• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Kentucky church bars interracial couples as members

There is only one culture for those who are born again of His Holy Spirit: The Culture of Christ! This culture is beyond worldly tradition, or even the color of one's skin. It's really that simple.

There is only one culture for those who are born again of His Holy Spirit: The Culture of Christ! This culture is beyond worldly tradition, or even the color of one's skin. It's really that simple.

I think you are trying to MAKE it simple.

Tell me,Who was Cain afraid of?
Where did he get a wife?

If you do not like what I posted,take it up with God!
God separates people,he does not mix people,if you do not like that,take it up with God.
Leviticus 20:24 ''I am the LORD your God, which have separated you from other people.''

God separates,man integrates!

Matthew 25:33:And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

It is man who destroys by mixing different races together and if that is racist,so be it!

I think if you were to tune in to Jesus Holy Spirit He would tell you, "I require mercy, not sacrifice."

You are pushing spiritually dangerous ideas, for yourself and those who wish to listen to you. The New Testament is loaded with warnings against exotic teachings whereby man twists the scriptures to their own destruction. I will not engage you in a theological debate. Paul wouldn't have bothered, either. He would have warned you twice and then had nothing to do with you. Just know this: Many a person has gone straight to the pit clinging to, and pushing, doctrines conceived in the flesh.

The LORD knows the wickedness within man's heart, and His merciful ways created simple truths for newborns to drink from. These truths are based in love, mercy, and righteousness.

I encourage anyone reading this thread to stay very far away from this person's teachings. God's Kingdom is indeed inclusive, for those who repent, seek His face, and submit to His Lordship.

This is how simple the Kingdom of God is:

Matthew 12:30
Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

1 John 4:20
If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.

The goats are those who have refused to submit to Jesus Lordship. The sheep are all who have submitted; These people come from every race upon the earth. If anyone teaches you something different, he is lying or deceived.

I have had personal experience with this not so long ago, But time does fly, so I was about 30 years ago and was in a Pentecostal Church.

A situation where God and Satan was present in the same Church. From one situation to another.

But we, my wife and I were admonished that a mixed marriage and to be married to a heathen wife was bad. They almost had me believing that nonsense a little bit, but by the grace God gave me I saw their true nature.

All of us are equal in the eye and mind of God. All those who simply accept him are accepted.

Some of those churches cling to things spoken of in the Old Testament that were for that time under the law. The wisdom of Solomon became corrupted due to the acceptance of wives from other cultures, and our society today is daily being corrupted by the acceptance of people from other nations, that demand that we follow their ways and push our ways and the belief in God away.

But God simply does not discriminate, all who accept him are equal and we are taught to speak and teach not to condemn. Not to develop prejudices and allow men to teach us things that are untrue.

Beware of many churches of today, there are many things taught that are not true, a great many things.

I can tell you this , it is so simple. If you do accept God with all your heart, he will hold you. He will show you the truth of things and as time goes on teach you to run to him about everything. And to ignore the antics of men.

Kit

What I find interesting is how all sorts of sinners, atheists and Christians with different ideas and beliefs, can come onto TJ and receive guidance, teaching, love and prayers from many of the Christians here.

(And rightfully so!)

BUT, BUT, BUT..... if someone mentions a taboo word or idea like Elisha has, he is not shown one iota of Christian love by some of you. He is instead automatically condemned by some of you.

He has repeatedly asked you to show him where he is wrong, to enlighten him. But you instead act like he is not even worth it, like he is instantly anathema.

That's a terrible response and position to hold to, considering the terrible state we all were in in God's eyes, before He came to save us. None of us is good, no not one.

God the Father has made us righteous through Christ's righteousness, otherwise we are as filthy rags in His sight.

So who are we to think we are something, but he is nothing worth even considering, or worth receiving our Christian love?

A sinner is a sinner, unless we think we are better sinners than he is!

And please don't be so presumptuous to think that racism is somehow a "special" sin. Sin is sin, and if you want to believe some are worse than others, show me that from scripture.

Are you afraid of his questions? Have you obeyed 1 Peter 3:15-16 ?

"Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16 keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander". 17

If you think he is wrong, are you praying for him? Are you loving him? Are you saying, "God loves the sinner but hates the sin"? Are you interested in the salvation of his soul?

From some of the responses I read it doesn't look like it! Shall we be selective about whom we choose to judge and whom we choose to love? Or shall we love, period? Hmmmmmmm.........

Lastly, please, I beseech you in Christ's name to not attack me as you have him, because I am not defending his beliefs!

What I find interesting is how all sorts of sinners, atheists and Christians with different ideas and beliefs, can come onto TJ and receive guidance, teaching, love and prayers from many of the Christians here.

(And rightfully so!)

BUT, BUT, BUT..... if someone mentions a taboo word or idea like Elisha has, he is not shown one iota of Christian love by some of you. He is instead automatically condemned by some of you.

He has repeatedly asked you to show him where he is wrong, to enlighten him. But you instead act like he is not even worth it, like he is instantly anathema.

That's a terrible response and position to hold to, considering the terrible state we all were in in God's eyes, before He came to save us. None of us is good, no not one.

God the Father has made us righteous through Christ's righteousness, otherwise we are as filthy rags in His sight.

So who are we to think we are something, but he is nothing worth even considering, or worth receiving our Christian love?

And please don't be so presumptuous to think that racism is somehow a "special" sin. Sin is sin, and if you want to believe some are worse than others, show me that from scripture.

Are you afraid of his questions? Have you obeyed 1 Peter 3:15-16 ?

"Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16 keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander". 17

If you think he is wrong, are you praying for him? Are you loving him? Are you saying, "God loves the sinner but hates the sin"? Are you interested in the salvation of his soul?

From some of the responses I read it doesn't look like it! Shall we be selective about whom we choose to judge and whom we choose to love? Or shall we love, period? Hmmmmmmm.........

Lastly, please, I beseech you in Christ's name to not attack me as you have him, because I am not defending his beliefs!

You've got a lot of accusations here, PS. If the Lord didn't give you the stomach to defend the faith, don't be a hindrance to those who have the stomach for it.

This person comes to preach a gospel of division and racism, and you receive it with love? Others pointed out his error, and he ignored them. He isn't interested in being reproved. Where is your discernment? I've seen that kind of gospel before, it's usually pushed by white supremacists. So why don't we call it what it really is: A destructive heresy.

2 Peter 2:1
1 But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.

Did I lie about what Paul taught about handling people who wish to stir up division in the Body? That's exactly what this person's doctrine pushes, that those within the Body should be divided because of their race.

Titus 3:10-11
10 As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him,
11 knowing that such a person is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned.

Are Paul's words dainty enough for you sensibilities, PeaceSeeker? It sounds to me he took this very seriously, as should we. What this person is teaching is dangerous for the hearers as well as for himself. He needs a sharp rebuke. If he is mature enough to spread such twisted doctrines, he's mature enough for rebuke.

Last edited:

PeaceSeeker, if you want to "teach," be prepared to be judged more strictly because God doesn't want armchair quarterbacks mishandling His word to newborns and the immature. He wants His flock to be led into the truth.

James 3:1
1 Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.

Knowing this, we should not take to "teaching" without really having a solid handle on the word of God.

But allow me to teach you a couple things about sin. Firstly, when it comes to our salvation, and entering the Kingdom of God, sin is indeed sin. It doesn't matter if you've been adulterous all your life, or you've merely looked at a woman with lust in your heart. Either way, you've sinned against our Holy God and the debt of your sin must be paid for.

Matthew 5:27-28
"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall not commit adultery.' But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

In other words, Jesus was making it clear there isn't a person walking this earth who isn't in need of a Savior. All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. So in that respect, sin is sin, and we've all sinned against God.

But let's get into the "meat" of the matter. We aren't to stay sucking on the bottle of milk forever. The LORD wants us all to mature and get to chewing on some meat so we can lead, teach, and equip others His way (which means in truth). So please bear with me as I explain further.

When one is born again, and has "entered" the Kingdom of God, there is indeed a distinction between sins. Some sins will lead to death, and some won't.

1 John 5:16-17
If anyone sees his brother committing a sin not leading to death, he shall ask, and God will give him life---to those who commit sins that do not lead to death. There is sin that leads to death; I do not say that one should pray for that. All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin that does not lead to death.

Look at what John says there. He actually says we shouldn't pray for people who are in gross sin. Would you assume he has no love? That's absurd. Our love manifests fully when we stand strong for the truth, even when it's uncomfortable. And you can bet Satan makes it uncomfortable to stand for the truth in this world. When we stand in the truth, even when it's uncomfortable, people's eternal souls are snatched from the fire. That's real love. The kind of love that compromises is driven by Satan. He loves to compromise the truth for the sake of his false love.

But allow me to continue...

What are these sins that lead to death? Paul clarifies (emphasis mine):

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Even moreso, Paul makes an even greater distinction with the sin of sexual immorality (emphasis mine):

1 Corinthians 6:15-18
15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? Never! 16 Or do you not know that he who is joined to a prostitute becomes one body with her? For, as it is written, “The two will become one flesh.” 17 But he who is joined to the Lord becomes one spirit with him. 18 Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.

And once again, as I've tried to point out already in this thread, some doctrines are so heinous they're destructive to the ones who spread them and their hearers:

1 Timothy 4:16
Keep a close watch on yourself and on the teaching. Persist in this, for by so doing you will save both yourself and your hearers.

2 Peter 2
1 But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.

Many of these doctrines are inspired, and empowered by, demons!

1 Timothy 4:1
Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons,

God's Kingdom, and this spiritual battle we're in, is so very serious. Let's not take His truth lightly, and let's not tolerate obviously twisted doctrines. That's not love, that's compromise. See Paul's warning in the Book of Acts:

Acts 20:29-31
I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and from among your own selves will arise men speaking twisted things, to draw away the disciples after them. Therefore be alert, remembering that for three years I did not cease night or day to admonish everyone with tears.

This person calling themselves "Elisha" has come into this forum to draw people into a debate over his heresy. And I came here to warn people away from such debate. At best, this person is likely an immature Christian, perhaps a teenager, parroting teachings they've been exposed to. At worst, they could be someone actively attempting to draw people into dangerous doctrines. Either way, we must stand strong for the truth, even when it's uncomfortable.

Last edited:
You've got a lot of accusations here, PS. If the Lord didn't give you the stomach to defend the faith, don't be a hindrance to those who have the stomach for it.

This person comes to preach a gospel of division and racism, and you receive it with love? Others pointed out his error, and he ignored them. He isn't interested in being reproved. Where is your discernment? I've seen that kind of gospel before, it's usually pushed by white supremacists. So why don't we call it what it really is: A destructive heresy.

2 Peter 2:1

Did I lie about what Paul taught about handling people who wish to stir up division in the Body? That's exactly what this person's doctrine pushes, that those within the Body should be divided because of their race.

Titus 3:10-11
10 As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him,
11 knowing that such a person is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned.

Are Paul's words dainty enough for you sensibilities, PeaceSeeker? It sounds to me he took this very seriously, as should we. What this person is teaching is dangerous for the hearers as well as for himself. He needs a sharp rebuke. If he is mature enough to spread such twisted doctrines, he's mature enough for rebuke.

Amen. :thumb:

Good Morning Elisha:

How about just what Gods word teaches us. No scripture quotes. Just what they tell us and how we are to live.

I see men take the bible and its meaning and twist it around to suit their wishes and their wants and use it to justify their way all the time. I see the true intent misused all the time. It is what men do.

So God created us, and the earth with two , one male and one female, and that was that. All people came from that, now the exact how and all the things of time are not explained. There is no need, God created two and all people and all races through time and different situations came from this. The mark of Cain and all that, no one knows, so to assume is simply assumption. For sure somewhere the white, black, yellow, brown, and all races came into being. Just as there are different species of animals and the bible even says to not allow one race of cow mix with another. There are reasons for all this. Intelligent reasons. Also remember men used to live a very long time, and they did gain intelligence that we do not have today. They learned it the hard way, and we run off known knowledge. So they learned that mixing one cow with another cow, caused some cows to not produce milk and others to not produce good meat and so on. So that was the reason for much of these things, done with animals and with intelligence.

But we are people, we are the creation , the beings. The ones with spirit.

So God created us, and was sad, he yes did have a favorite people, and he tried and tried to teach them to stay pure. To not accept the sins and ways of worship of false Gods. They did not listen so he destroyed all, and started all over, and again his people would not listen and would do as they wished and again allowed other branches of those who separated from the original tribes to come back in the form of wives and mingle and cause outside traditions and ways to cause destruction of morality and worship.

When a sinful tribe or woman or man marries into another , children are born, and naturally contact is increased between relatives and gradually things creep in and sneak up on all and things become permissible and God is forgotten. People have done this since time began. So the men set rules trying to prevent all this, such as you shall not take a wife from a certain people as this will create disharmony and cause the people to turn from God.

Well none of it worked, and God in his wisdom and in his plan since time began, caused his son Jesus to come and die for us to provide the final sacrifice and the way to salvation. So now we are not under all these rules and ways of law and traditions of men. We are under the moral laws of God and we now have Christ and the Holy Spirit.

So all people are equal, they always were, but it was time of law in those days, and not a time of grace. So rules had to be, but are not required today.

Now if your son or daughter is young and entering life with another, there are many things to consider in race, culture and all things, but do them carefully and do not cause hate and discontent, but try to cause intelligence. They will not listen anyway, so ............

The bottom line is all people are equal in the eyes of God. All can go to Jesus and accept. The old ways never did work, still do not work and so it is a time of grace and acceptance. I use the word acceptance as the acceptance of God, not the acceptance of other things.

Many still use the old way, take the true intent, and turn it around. Twist it and use it to justify their way. It causes hate, violence, prejudice and puts all away from God.

There were intelligent reasons for all that took place in the old testament. Learn them, but use them in their real truth. Use them to understand, and not condemn. Accept the age of grace and walk away from the teachings of men. Accept what Jesus says and allow all to live under his grace.

Kit