• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Tempel of GoD

Our flesh bodies are Not the Temple of GoD!

Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit

Heb 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Rom 1:9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son

1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing:

Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

1Co 14:32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

We are All a Spirit being, dwelling in a flesh body for a short time!
The only difference between the Born of god [Elect] and the unsaved , is our Spirit! our bodies die, once our Spirit leaves them!

Jas 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead,
Rom 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

our spirit is a real being with its own mind! how else could those in hell speak to each other ?

Temple

Our flesh bodies are Not the Temple of GoD!

Joh 2:20
Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
Joh 2:21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

1Co 6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
1Co 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
1Co 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

We are spirits...... so could the body be the temple for the Holy Spirit and not God?

Jesus Is Lord.

Our Flesh bodies are Not perfect !They are sin filled !They die only because of Sin! He cannot dwell in Sin!
Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit

Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

I was fooled a long time thinking God dwell ed in our sin filled flesh!

Mar 15:34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Mat 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

1Pe 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Joh 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Pray about it ASK the Spirit of Truth!

Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

1Jn 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

2Co 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

1Co 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

1Co 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body,
spiritual body!

Eph 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
1Pe 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren

Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Gal 6:18 Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

Phm 1:25 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit

Spirit Soul body

Our Flesh bodies are Not perfect !They are sin filled !They die only because of Sin! He cannot dwell in Sin!

1Co 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Could you explain this scripture fully then, to better understand your bible study??

1Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Eph 5:26
That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Is it the flesh that sins, meaning our arms, legs, eyes are separate from our soul (Mind, will, emotions) having their own nature, and not being subject or counted as being bought and paid with a price??

Is it possible to be transformed by keeping our mind renewed, and putting the body under subjection to the Spirit of God?? (Rom 12:2)

Jas 1:21 So get rid of all uncleanness and the rampant outgrowth of wickedness, and in a humble (gentle, modest) spirit receive and welcome the Word which implanted and rooted [in your hearts] contains the power to save your souls.

If the Spirit of God will not dwell in our sinful flesh, then are we still dead in sins?? Has the grace gone away?

Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Do these scriptures no longer apply to us?? Is it now impossible to mortify our deeds with the Help of the Spirit? Are we now without hope?

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Rom 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

spirit1st, could you please answer these questions so that we may have a better understanding of your position??

Jesus Is Lord

Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing:

Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God:

The Spirit man cannot sin! He does not need advocate
1Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Our flesh body and its mind needs a advocate!It a sin full creature with a sin full nature!

Many cannot separate the difference between there carnal body and spiritual body! Once Born -again , Our spirit mind and body cannot sin! That is why it pure and clean and has Eternal life!
The body we dwell in has sin .Our flesh body has death ,because of sin!

the carnal mind which is our flesh mind has many false trues , lies ,Much imperfection in it! Our bodies with ,it flesh mind only dies because it has sin! That is why every flesh body on the earth dies!

Lots think there flesh body has eternal life! but we see clearly it dies and rots away!returning to the earth it came from !
If the body was perfect, if GOD dwell in it? It would never die!

1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Could you explain this scripture fully then, to better understand your bible study??

1Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Is it the flesh that sins, meaning our arms, legs, eyes are separate from our soul (Mind, will, emotions) having their own nature, and not being subject or counted as being bought and paid with a price??

2Co 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Is it possible to be transformed by keeping our mind renewed, and putting the body under subjection to the Spirit of God?? (Rom 12:2)

Rom 1:9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son

Jas 1:21 So get rid of all uncleanness and the rampant outgrowth of wickedness, and in a humble (gentle, modest) spirit receive and welcome the Word which implanted and rooted [in your hearts] contains the power to save your souls.

If the Spirit of God will not dwell in our sinful flesh, then are we still dead in sins?? Has the grace gone away?
our body is DEAD in sin.It cannot be saved!
Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness

Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Do these scriptures no longer apply to us?? Is it now impossible to mortify our deeds with the Help of the Spirit? Are we now without hope?
our flesh is without eternal life.2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Rom 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. JESUS took a beating so our bodies could be healed!
1Pe 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. He died on the cross ,so we could be made NEW CREATURES! That is New spirit! We will get new Bodies also in New Jerusalem!

Rom 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

spirit1st, could you please answer these questions so that we may have a better understanding of your position??

Jesus Is Lord
Not one person on earth , live a perfect sinless life in there flesh mind or body! We just try our best not to sin!We are born into sin. and our bodies return to the dust.Soon as we leave them .

They are part of the earth! And we know the earth gets destroyed 100%

So where exactly does the Spirit of God hang out??

Thank you for your answers..

Jesus Is Lord.

Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
1Co 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
1Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Heb 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing

Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Phm 1:25 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

Gal 6:18 Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen

We Who are Born of God are perfect spirit beings, dwelling a short time in sin filled bodies! which we leave one day and go home New Jerusalem!

Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Our Spirit and truth!

The spiritual things are the highest things! The carnal things all pass away 100%

2Co 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

the carnal thinking does not reveal the spiritual trues! It take an act of the Spirit of God to reveal such things!
The carnal thinking only reveals carnal things! The Spiritual thinking reveals the things of the spirit!

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

All Gods children are in a growing process! i doubt it ever ends while we are stuck in these dying bodies! We do not have to have all knowledge and understanding! The bond is JESUS CHRIST and HIS CROSS!

Still we can ask the Spirit of Truth anything ! and if we are ready to accept the deeper trues ? Then we will understand them!
It takes time for all of us to get the correct understanding !

1Co 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

As we are able to accept and live as truth ? Then He reveals more to us! i was born of God in 1972 Still i am still learning!

Joh 2:20
Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
Joh 2:21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

1Co 6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
1Co 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

We are spirits...... so could the body be the temple for the Holy Spirit and not God?

Yes we can bring death quicker to our flesh bodies by sinning! I never said the wages of sin was not death! Many die young because of Sin ! That just shows our flesh is sin full and suffers for sin!
That god is not dwelling in our sin filled bodies!
Jesus had a perfect body ! He was not like Us , We being born into sin filled bodies!

Mar 15:34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Because HE took our sins upon HIS Body!
God cannot live in sin! Jesus really did die because of Sin . Our SINS! He has a New Body now!
Joh 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Active

RJ

Mat 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

1Pe 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Pray about it ASK the Spirit of Truth!

Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

2Co 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

1Co 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

1Co 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body,
spiritual body!

Eph 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
1Pe 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren

Gal 6:18 Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

Phm 1:25 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit

Another great scripture list to support your stance, I agree completely.
Here is two more of my favorites :

John 3
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%; FONT-FAMILY: sans-serif; MARGIN-LEFT: auto; FONT-SIZE: 100%; MARGIN-RIGHT: auto" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=t_verse vAlign=top>5</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 100%" class=t_text vAlign=top>Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=t_verse vAlign=top>6</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 100%" class=t_text vAlign=top>That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Colossians 1:27

<SUP id=en-NIV-29493 class=versenum>27</SUP> To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited:
So where exactly does the Spirit of God hang out??

When you study the Old Testament Temple, it gives you an understanding of our tri-part being is. For example Paul says in 1 Thes. 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

So we are a tri-part being, just as God is triune in nature.

In 1 John 3:9, it declares that man cannot sin -- yet in the 1st chapter of 1st John it says, if we say we have no sin we make Him a liar!

The key is understanding the tripart being of a man connected to the OT temple as a picture of us being a Temple of the Holy Spirit.

In the OT, the outer court was where anyone could enter -- gentiles, jews, women, children etc

The Inner Court was where the worshippers went to worship and it was restricted to only worshippers.

The Holy of Holies was entered only once a year by the High Priest on Yom Kippur -- the day of atonement and was inside the veil. This is where the shekinah glory of God resided.

Our flesh is like the Outer Court -- and demonic forces can attack us through our flesh.

Our Soul and Mind is the Inner Court -- this is where we make a decision whom we will worship today.

And finally, the Holy of Holies is the Spirit of a man -- the seed within a man which cannot sin, which is reborn again when someone comes to salvation.

So the question was -- where does the Spirit of God reside? In the Holy of Holies within us!

I hope this answers your question,

God bless,

George

Active
When you study the Old Testament Temple, it gives you an understanding of our tri-part being is. For example Paul says in 1 Thes. 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

So we are a tri-part being, just as God is triune in nature.

In 1 John 3:9, it declares that man cannot sin -- yet in the 1st chapter of 1st John it says, if we say we have no sin we make Him a liar!

The key is understanding the tripart being of a man connected to the OT temple as a picture of us being a Temple of the Holy Spirit.
I think that is a good key to understanding.It does not supply an outright answer but a clearer picture that hurts my natural brain.
Everyone has provided very thoughtful input to this thread and though I have no answers(plenty of questions though),I found it edifying to contemplate each post.

Where The Holy Spirit Lives

Holy%20Spirit.jpg
I Corinthians 3:16 says, “Do you not know your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit.” Andrew Murray, in his book The Spirit of Christ, elaborated on this in a way that was very helpful to me. He said in the Jewish temple there were three courts: the outer court, the inner court, and the Holy of holies.
Murray described how our bodies are like the outer court. The inner court is like our mind, our will and our emotions. But inside of us is the Holy of holies where the Spirit of God dwells. The Holy Spirit dwells inside our spirit. So inside you and inside me is the Holy of holies. The Holy of holies is in you. Verse 17 of that chapter says, “The temple of God is holy, and that temple is what you are.” That will help your self-image to know the Holy of holies is in you and in me.
temple4.gif

How then do we keep our temples cleansed? Once we’ve accepted Christ the blood of Christ cleanses us. How then do we keep our temples cleansed? By faith. By taking God at His word.
1 John 1:9 is a verse I like to call “the Christian’s bar of soap.” It says, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
The last time you washed your hands when they were really dirty, did you stand over the sink and say, “Where did the dirt go, I’m so worried about it?” No you didn’t. You accepted by faith that the dirt went down the drain. You never thought about it. That is what we need to do. If we confess our sins, He is faithful; He is just to forgive our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. We need to believe He has forgiven us even if we don’t see or feel it.
cross.jpg
The Holy Spirit always points us to Christ. He always points us to forgiveness, to the cross and to the blood of Christ. He always points us to no condemnation. Why? Because Romans 8:1 says, “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.”
But what does Satan do? He wants to rob you of the peace God says is yours. Satan tries to make you look back and think about your own worst sin. You think about those things and they go across your mind like a video. What we need to do is bring those sins under the cross and say, “Lord Jesus this just proves that I need a Savior. Lord, thank you that the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses me from all sin.” Think about your sins through the cross and through the blood of Christ, and you will have God’s peace. Don’t review old sins. Believe God’s forgiveness.

Active

RJ

Where The Holy Spirit Lives

Holy%20Spirit.jpg
I Corinthians 3:16 says, “Do you not know your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit.” Andrew Murray, in his book The Spirit of Christ, elaborated on this in a way that was very helpful to me. He said in the Jewish temple there were three courts: the outer court, the inner court, and the Holy of holies.
Murray described how our bodies are like the outer court. The inner court is like our mind, our will and our emotions. But inside of us is the Holy of holies where the Spirit of God dwells. The Holy Spirit dwells inside our spirit. So inside you and inside me is the Holy of holies. The Holy of holies is in you. Verse 17 of that chapter says, “The temple of God is holy, and that temple is what you are.” That will help your self-image to know the Holy of holies is in you and in me.
temple4.gif

How then do we keep our temples cleansed? Once we’ve accepted Christ the blood of Christ cleanses us. How then do we keep our temples cleansed? By faith. By taking God at His word.
1 John 1:9 is a verse I like to call “the Christian’s bar of soap.” It says, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
The last time you washed your hands when they were really dirty, did you stand over the sink and say, “Where did the dirt go, I’m so worried about it?” No you didn’t. You accepted by faith that the dirt went down the drain. You never thought about it. That is what we need to do. If we confess our sins, He is faithful; He is just to forgive our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. We need to believe He has forgiven us even if we don’t see or feel it.
cross.jpg
The Holy Spirit always points us to Christ. He always points us to forgiveness, to the cross and to the blood of Christ. He always points us to no condemnation. Why? Because Romans 8:1 says, “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.”
But what does Satan do? He wants to rob you of the peace God says is yours. Satan tries to make you look back and think about your own worst sin. You think about those things and they go across your mind like a video. What we need to do is bring those sins under the cross and say, “Lord Jesus this just proves that I need a Savior. Lord, thank you that the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses me from all sin.” Think about your sins through the cross and through the blood of Christ, and you will have God’s peace. Don’t review old sins. Believe God’s forgiveness.

Outstanding, I like this a lot!

This is being remorseful, repenting for the things that keeps you from perfection. This is the Holy Spirit in you and convicting you. You go to the Lord and thank him for what he did on the cross and ask him to help you improve; you don't ask him for forgiveness. Why would you ask him to do what he has already done; that is why He is the first and the last Priest to sit down, because his work was complete. We are not perfect but rest in the peace that your salvation is signed, seal and delivered!

This is the kind of truth that Jesus said would set you free!

Rom 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Rom 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God

Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Act 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

Heb 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God

Act 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

Heb 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Our flesh body and flesh mind have a sin full nature!

our flesh mind needs filled with GODS living words! It has the thoughts of the Old spirit within it! They must be replaced with GODS living words! Just because we get a new spitiy!It does not mean our flesh body or its mind has been changed very much!

f the Spirit of God will not dwell in our sinful flesh, then are we still dead in sins?? Has the grace gone away?
He tells us our flesh is dead ,meaning without hope.

Yes we Now live though our spirit! He said c? walk in the Spirit and We will not fullfill the LUST of our Flesh!

Jesus is still our advocate because of our Flesh mind and body!
1Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Because He already took our sins away in the Eternal.
Col 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Eph 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

But our flesh mind and body can still sin! but We get get healed and forgiven! If we repent! Many Christians are sick , because of sins 9in there life ! But even then , We can be forgiven and healed!

Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

We all battle at times with sins in our lives!Because our flesh has a sin nature!

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit,

Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve The thoughts of our old spirits mind is still in our flesh mind!

Eph 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

Col 3:9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

Chapter 24

The Temple of the Holy Spirit.

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you ?'--I Cor.3:16.
In using the illustration of the Temple as the type of God's dwelling in us by the Holy Spirit, Scripture invites us to study the analogy. The Temple was made in all things according to a pattern seen by Moses on the Mount, a shadow cast by the Eternal Spiritual Realities which it was to symbolize. One of these realities-for Divine Truth is exceeding rich and full and has many and very diverse applications-One of these realities shadowed forth by the Temple, is man's threefold nature. Because man was created in the image of God, the Temple is not only the setting forth of the mystery of man's approach into the presence of God, but equally of God's way of entering into man, to take up His abode with him.
We are familiar with the division of the Temple into three parts. There was its exterior, seen by all men, with the outer court, in to which every Israelite might enter, and where all the external religious service was performed. There was the Holy Place, into which alone the priests might enter, to present to God the blood or the incense, the bread or the oil, they had brought from without. But though near, they were still not within the veil; into the immediate presence of God they might not come. God dwelt in the Holiest of all,in a light inaccessible, where none might venture nigh. The momentary entering of the High Priest once a year was but to bring into full consciousness the truth that there was no place for man there, until the veil should have been rent and taken away.
Man is God's temple. In him, too, there are the three parts. In the body you have the outer court, the external visible life, where all the conduct has to be regulated by God's law, and where all the service consists in looking to that which is done without us and for us to bring us nigh to God. Then there is the soul, with its inner life, its power of mind and feeling and will. In the regenerate man this is the Holy Place, where thoughts and affections and desires move to and fro as the priests of the sanctuary, rendering God their service in the full light of consciousness. And then comes within the veil, hidden from all human sight and light, the hidden inmost sanctuary, ' the secret place of the Most High,' where God dwells, and where man may not enter, until the veil is rent at God's own bidding.
Man has not only body and soul, but also spirit. Deeper down than where the soul with its consciousness can enter, there is a spirit-nature linking man with God.
So fearful is sin's power, that in some this power is given up to death: they are sensual, not having the Spirit. In others, it is nothing more than a dormant power, a possibility waiting for the quickening of the Holy Spirit. In the believer it is the inner chamber of the heart, of which the Spirit has taken. possession, and from out of which He waits to do His glorious work, making soul and body holy to the Lord.
And yet this indwelling, unless where it is recognised, and yielded to, and humbly maintained in adoration and love, often brings comparatively little blessing. And the one great lesson which the truth that we are God's temple, because His Spirit dwells in us, must teach us, is this, to, acknowledge the Holy Presence that dwells within us. This alone will enable us to regard the whole temple, even to the outmost court, as sacred to His service, and to yield every power of our nature to His leading and will. The most sacred part of the Temple, that for which all the rest existed and on which all depended, was the Holiest of all. Even though the priests might never enter there, and might never see the glory that dwelt there, all their conduct was regulated, and all their faith animated, by the thought of the unseen Presence there. It was this that gave the sprinkling of the blood and the burning of the incense their value. It was this made it a privilege to draw nigh, and gave confidence to go out and bless. It was the Most Holy, the Holiest of all, that made the place of their serving to them a Holy Place. Their whole life was controlled and inspired by the faith of the unseen indwelling glory within the veil.
It is not otherwise with the believer. Until he learns by faith to tremble in presence of the wondrous mystery that he is God's temple, because God's Spirit dwelleth in him, he never will yield himself to his high vocation with the holy reverence or the joyful confidence that becomes him. As long as he looks only into the Holy Place, into the heart, as far as man can see and know what passes there, he will often search in vain for the Holy Spirit, or only find cause for bitter shame that his workings are so few and feeble. Each of us must learn to know that there is a Holiest of all in that temple which he himself is; the secret place of the Most High within us must become the central truth in our temple worship. This must be to us the meaning of our confession: 'I believe in the Holy Ghost.'
And how is this deep faith in the hidden indwelling to become ours ? Taking our stand, upon God's blessed Word, we must accept and appropriate its teaching. We must take trouble to believe that God means what it says. I am a temple ; just such a temple as God commanded to be built of old ; He meant me to see in it what I am to be. There the Holiest of all was the central point, the essential thing. It was all dark, secret, hidden,till the time of unveiling came. It demanded and received the faith of priest and people. The Holiest of all within me, too, is unseen and hidden, a thing for faith alone to know and deal with. Let me, as I approach to the Holy One, bow before Him in deep and lowly reverence. Let me there say that I believe what He says, that His Holy Spirit,
God, one with the Father and the Son, even now has His abode within me. I will meditate, and be still, until something of the overwhelming glory of the truth fall upon me, and faith begin to realize it: I am His temple, and in the secret place He sits upon His throne. As I yield myself in silent meditation and worship day by day, surrendering and setting open my whole being to Him, He will in His divine, loving, living power, shine into my consciousness the light of His presence.
As this thought fills the heart, the faith of the indwelling though hidden presence will influence; the Holy Place will be ruled from the Most Holy. The world of consciousness in the soul, with all its thoughts and feelings, its affections and purposes, will come and surrender themselves to the Holy Power that sits within on the throne. Amid the terrible experience of failure and sin a new hope will dawn. Though long I most earnestly strove, I could not keep the Holy Place for God, because I knew not that He kept the Most Holy for Himself. If I give Him there the glory due to His name, in the holy worship of the inner temple, He will send forth His light and His truth through my whole being,and through mind and will reveal His power to sanctify and to bless. And through the soul, thus coming ever more mightily under His rule, His power will work out even into the body. With passions and appetites within, yea, with every thought brought into subjection, the hidden Holy Spirit will through the soul penetrate ever deeper into the body. Through the Spirit the deeds of the body will be made dead, and the river of water, that flows from under 'the throne of God and the Lamb, will go through all the outer nature, with its cleansing and quickening power.
0 Brother, do believe that you are the temple of the living God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you ! You have been sealed with the Holy Spirit; He is the mark, the living assurance of your sonship and your Father's love. If this have hitherto been a thought that has brought you but little comfort, see if the reason is not here. You sought for Him in the Holy Place, amid the powers and services of your inner life which come within your vision, And you could hardly discern Him there. And so you could not appropriate the comfort and strength the Comforter was meant to bring. No, my brother, not there, not there. Deeper down, in the secret place of the Most High, there you will find Him. Within you! in your inmost part! there faith will find Him. And as faith worships in holy reverence before the Father, and the heart trembles at the thought of what it has found, wait in holy stillness on God to grant you the mighty working of His Spirit; wait in holy stillness for the Spirit, and be assured He will, as God, arise and fill His temple with His glory.
And then remember, the veil was but for a time. When the preparation was complete, the veil of the flesh was rent. As you yield your soul's inner life to the inmost life of the Spirit, as the traffic between the Most Holy and the Holy becomes more true and unbroken, the fulness of the time will come in your soul. In the power of Him,in whom the veil was rent that the Spirit might stream forth from His glorified body, there will come to you, too, an experience in which the veil shall be taken away, and the Most Holy and the Holy be thrown into one. The hidden glory of the Secret Place will stream into your conscious daily life: the service of the Holy Place will all be in the power of the Eternal Spirit.
Brother, let us fall down and worship! 'Be silent, all flesh, before the Lord; for he is waked up out of His holy habitation.'
Most Holy God! in adoring wonder I bow before Thee in presence of this wondrous mystery of grace: my spirit, soul, and body Thy temple.
In deep silence and worship I accept the blessed revelation, that in me too there is a Holiest of all, and that there Thy hidden Glory has its abode.
0 my God, forgive me that I have so little known it.
I do now tremblingly accept the blessed truth: God the Spirit, the Holy Spirit, who is God Almighty, dwells in me.
0 my Father, reveal within what it means, lest I sin against Thee by saying it and not living it.
Blessed Jesus! to Thee, who sittest upon the throne, I yield my whole being. In Thee I trust to rise up in power and have dominion within me.
In Thee I believe for the full 'Streaming forth of the living waters.
Blessed Spirit! Holy Teacher! Mighty Sanctifier! Thou art within me. On Thee do I wait all the day. I belong to Thee. Take entire possession of me for the Father and the Son Amen. Andrew Murray, in his book The Spirit of Christ