• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

The Lie of Evolution and the Stupidity of Those Who Believe It

Loyal
In my experience, beginning by saying that those who hold an opposing view are stupid leads only to hostility and an entrenchment of ideas.

In my experience, beginning by saying that those who hold an opposing view are stupid leads only to hostility and an entrenchment of ideas.

The scriptures say "only a fool says there is no God", so do you hold the author of that verse in contempt also for saying this truth? Unless of course, you yourself are also an evolutionist.

Loyal
The scripture says, "The fool says there is no God"

In the Bible "fool" means someone of a debased mind, not necessarily of low intelligence. In Psalm 14 the idea is that the corrupt person refuses to believe in or fear God. The polar opposite of this is "the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom" in Ecclesiastes.

Anyway, starting a conversation by effectively saying "you are an idiot and I'm going to show you why" is unlikely to lead to anything good.

The scripture says, "The fool says there is no God"

In the Bible "fool" means someone of a debased mind, not necessarily of low intelligence. In Psalm 14 the idea is that the corrupt person refuses to believe in or fear God. The polar opposite of this is "the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom" in Ecclesiastes.

Anyway, starting a conversation by effectively saying "you are an idiot and I'm going to show you why" is unlikely to lead to anything good.

Fool means idiot. Only an idiot says there is no God, just as only an idiot looks at a car and says, "it made itself!".

No harm will come from talking respectfully.

And no harm will come from calling someone who says a car made itself an idiot, but rather, perhaps he will realize his own stupidity, and understand that the car was manufactured by human hands.

Staff Member
@povawiqe
A book you might want to look up Brother and is an excellent read is:

The Long War Against God - The history and impact of the Creation/Evolution conflict
Author: Dr. Henry Morris

And no harm will come from calling someone who says a car made itself an idiot, but rather, perhaps he will realize his own stupidity, and understand that the car was manufactured by human hands.
They fall in the same category of those who say they are non binary . A lot of spacey stuff out there these days.

Active
God made nobody stupid. The ungodly are just willfully ignorant. That can frustrate us, we must not let it.

All praises to FATHER AHAYAH YASHAYAH WA RAACH!

Povawiqe, I agree with your opening statement!
It is very true!
But what word would best fit instead of Stupidity?

I've recently had a conversation with someone who boldly claims to be an atheist.
So I asked him to explain so I could understand his point of view.

He told me he was raised Catholic, I admit I smirked but continued listening. He went on to explain that he does understand things in the Bible but not all.
He then said in college is where his views changed into the world Science for all his answers in life. He actually believes that all people are apes that has evolved in evolution 5 billion years ago.

Here is someone that knows about Adam and Eve and the Bible and that GOD AHAYAH created and made everything but chose a detour.
This person clearly is not ignorant!
To end the conversation I told him that he and all of his non believers
Will see The MOST HIGH face to face and I watched his countenance drop as fear, why, because I know he knows the truth!

So does the word stupidity fit here?
What do you think?

Povawiqe, I agree with your opening statement!
It is very true!
But what word would best fit instead of Stupidity?

The authors of the scriptures used words to describe people who didn't have a clue, and didn't want to have a clue also, which before was translated into English as "fools", but today I choose to use new words in English according to the change of the English language over time, while keeping the original definitions of what the authors intended with the original words, which I now translate as "stupid", "idiot", "moron", "imbecile", which are all words that accurately convey those who discard the plain and obvious truth of the word of God. So that is why I chose this title, because truly, the evolutionists are among the most stupid people that have walked this earth, because they deny the existence of God. And that is why it is written, "only an idiot says there is no God", according to the updated Christian Gaviria Alvarez translation ;-)

Well put!
And As I stated earlier,
I agree with your opening statement!

I think it's funny how we all have used that word in this society since we were kids to our friends, brothers in fights (lol), enemies etc.

Therefore everyone understands and knows the weight of that word!

Staff Member

I've recently had a conversation with someone who boldly claims to be an atheist.
So I asked him to explain so I could understand his point of view.

He told me he was raised Catholic, I admit I smirked but continued listening. He went on to explain that he does understand things in the Bible but not all.
He then said in college is where his views changed into the world Science for all his answers in life. He actually believes that all people are apes that has evolved in evolution 5 billion years ago.

Here is someone that knows about Adam and Eve and the Bible and that GOD AHAYAH created and made everything but chose a detour.
This person clearly is not ignorant!
To end the conversation I told him that he and all of his non believers
Will see The MOST HIGH face to face and I watched his countenance drop as fear, why, because I know he knows the truth!

So does the word stupidity fit here?
What do you think?

Nope. Still Deceived. Whose deception is real and out in the World even as we speak?? The Adversary.

So, what happened when they went to college? They were introduced to a different set of ideas. Knowing that they were ill prepared for defending the faith, because most Catholics don't raise their youngins to know Scripture except in a cursory manner. Think of the parable of the Sower. One has to be well grounded in good soil. Sadly, too often people will send their children to these schools of "Higher Learning" :) (Can't help but smile/grimace here.) Without proper preparation in what is really important which is the Word of God. Might as well have let them out without any clothes in a snow storm for all the good it does them. Still, all is not lost! As long as they still have a breath in them, we can hope, pray, and witness to them as you did.