says he'll do at his appointed time, they are honoured, not viewed suspiciously. See 1Peter 1:10-12.

As for your 120 years, yes, that might have been the case for Moses, but it was hardly meant to apply to all mankind.
As for 90 years, well! you've got me there!
Therefore it obviously must be 70 years as the bible states,... but what's important is whether the claim of Jesus Christ is literal or not, and if not, why not, because it was literal in all the other aspects of that prophetical teaching in Mathew 24, therefore I understand it must also be literal as well.

All the things we see coming to pass right now are because of that pivotal prophecy of Jesus who is God, it cannot fail.

Last edited: