• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Travel ... yippeee

Hi

I'm excitedly in the process of booking a holiday to New York for the end of May... sooo excited. I haven't been to any countries outside of Europe so it'll be an amazing experience.

Any advice on things I shouldn't miss?

Places to visit?

Experiences to encounter?

Chads a New Yorker . He should be able to tell you about some good places . Enjoy your trip . Let us know the details when you get back . :love: Mike

Thanks.

All booked up now ...

New York.... :love: Here we come ...:shade:

I have been told a must is to walk over the Brooklyn Bridge.

Administrator
Staff Member
Here I am. So a visit to New York? I'll trade places with you. As long as their is high speed broadband connection and serenity environment (like GOD's beautiful nature, unlike here in NY where I live - clutterred with pollution), its a go ahead.

Ok, go visit NYC. That's typical of any travelers coming to NY. Broadway, Times Square, Greenwich Village, Central Park (daytime nice, especially when its sunny like it will be in May).

Long Island (I live here): Hamptons, Port Jefferson Nice areas (high end)

Cheers Chad,

I'm going for the busy. I live in on the edge of the countyside so I thought NY would be a great contrast. Welcome to trade though:shade:

I shall note all that down. The list sounds exciting. I cannot wait. I think I'll buy a map sounds like I'll need one (Lol).

:thumbs_up Many thanks

It was great.. could go on for ages but will be brief...

Did the Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, Southport, Greenwich Village, Italian and Chinese quarters, Braodway, Coney Island, Times Square, Bagels, Shopping, Wall Street, Central station, Central park boating, The Empire State (even met King Kong and Elmo - LOL) and best of all the yellow taxis!!!! Ate lots of bigggggg portions... wow all full up ! Ooooh and went to a METS game - didn't understand it much mind you but we clapped regardless.

Crazy place but lots of fun.... glad to get back to a cuppa tea and a scone though.

Last edited:
Off to Oslo tomorrow

Well here comes Norway...

I shall be off for a few days. It's be my first scandanavian country to visit.

Exciting new adventures x

Speaking of which..... where did I put that passport??

Last edited:
How fantastic. Have a wonderful trip Sleepy. Enjoy the snow. God Bless you and keep you safe on your travels.

:shade: Calluna

Thank you calluna

Found the passport ... flying tomorrow afternoon, hmmm winter woolies needed huh? brrrr

Well it's raining here in blighty .... very heavily brrrr x

Sleepy, with all this travelling you seem very awake! It must be so good to be close to the Eu continent. Here in Aus if you wanna go on holiday outside of our country we need to plan months in advance for what seems like an expedition. Well i guess most of the famous places are on the otherside of the world.....

Have fun anyways, i hope to do some travelling in the summer break too!

God Bless,

Appius

Sleepy!!! you must tell me all the details about Norway!! Im only 16, but one day i would LOVE to travel as much as it seems you are doing. Prefferably to a Scandinavian country like Norway. Iceland is #1 on my list tho, such a beautiful place from what ive seen and heard. cost of living there is expensive thoough, but it wont stop me!

i hope i get to travel there one day, but nevermind that, Please tell me how Norway goes, Im very much interested!

peace and love, God Bless

I went there on a mission trip with my youth group a few years ago and the thing I remember the most is the McDonald's on Braodway. It is really BIG!!! I enjoyed it a lot... kinda funny... I went to one of the coolest places in America and the biggest thing I remember is a fast food restaurant!