• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Mystery Babylon the Mother of Harlots

The great ***** that sits above many waters is the statue of liberty. How many spikes on the crown? The way I remember it there were how many nations involved in putting it together before it was brought here? What makes America a *****? Trade policy with foreign nations. If you do your research in more than one instance God reprimanded and chided with Israel calling her a harlot and accusing her of fornicating with the nations around her. And why was this? Because Israel entered into trade agreements with them which was an abomination to God who had already provided for them everything. And what is the substance of this fornication? The new base economic commodity that determines all power and control in this present system, even above food? What is the wine of the wrath of her fornication? Oil! And America's greedy cup runneth over as she smacks her lips with deceit ("and her smoke ascends forever....") The USA consumes 3 times the amount of oil as the rest of the world combined yearly. And also the bit about a man having great power but who's power was not his own (in the book of Daniel and Revelation)? A perfect picture of the democratic system and it's elected leaders.

(Think about this the next time you watch "Planet of the Apes.")

The "waters" Jesus was talking about in Rev.17 was defining the "sea" of the first beast of Rev.13:1. It is about 'peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues', not some statue off the harbor of New York city.

And per the last verse of Rev.17 we are told the Babylon Harlot is a "great city", not a whole nation or just one peoples. The ten kings structure of Rev.17 with a head king all ruling together also should have revealed to you that the system of the Babylon Harlot involves rule over the whole... earth, over all... nations, and not just one.

The ruling city over all that will be Jerusalem.

Jerusalem is where Christ warned about the pseudo-Christ coming and not to believe it (Matt.24:23-26). That is where Apostle Paul warned for the end the coming of the man of sin that is to set himself in the Jerusalem temple and demand to be worshiped in place of God, and over all that is called God (2 Thess.2:3-4). Jerusalem is where God's two witnesses will appear and be killed by the beast that ascends up out of the bottomless pit (Rev.11:1-12).

The "waters" Jesus was talking about in Rev.17 was defining the "sea" of the first beast of Rev.13:1. It is about 'peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues', not some statue off the harbor of New York city.

And per the last verse of Rev.17 we are told the Babylon Harlot is a "great city", not a whole nation or just one peoples. The ten kings structure of Rev.17 with a head king all ruling together also should have revealed to you that the system of the Babylon Harlot involves rule over the whole... earth, over all... nations, and not just one.

The ruling city over all that will be Jerusalem.

Jerusalem is where Christ warned about the pseudo-Christ coming and not to believe it (Matt.24:23-26). That is where Apostle Paul warned for the end the coming of the man of sin that is to set himself in the Jerusalem temple and demand to be worshiped in place of God, and over all that is called God (2 Thess.2:3-4). Jerusalem is where God's two witnesses will appear and be killed by the beast that ascends up out of the bottomless pit (Rev.11:1-12).

Actually, the waters refer to the populace of the United States of America which is the most diverse in all the world and has people who have flocked here from every nation. No disqualification there. And there is one fairly large city which the statue of liberty is quite close to. New York City? The center of trade for a large portion of the world.

I think the prophecies are quite a bit simpler than many pseudo-intellectual minded folks would ever dare to believe. And I'm sure there's a good reason for that. You might be surprised at what you find if you would do some proper research in to the origin and history of that statue. When I was going to school we were told that the 7 spikes represented 7 nations that contributed to the materials used in its construction. Do you know which 7 nations those are?

Last edited:
Actually, the waters refer to the populace of the United States of America which is the most diverse in all the world and has people who have flocked here from every nation. No disqualification there. And there is one fairly large city which the statue of liberty is quite close to. New York City? The center of trade for a large portion of the world.

I think the prophecies are quite a bit simpler than many pseudo-intellectual minded folks would ever dare to believe. And I'm sure there's a good reason for that. You might be surprised at what you find if you would do some proper research in to the origin and history of that statue.

The Biblical parameters as written define the Babylon Harlot. Per Rev.17 it also involves a ruling 'king'. America has no king ruler.

Rev 17:3-4
3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
(KJV)

Purple and scarlet are symbols of royalty, a king or queen.

Rev 18:7
7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, "I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow."
(KJV)

She claims she is a queen, and is married (not a widow), which points to her marriage to a king. This is not America.

There is only one example in God's Word about a king being married to a city, which Rev.17:18 says the woman is a "great city". And that example is in Ezekiel 16 when God said He married JERUSALEM.

This Babylon Harlot says she is a queen and no widow, thus married, but not to God. It is about Jerusalem in the last days married to another. That another is the beast king of Rev.17 that the ten kings will rule with for "one hour".

The Biblical parameters as written define the Babylon Harlot. Per Rev.17 it also involves a ruling 'king'. America has no king ruler.

Rev 17:3-4
3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
(KJV)

Purple and scarlet are symbols of royalty, a king or queen.

Rev 18:7
7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, "I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow."
(KJV)

She claims she is a queen, and is married (not a widow), which points to her marriage to a king. This is not America.

There is only one example in God's Word about a king being married to a city, which Rev.17:18 says the woman is a "great city". And that example is in Ezekiel 16 when God said He married JERUSALEM.

This Babylon Harlot says she is a queen and no widow, thus married, but not to God. It is about Jerusalem in the last days married to another. That another is the beast king of Rev.17 that the ten kings will rule with for "one hour".

It is the USA! The United States has many names of blasphemy! How about "Land of the free?" or "Home of the brave!" It's a little bit ironic how the name of the statue is "liberty", but what has that come to mean? Freedom to defile your neighbors wife! Freedom to commit abomination, sodomy, etc. These are the abominations and filthiness that fill America's cup! No wonder the beast is scarlet! Crimson red with shame I'd imagine! And who is it that has this attitude in their hearts if not the American people," I sit as a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow?" Who has glorified herself and lived more deliciously than these United States of America?

And as to the color purple, a weak point. There was no such term for president at the writing of those words, and even Ceasar was referred to or considered a king. Let's keep it simple, it just refers to the leadership without such a petty distinction. I hate to be the one to break it yo you, but not a lot of people are going to care when America sees her ruin and there will in fact be much rejoicing in many parts of the world! If you think that America hasn't divorced her "King" (if she ever really was truly engaged to Christ) or will ever come back to Him bar facing complete ruin and collapse then you are sadly mistaken.

Last edited:
It is the USA! The United States has many names of blasphemy! How about "Land of the free?" or "Home of the brave!" It's a little bit ironic how the name of the statue is "liberty", but what has that come to mean? Freedom to defile your neighbors wife! Freedom to commit abomination, sodomy, etc. These are the abominations and filthiness that fill America's cup! No wonder the beast is scarlet! Crimson red with shame I'd imagine! And who is it that has this attitude in their hearts if not the American people," I sit as a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow?" Who has glorified herself and lived more deliciously than these United States of America?

And as to the color purple, a weak point. There was no such term for president at the writing of those words, and even Ceasar was referred to or considered a king. Let's keep it simple, it just refers to the leadership without such a petty distinction. I hate to be the one to break it yo you, but not a lot of people are going to care when America sees her ruin and there will in fact be much rejoicing in many parts of the world! If you think that America hasn't divorced her "King" (if she ever really was truly engaged to Christ) or will ever come back to Him bar facing complete ruin and collapse then you are sadly mistaken.

The parameters The LORD gave in His Word about this matter are not "petty". They are given for those who pay attention in His Word. Anyone without discipline in God's Holy Writ as written can go off on tangents and point to just about anything else other than what the actual Scripture points to, and that all amounts to nothing but hype.

The parameters The LORD gave in His Word about this matter are not "petty". They are given for those who pay attention in His Word. Anyone without discipline in God's Holy Writ as written can go off on tangents and point to just about anything else other than what the actual Scripture points to, and that all amounts to nothing but hype.

that, sir. Is your bogus opinion and false accusation which I do not esteem.

Jesus gave more proof in Revelation that Jerusalem is the "great city" Babylon Harlot for the last days.

In Rev.13:1-2 He shows John the first beast coming up out of the "sea", and then associates it with animal symbols from the Book of Daniel chapter 7. By that He made the prophecies in the Book of Daniel a part of His Revelation.

In Rev.17 Jesus repeated the beast structure of ten horns as ten kings from Daniel 7.

Dan 7:20-27
20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.
21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.
23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.
24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, Whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey Him.
(KJV)

Per the above those ten horns (ten kings) along with another little horn that comes up among them, are all part of a the final false kingdom of this world over the whole earth. Rev.17 gives more detail about those 11 kings, with the ten only coming to power and ruling with the beast king for "one hour", which is put as a metaphor for a short time at the very end of this world.

Along with that the timing of 3.5 years (same as 42 months or 1260 days) is given for those to rule over the saints, changing the times and laws, and their end will then be with the destruction of their kingdom and the establishing of God's everlasting Kingdom to come. That is a direct pointer to the end of this present world time with Christ's second coming and future reign over all the earth.

That prophecy about the little horn with what he is to do in the last days continues throughout the next Dan.8, 9, 11, and 12 chapters.

Dan 9:24
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
(KJV)

Daniel is then given the 70 weeks prophecy involving what people and what place? ANS: Daniel's people, and Daniel's city ("thy city"). What city would that be? Jerusalem.

Funny thing about a lot of these intellectual Christians who develop these ornate and elaborate ideas about Scripture is that in the real life world of applying Biblical faith it serves no purpose whatsoever. All this pre-trib or post-trib garbage (or whatever you call it) doesn't do any good for you. It's not going to help you prepare and He'll come as a thief in the night. No one knows but the Father what time that will be. Having this stuff figured isn't going to do you any good or make any difference when the time comes even if you did happen to guess right. Same thing with this debate about the Revelation prophecy. What difference does it even make? How is it that you think you know this and what does it do? What does it do if you're right? Nothing! Just another vain thing to get all huffy and puffy about. If you're doing what Jesus Christ says it doesn't make a difference what happens with the rest of it.

I think the message we're given in the Bible is very clear. Life is really gonna suck for Christians because satan hates us and he's the god of this world. But hold on and don't be discouraged because it'll all be worth it when it's over with. Don't let your suffering compel you to choose the world over Christ and God will still find satisfaction in you. Things are gonna get worse, but so what? Christians will be persecuted beyond endurance like never seen before on the earth (this nation included.) But you're gonna die anyway so don't trade your eternal resting place with God in heaven for a brief bit of comfort and pleasure while you still remain here on earth. It really isn't rocket science and these kind of topics really don't ever show Christ in them, have you noticed that?

And beside that, if you take into account what Paul said about Jerusalem; "not all that are Jews are Jews." Meaning who are God's people? Isn't that what the name "Jerusalem stood for? but now who are His people? Isn't it those who have faith? So then where is the real Jerusalem located? Isn't the answer in our hearts? Isn't we who search "for a land where righteousness dwells" as did Abraham? I'm glad that you're reading your Bible but you haven't really shown me anything other than that you're obstinate. You know, there's a lot more to Christianity other than wanting to use the Scripture to prove that you're right about something (which by the way I still don't concede.)

I'm willing to bet that none of the stuff you're repeating to me were conclusions that you developed your self but were all things you read somewhere else first by someone claiming to have found it? Of course they were, because I've read the same books and heard the same arguments. But you know what? I'm still not convinced. If you claim to know the prophetic interpretation of these things then I suggest you tell me some thing not that you read out of a book (I'm not arguing that what is written in the Bible isn't true, because it is,) which you have used your own intellect to decipher, but something that just totally blew you away when you heard it because it made absolutely no sense at all but yet could have been from no one but God Himself through the Holy Spirit. Can you lay claim to that?