• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Want to come back to Christ and not keep wandering off.

Hi there,
I want to come back to Christ, but I don't want to keep wandering off. I have mental health problems, and every now and again, I get depressed and wander off from Jesus. Could you pray for me. I want to be a Christian and follow Christ, and not to keep falling away.

Steve C. (I've also been chatting in other forums about such things).

Hi there,
I want to come back to Christ, but I don't want to keep wandering off. I have mental health problems, and every now and again, I get depressed and wander off from Jesus. Could you pray for me. I want to be a Christian and follow Christ, and not to keep falling away.

What's causing you to wander off?

What's causing you to wander off?
These things:

1) Mental health issues.
2) Sins that won't go away.
3) The amount of different beliefs with in the church I belong to.
4) Not fitting in with people at church, because all the above.

These things:

1) Mental health issues.
I myself suffered many year's with Schizophrenia. I was in a bad state, and all the doctors I went to only made it worse. I was dependent on medication to the point I was drugged out like a zombie. But through much perseverance I worked out how to cure myself of that mental disorder.

I now live successfully with no medication, and no serious symptoms of that past condition. It's been a long 10 month's of recovery, but at least I am sure now that Schizophrenia can be beaten.

Active
These things:

1) Mental health issues.
Find another church that can help you with that?

I myself suffered many year's with Schizophrenia. I was in a bad state, and all the doctors I went to only made it worse. I was dependent on medication to the point I was drugged out like a zombie. But through much perseverance I worked out how to cure myself of that mental disorder.

I now live successfully with no medication, and no serious symptoms of that past condition. It's been a long 10 month's of recovery, but at least I am sure now that Schizophrenia can be beaten.
How many years did you have symptoms for?

Hi there,

Im the same way I keep falling away everytime something bad. I do have a mental illness and thinks it plays a part in me falling away.