• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Talk Jesus Statement of Faith

Active
Just how far are we allowed to stray from our Statement of Faith?
We have some who don’t believe the trinity, we have others that believe the most outlandish doctrines.
Just wondering.

Active
Never mind,I don’t agree with the statement of faith either.
Talking in tongues and healings by men ,I can’t go along with.
I am definitely not Pentecostal

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Mark Chapter 16
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Very plainly Scripture says these gifts are continuing for those who believe. If you don't believe that is on you, if so, these signs don't follow you.

Jesus Himself said if we believe on Him and the works He does we will also do not more powerful just more in frequency or at least that is the way it should be.

Loyal
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Mar 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
Mar 16:20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Notice signs do not follow people they follow "faith" and the proclaiming of the "word".

God confirms His Word with signs following. Watered down Gospel and unbelief in his word produces nothing.

Active
Just how far are we allowed to stray from our Statement of Faith?
We have some who don’t believe the trinity, we have others that believe the most outlandish doctrines.
Just wondering.

Lentz, you must be specific. You must also discern if it is a Rom 14:5 disagreement or not.

I propose you prepare a thread similar to this one False teaching and voice all your concerns.

It is important to identify and expose false teaching. Equally important to properly explain why a teaching is false and can do damage to the body of Christ. Many are not scholars, learned and wise Christians. The wiser Christians need to educate and teach. But do so in a logical and scriptural manner. No lazy posts and personal insults.

As a rule of thumb. I would argue that any belief that undermines the cross or God's nature as defined in scripture, is false.

Cross = God became flesh and lay His life down for all mankind John 3:16.
God = Love 1 John 4:7, righteous in all His ways Psalm 145:17, light with no darkness in Him at all 1 John 1:5.

I could not find the statement of faith nor the general rules, can someone please direct me.
Thanks !❤️

Active

You must be careful in how you discern.

You seem to share / teach based on personal experiences and not scripture. You need to properly consider scripture and correct people with it. When Jesus was tempted by the devil, Jesus quoted scripture for correction.

I can see why you say this. I too have had bad experiences with people having spiritual 'powers' of tongues and faith for healing. But to deny either are scriptural truths would be to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Loyal
I could not find the statement of faith nor the general rules, can someone please direct me.
Thanks !❤️
Theres a link to the statement of faith at the foot of every page

Blessings!

It is important to identify and expose false teaching. Equally important to properly explain why a teaching is false and can do damage to the body of Christ. Many are not scholars, learned and wise Christians. The wiser Christians need to educate and teach. But do so in a logical and scriptural manner. No lazy posts and personal insults.
That is exactly what I am doing in all my posts and threads I started. If I say something and if it isn't plainly apparent I we use Scripture to align with what is being said. Other times I will use Historically written records to show where false teaching comes from. God Bless

Active
Sorry, I couldn't help but laugh. That was funny!

There are so many beliefs it's hard to get two Christians to agree.

On a more serious note though. I don't think any doctrine should be above scrutiny. If a doctrine is Biblical it can stand the Scrutiny. If it's not it can't. If we have to put doctrines off limit it's a red flag. The only reason to put a doctrine off limits is to protect it from challenges. Challenges that people see it can't stand up to.

Active
John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Mark Chapter 16
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Very plainly Scripture says these gifts are continuing for those who believe. If you don't believe that is on you, if so, these signs don't follow you.

Jesus Himself said if we believe on Him and the works He does we will also do not more powerful just more in frequency or at least that is the way it should be.
If we look at that passage in context we can see that the Lord was working with the apostles. It was those people the apostles reached that would receive those signs.