• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Walking With God

Loyal
Brother that's a given and I work to get closer day in and day out.
I agree....I'm just a bit smoked by the lack of respect....this is the subject of this thread but others want to argue about something else. They could open a new thread but...and this happens all the time with many many threads.

Loyal
I agree....I'm just a bit smoked by the lack of respect....this is the subject of this thread but others want to argue about something else. They could open a new thread but...and this happens all the time with many many threads.
My Apologies for not checking before I replied about covenant talk. I didn't even know what thread it was.

That's not good!
Blessings

Active
Whatever....Back to the OP
Can you imagine? Walking with God, spending time with Him in the quiet evening, the sparkling morning? Can you imagine? The conversations you might have as you go along, asking Him questions, He asking you questions...It can be done...Enoch walked with God, Noah walked with God
John 14:23
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Now you may say that this verse refers to Christians, but does it really? Do Christians really love Him, do Christians really keep His words? Just askin.

You may even say that Enoch and Noe were special people....That would be false. Both of them were ordinary men. They put their pants on one leg at a time, just like us. They both needed to bathe or they stank, just like us...
If they could walk with God, then so can we.

What do you think? Do you want to walk with God?
God has had friends of men all along. What do you think has changed in God to define the eligibility of friendship with Him?

Loyal
I assume a covenant usually involves an agreement from two parties (there was a case with God and Abraham where God took care of both parts).
But I don't see anywhere in the Bible that Adam made an agreement with God "yes I will not eat of the fruit".. Still it seems Adam knew better simply
just because God "said so". So covenant or not, Adam knew what was "expected".

I have also wondered why Cain and Able offered offerings (sacrifices?) up to God? Did God tell them to do this? Was it necessary?

Gen 4:3; So it came about in the course of time that Cain brought an offering to the LORD of the fruit of the ground.
Gen 4:4; Abel, on his part also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of their fat portions. And the LORD had regard for Abel and for his offering;
Gen 4:5; but for Cain and for his offering He had no regard. So Cain became very angry and his countenance fell.

Even though Cain attempted to give an offering to God, it seems God (rejected?/ignored) his offering.

Loyal
God has had friends of men all along. What do you think has changed in God to define the eligibility of friendship with Him?

Jas 2:23; and the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "AND ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS RECKONED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS," and he was called the friend of God.

I agree, I have checked a few different translations here.... the word "and" is interesting to me here.
Abraham believed God, it was credited as righteousness to him for that... "and" he was called a friend of God. Are the two things related or separate?

Loyal
I assume a covenant usually involves an agreement from two parties (there was a case with God and Abraham where God took care of both parts).
But I don't see anywhere in the Bible that Adam made an agreement with God "yes I will not eat of the fruit".. Still it seems Adam knew better simply
just because God "said so". So covenant or not, Adam knew what was "expected".

I have also wondered why Cain and Able offered offerings (sacrifices?) up to God? Did God tell them to do this? Was it necessary?

Gen 4:3; So it came about in the course of time that Cain brought an offering to the LORD of the fruit of the ground.
Gen 4:4; Abel, on his part also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of their fat portions. And the LORD had regard for Abel and for his offering;
Gen 4:5; but for Cain and for his offering He had no regard. So Cain became very angry and his countenance fell.

Even though Cain attempted to give an offering to God, it seems God (rejected?/ignored) his offering.

That's just how life was back then. It was expected.