• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

will i ever meet a Godly husband?

I am a 50 year old never married woman. I have never had a boyfriend-just some odds and ends dates. Two months ago I started dating someone I met at church. He was handsome and had a good sense of humor. I initially made the first contact and we dated about two months but towards the end he became verbally abusive to me. He had been divorced twice but told me it was the womens fault. I just broke up with him. It just goes to show just because you meet someone at church doesn't mean they are Godly (or even a christian for that matter). I get so depressed over being single. I am an attractive platinum blonde-have some weight to lose but carry it well-am tall. I have 30 years with a great company-great benefits, I am sweet, honest, caring-for that matter I am even still a virgin! I would offer alot to the right man. I don't have any luck with internet dating-was in a paid "christian" site for four years and all I ran into were scammers-Nigerian oil scams. I joined a free (up to a point) secular dating site but have had no luck. I am going to start going to a church with a bigger singles dept to increase my odds of meeting someone. I want to get married to have a companion, because it is cheaper for two to live than one (I am in bankruptcy now and still having hard time-old car that needs constant repairs, etc) plus I would like to have a sex life one day! I called a prayer line last night and the lady said if being married is one of the desires of your heart God would allow you to get married-is that true or does God sometimes not want certain people married? I hate being single-I was so happy having a companion those two months before I found out what type person this guy was and had to end it. I am off work for four days-I have been crying alot-feel like I will never get married.

Loyal
You will always feel at least a little bad after a failed relationship, even if you are not at fault in the breakup. So its understandable that you are sad and probably depressed now. God promises us His love, not others loves. He refuses to break the free will of others to be a match maker. So the statement that the lady made on the prayer line isnt in line with scripture, but she probably meant well. Wanting to get married for financial gain seems a bad reason as well. I think you need to pray to God about this and wait on His answer.... years possibly... humble yourself before the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.... IF you have humbled yourself to the Lord. Most people dont really understand what being humble is... its putting God's will before our own.

I do understand u. I'm in the same position that u, but a little younger. All my friends and family are married. I'm the only single one and its very hard.

spendings weekends alone, while others are with families, not having a person to go on holiday with... and so on... u know what...

but why God doesn't answer our prayers? I don't know... and it's sad

I wish u all the best

Steflou. Since you've kept pure all these years it can't be other than genuine love for God and obedience to His word. If God didn't want you to get married than he would have taken that desire away from you a long long time ago because He doesn't want for us to be tortured. Don't give up, I am also single and praying about it. I understand how hard it can be sometimes. But God's presence is the only comforter that we can have. We have to let Him be our husband for as long as it is needed.
I am also sure that God is faithful to His promises and that if we really walk with Him and follow Him, he cannot be unjust. He has to fulfill His promise. Sometime we create obstacles either by not having an upright and surrendered heart before HIm or by not allowing Him to direct us the right way.
I know that if God's plan was for you to wait all those years, then when it happens it will all fall together and you will see the purpose behind it. Differently in prayer, I suggest that you ask the Lord if there's some kind of obstacle, maybe even in your own heart.
When talking with our pastor he stressed the importance of holiness to me regarding marriage. We have to be sure we understand the purpose of marriage and what it means to get married. We are not to get married to satisfy our own self but to be living sacrifice to our husband, the way we sacrifice our hearts to God (keeping Him first always). We've got to have an inner revelation about the meaning of marriage in our spirit by God differently I don't think a person, no matter the age, can be truly ready for it. We've got to understand its' meaning. Because otherwise we can't make good use of it and manage this gift of God well.
I'm amazed at how simple it works for some people, but not everyone's story is the same.
God is good and wants to give us good gifts as a father. Don't give up hope. That's all I can say. And pray about it as much as you can. Pray for direction. And have people agree with you in prayer.

Last edited: