• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Oprah denies Jesus

It's amazing that people think that living a good life is enough. How much good does it take to cancel out the bad? How can we atone for ourselves, when the qualifications are a sinless, perfect sacrifice?
I have heard a description that might work here:
Imagine the worst person ever, and Death Valley represents them.
Imagine a good, average person, and Denver, the mile high city represents them.
Imagine the best person you can think of, like Mother Theresa, and Mount Everest represents them.
For us average people, Mount Everest looks great. It's totally feasible that those people could be good enough to reach salvation on their own.
However, imagine God's standards for holiness is the distance from the earth to the moon. Looking from the moon, there is no difference between death valley, denver or mount everest. They all look the same.

Its really a bit shocking to see a person like Oprah, who does a lot of social work talk like this. But I have a weird feeling that she must have said this because of the producers or may be something else.

But I feel that what she did was wrong and especially because many people around the world watch her program.

Let us pray to God that he may forgive her and that one day she will realize her fault.

God bless the lady who spoke up and tried to convince Oprah.

Hands up to the woman who stood up to someone like oprah,most people wouldnt on live tv, i am shocked really ,lol oprah wasnt long changing the subject though lost for answers mabey ???

God Bless and Much Love xxxxxxxxxx

Oprah is dangerous, and heretical. No Christian should watch her show.

She has even started her own church! A heretical, many ways to God, denial of Jesus church. You can just search it online, it is messed up!

Administrator
Staff Member
Oprah will be regretful on judgment day if she does not repent. She started her own church, yet she denies Christ. Heresy indeed.

Active
Its really a bit shocking to see a person like Oprah, who does a lot of social work talk like this. But I have a weird feeling that she must have said this because of the producers or may be something else.

But I feel that what she did was wrong and especially because many people around the world watch her program.

Let us pray to God that he may forgive her and that one day she will realize her fault.

God bless the lady who spoke up and tried to convince Oprah.

Thank you for having the most Christ like thing to say.She is human just like all of us, we are saved our job is to get her saved..not gossip and carry on about what she's doing.

People this is all entertainment....its all about satisfying sponsors and producers..you really think she writes everything on her show..if so whats the point of hiring writers.

Billyyeah..Oprah has a online new age class not sure if she has an official church, pleas pm the link. I couldn't find it.

Chad..
Oprah will be regretful on judgment day if she does not repent

Yes I agree, I'm praying for her.

Was it my only observation but Oprah looks younger and skinnier..When was this taping.

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
Your right sister rizen about the sponsors and all. However, if one denies Christ, He will also deny us before the Father.

Matthew 10:33
But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

But Praise GOD for His grace and mercy, one can be forgiven of that sin if they truly seek forgiveness and repent.

Mark 14:72
And immediately the rooster crowed a second time. And Peter remembered how Jesus had said to him, "Before the rooster crows twice, you will deny me three times." And he broke down and wept.

Peter denied Christ 3 times, but GOD clearly forgave him of that terrible mistake.

If you watch the video carefully, you'll see Oprah hesitated rather much when that godly woman stood up for Christ and confessed the truth. Oprah seemed irritated, bothered and hesitant.

Now if she truly repents and turns to Christ for salvation and forgiveness, that would be a tremendously positive impact to her viewers should she confess this one day on her show that Jesus Christ is the only way to Heaven, to GOD.

I will honestly admit I don't see this happening based on the fact that she started her own church and is preaching her own gospel. To me, its just another false prophet so to speak. This is what the devil does people, don't deny it or sugar coat the truth.

That is not to say that GOD cannot fix this, just pray for her in faith.

Active
yes chad..sorry I was editing while you posted...
I haven't seen the church..but I know she has an online class in new age..not her teachings but someone's book.

Last edited:
In The Hans Christian Andersen fairy tale, "The Emperor's New Clothes," some swindlers convince the Emperor and his ministers to see a suit of clothes that is actually non-existent. These swindlers convince the Emperor and his ministers by telling them that only "intelligent," well-informed citizens can see the suit.

Publicity about the Emperor's "new" suit went out unto all the kingdom as people were told what they were supposed to see. The people realized that if they were to be perceived as "smart" and not seem "stupid" they would see this suit of clothes. And, of course, no one wanted to be perceived as stupid.

Everyone was so taken by the Emperor's "new" suit of clothes, they barely heard the little boy who hadn't been told what he was supposed to see. "But the emperor isn't wearing any clothes," said the lad. "The emperor is naked."

Several people heard the boy and realized that what he was saying was true. Suddenly everyone's eyes were opened and they realized they had been tricked into seeing something that wasn't even there. The Emperor wasn't wearing a new suit of clothes. He was as naked as the day that he was born. Swindlers had deceived the Emperor, his ministers, and almost the whole kingdom with their clever scheme.

And so it is with the "New" Age/"New" Spirituality and Oprah Winfrey. Widely regarded as the "Queen" of the airwaves, Oprah has been deceived into seeing a "New" Age/"New" Spirituality "suit of clothes" that simply isn't there. The Queen's advisors - Eric Butterworth, Maya Angelou, Marianne Williamson, Gary Zukav, Neale Donald Walsch, Esther Hicks, Eckhart Tolle and countless others have all been similarly deceived into seeing this "new" way of looking at themselves and the world.

Deceived and deceiving, they in turn convinced the Queen that she and everyone in her kingdom just needed to "shift" past their "egos" and "awaken" to the fact that they were already clothed in "Christ" - that they were already wearing this "new" suit from the New Age/New Spirituality wardrobe. All they had to do was accept and affirm the "God" and "Christ" within.

Oprah has done her job well. For over twenty years she has enthusiastically and consistently communicated her New Age beliefs through countless New Age authors. Marilyn Ferguson and all those in the "Aquarian Conspiracy" must be very proud of her. Thanks to Oprah's high visibility and continued popularity, "the great heretical idea" that "God" and "Christ" are within everyone has been "widely communicated" and is fast becoming our "new consensus" and "what everyone knows."

This ten-week class that she is teaching with Eckhart Tolle is the culmination of all that Oprah has sought to teach her viewers over the years about the New Age and how to see the world anew. But like the Emperor and his "new" suit of clothes, Oprah has been greatly deceived by her New Spirituality.

Sadly, if Oprah and her colleagues continue down the path of the New Age/New Spirituality, they will experience an "awakening" some day, but it will not be the "Great Awakening" they anticipated. Instead it will be a rude awakening come Judgment Day. On that day they will suddenly realize that God is God and they are not, and they never were. They will realize that Jesus Christ is Lord and that He is the one and only Christ, and there is no "Christ" within. They will see that they were deceived and that the Lord Jesus Christ really meant it when he said, "Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many" (Matthew 24:4-5).

Herescope: The Queen's "New" Suit of Clothes

Wow, I loved you reply Stephen!! so enlightening!! God bless you brother!! I love your avatar btw.

I think Oprah and whoever agrees with her beliefs, makes her own beliefs that work for her, whatever statisfies her than that is her religion!

Oprah

I saw this video a few days ago and did a little more research. If you care to follow up, got to Deception In The Church, they have several pages there about this. Very disturbing indeed, considering the power one woman can have to influence.

I saw one video where this lady defended Christianity; great job on her part. Even amidst two very influential women (Oprah and that woman who wrote "Embracing the Light;" there's a pastor who wrote a book revealing the fact that the woman's book is actually New Age and should be avoided by all Christians), this woman boldly goes "Jesus IS the only way." That right there is a true defender of the Christian faith; we should never allow someone to continue living in a lie without revealing the truth to them. At least if we present the truth, they can make a choice.

The Christian lady was very smart about what she said and really Determined, she didn't just shut up after Oprah embarrassed her and attacked her, she kept going on defending her faith infront of TV and millions of those who Worship Oprah.

Oprah talks of Jesus Christ as a mere prophet, a good man or a teacher, just like Budda or Muhammed or any other teacher, she needs to know that man who died for her is the Lord, Almighty GOD who she must shiver hearing his name!
She is buying the lie and she is thinking she is so clever and such an angel on earth, she needs to be a little humble, not keep on loving her awesome awesomeness and her awe!

Take it easy Oprah!

Last edited by a moderator:
Active
I read everyone's comments..about what Oprah is doing.

My question to all..what are we doing ?

Talebearing and sharing notes or comparing notes really doesn't help.
Why not start a Prayer chain..for all members to prayer for Oprah and all those involved.

We can write letter's, it's always been in my heart that one day I will get to sit with her. Doesn't have to be me but I do pray that a true Christian who cares will go forth and share the gospel.

Last edited:
After watching that woman's great testimony, I'm so ashamed of myself, would I ever stand up for Jesus like that? I pray I will...

Who am I worshiping? Myself or God!?
I fall so short on so many things that I'm terribly ashamed and can't look into Jesus's eyes,
I believe and have faith, but what have I really done about that blessing? Nothing, totally nothing.

I pray oneday, I'll entirely change and be more like Jesus, so less like me, I wonder if this is possible, when will that day be...

I'm totally with that sister rizen1, I support that with all my heart.

Last edited:

Ann

rizen1
Talebearing and sharing notes or comparing notes really doesn't help.
Why not start a Prayer chain..for all members to prayer for Oprah and all those involved.

I agree with you and I want to include all of the thousands of people worldwide that are being misled by Oprah.