• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Jesus, the saviour, brought Lazarus back to life..

where is Lazarus now.?
He CANNOT HAVE -RE-DIED.
IT IS APPOINTED ONCE FOR A MAN TO DIE.
a man can die IN sin or a man can die TO sin.
I guess most will say ''lazarus re-died''.
but that cannot be so, for Jesus resurrected him from the dead and resurrected people dont redie.
why not?
Lazarus did not come out wearing the same adamic life again but a new form of life given to him by the Saviour.
something to wonder over.

Last edited:
LOL Interesting question. I can answer it too. That is. "Wait till you get to heaven to find out"
No I'm not being a smart alec. This question, as interesting as it is, is only a rabbit trail. How would the knowledge help you grow into the person you were put on Earth to become?
Honestly I could ask that question of most topics in Talk Jesus. We do get very sidetracked on unimportant thoughts and ideas. Don't we? Let's all concentrate on getting to know GOD and not worry about the little stuff.

where is Lazarus now.?
He CANNOT HAVE -RE-DIED.
IT IS APPOINTED ONCE FOR A MAN TO DIE.
a man can die IN sin or a man can die TO sin.
I guess most will say ''lazarus re-died''.
but that cannot be so, for Jesus resurrected him from the dead and resurrected people dont redie.
why not?
Lazarus did not come out wearing the same adamic life again but a new form of life given to him by the Saviour.
something to wonder over.

Pundit, you are stretching things well beyond what the scripture says or means. By your deduction, if a resurrected man cannot subsequently die, then a healed man cannot be injured again!

You act as if Lazarus was the only man ever to be resurrected when there are many people who have been resurrected through the ages. Even in recent times those who have been resurrected have gone on to die later just as any ordinary man.

There are approximately 10 people mentioned as raised from the dead in the bible. Now, do you not think that if their bodies were in some way extra special, there might not have been some inkling of it in the scriptures somewhere?

Loyal
First Lazarus wasn't the only person Jesus brought back to life.
There was a girl in Luke 8:49-56. Also see Matt 27:52-53

Second it doesn't say Lazarus was "resurrected" in any Bible's I have, merely brought back to life. John 11:23-26
Martha said she knew Lazarus would be resurrected on the "last day". Which hasn't happened yet.

Finally John 5:29 says only the righteous get a resurrection of life. The un-saved get a resurrection of judgement.
Rev 2:11; Rev 20:6; Rev 20:14; Rev 21:8 say there is a "second death" for those people.
Some people take this to mean your soul dies in the lake of fire. But this isn't true either. Matt 25:46; Rev 20:10

Last edited:
thanks for your replies. I do believe they are wrong.
why?
When Lazarus died, he was in the tomb for 4 days.
He was corrupted and stinketh as are all bodies after 4 days in a tomb. Yet when Jesus called ''come forth'' there was NO sign of stinking nor corruption
why? Jesus had called forth eternal life and gave this gift to Lazarus - eternal life is the same life force Jesus walked in here on planet earth
THIS ETERNAL LIFE FORCE as no physical death within it, it cannot re die for it is a gift of life.
ofcourse Martha already knew, some would be raised up in the last day. What Martha did not know and Jesus told her was '' I AM THE LIFE' and the resurrection.
as for not being ''important'' subject
THIS VERY MINISTRY JESUS CAME FOR - TO SET MEN FREE FROM THE LAWS OF SIN AND DEATH forgoodness sakes.
Lazarus was the demonstration of ''the glory of God'' and this glory is TRUE LIFE returned to all men who will believe.

thanks for your replies. I do believe they are wrong.
why?
When Lazarus died, he was in the tomb for 4 days.
He was corrupted and stinketh as are all bodies after 4 days in a tomb. Yet when Jesus called ''come forth'' there was NO sign of stinking nor corruption
why? Jesus had called forth eternal life and gave this gift to Lazarus - eternal life is the same life force Jesus walked in here on planet earth
THIS ETERNAL LIFE FORCE as no physical death within it, it cannot re die for it is a gift of life.
ofcourse Martha already knew, some would be raised up in the last day. What Martha did not know and Jesus told her was '' I AM THE LIFE' and the resurrection.
as for not being ''important'' subject
THIS VERY MINISTRY JESUS CAME FOR - TO SET MEN FREE FROM THE LAWS OF SIN AND DEATH forgoodness sakes.
Lazarus was the demonstration of ''the glory of God'' and this glory is TRUE LIFE returned to all men who will believe.

So what do you think the answer is? And how does it affect who you are to be?

thank you for your question.

the statement is made ''MY PEOPLE PERISH, from lack of knowledge''.
alternatively it can be said...
so if MY PEOPLE get knowledge they would not perish.

then again we have the most amazing verse John 3 . V 16
'for God so loved the world, He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever shall believe on Him shall not perish''.
Added to this we have Jesus saying ''those WHO KEEP MY SAYINGS SHALL NEVER SEE DEATH'' = so in the sayings of Jesus is the knowledge we all need to overcome death as Jesus did here.

JESUS IS 'THE LIFE'' - HIS sayings kept will bring forth ''THE'' LIFE and Jesus was showing Martha that day THE DIFFERENCE between her belief and His belief.
MARTHA did not ''see'' it as most of christendom doesnt ''see'' it.

THE WORDS OF JESUS OBEYED birth out ''the'' life and when He said to a dead body [a stinketh dead body, ]now oozing corruption ''COME FORTH''= THE LIFE POWER in those words RAISED UP LAZARUS without any former corruption.
JESUS GAVE LAZARUS HIS OWN PERSONAL LIFE FORCE by His word.
Ask=where is death in the power of life in Jesus - DEATH FLED AT HIS WORD.
LAZARUS WAS A NEW BEING, JESUS had created him by His word of Life.
NOW THAT IS RESURRECTION POWER AND LIFE - the same LIFE Apostle Paul knew about when he said '' that i may know the power of the resurrection'' etc phil 3.
there is an OUT resurrection from the dead, that Paul longed to achieve.

what was the real purpose of Jesus Advent?
TO REMOVE THE CURSES OF ADAM from mankind.
Adam made a ''covenant with death' but Jesus BROUGHT FORTH THE REALITY OF ETERNAL LIFE.
The NT is filled with eternal life and its message and how to ecape
WE HAVE all been taught incorrectly and believed a lie - what? that to die and go to heaven is all we need.
rubbish
THAT IS NOT SALVATION, LIBERTY NOR SETTING THE CAPTIVES FREE.
JESUS did not die and go to heaven to receive His life and power HE GOT IT ALL HERE how? by doing the will of His father.
WHERE did Jesus say ''heaven is'' - and not to GO OUT SEEKING some other heaven someplace else.

heaven is inside all men - it is the realm of the SPIRIT

we are a spiritual being incased in a human body.

Jesus came to set free that real man of the heart, THE REAL YOU IS A SPIRITUAL MAN inside that needs to arise and awaken into THE REALITY OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD here and today as we hear His voice - same as Jesus heard.
why? so all can live here in LIFE ABUNDANT.see John 10 v 10
HEAVEN doesn't need us...............
EARTH NEEDS US as an image of Jesus with the same ministry and the some powers to TAKE BACK DOMINION that adam gave away.

JESUS - had a title CHRIST - THIS WORD IS A VERB= not his 2nd name= and it is DIVINE POWER and action needed in a born again person to OVERCOME the power of sin.
yes all men do die once and only once.
THEY DIE ''IN'' sin and receive their wages
or
THEY DIE ''''TO'' sin by picking up their cross daily and setting their eye like flint to OBEY the sayings of Jesus.
THE HOLY SPIRIT had men write down those sayings so some people actually would understand the ''salvation message and escape sin and death''

NOW... please consider this
the church gospel has been preached for 2000yrs and not 1 person from all that teaching has ever become the image of Jesus here - with the same power and the same ministry. why not? isnt the school of the Holy Spirit able to GRADUATE HIS STUDENTS IN THE FULLNESS AND PERFECTION OF CHRIST?
well that would be a real wasted effort if not.
however face some facts -not 1 person can qualify as being '' the image of Christ' in the church - why not?
They have believed wrong teaching and had wrong teachers for if they had THE DIVINE EDUCATION like Jesus had from the SPIRIT OF LIFE - they would have the same ministry - wrong teaching makes wrong people.
JESUS SAID ''BELIEVE ME''.
JESUS SAID ''follow Me'' and the redeemed shall follow NO other. REVELATION tells is this.
if you FOLLOW JESUS AS HE FOLLOWED HIS FATHER = TRUE salvation is assured with all divine fringe benefits.

SINCERE people are not saved people - saved people WALK IN THE FREEDOM OF CHRIST - DYING TO SELF AND DEFEATING thier LAST ENEMY.
death is not a friend as the church has made it to be- death is an enemy
''to die is gain'' yes sir, to die to sin. NOW THAT IS SALVATION GOD'S STYLE..
go and sin NO more and you wont die - sin kills - its the law.

Jesus came to set the captives free.
from what?
from the law of sin and death that adam intoduced into this world, that was ruled over by powers of darkness - stop living in darkness and religion that kills men,.

Last edited:
it would come a great surprise to most people that - the reason they die is because the law of sin and death was not removed from their lives here.
True salvation is LIBERTY TO THE CAPTIVES - here.
to die is not liberty, because sin has still held church men captive - so they die IN sin not TO sin.
therefore
THE HOLY SPIRIT'S edification is very simple - CLEAN UP AND MAKE WHOLE here and today - so that Jesus can manifest HIS LIFE thru *HIS* church without spot wrinkle of unclean [death is an uncleaness] thing.
Religious Man does not build the ekklesis of Jesus Christ. Did you know that? Only Jesus will build His church LIKE HIMSELF as His bride is not a deformed sinner still dying in sins.
you are to understand How to partake of HIS Resurrection ! Romans 6:1-11
Unless this becomes a reality to us, we will continue to struggle with our “High Calling” in Christ Jesus.
And creation will never be set free.
again the NT needs to be understaood by THE NEW RACE- THE NEW CREATION - THE NEW LIVING STONES - not the reformed old dead dying religious adam re vamped.
This Relationship with God that we seek....
*to Strengthen,
*to renew,
*to delve into the depths of His Glorious Presence-
*to Yada by coming into an eternal life understanding here on earth so not to perish. Just like John 3 v 16 tells.

This is what brings us UP to Zion and into His most Glorious embrace.
Why must we partake of His Resurrection?

Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law (of sin and death) hath dominion over a man (Adam /Flesh) as long as he liveth?
2 For the woman (your Soul) which hath an husband (Adam/Flesh) is bound by the law (of sin and death) to her husband (Adam / flesh)so long as he liveth; but if the husband (Adam) be dead,(he died at Calvary)she (your Soul) is loosed from the law (of sin and death) of her husband (Adam/ Flesh). 3 So then if, while her husband (Adam) liveth, she be married to another man (Christ), she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband (Adam/Flesh) be dead, she is free from that law (of sin and death); so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man (Christ). 4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law (of sin and death)by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
Romans 7:1-4

God's fruit is not physical death - but ABUNDANT LIFE here and now. John 10 v 10.

now the law of Moses had a levical priesthood - called a dying priesthood -each priest died as did the people under such alaw - they were captives to this law of death and sin aswere those high priests. Yes some did escape but most went via the grave.
Jesus is now the High Priest of the Order of Melchedezek - the UNDYING PRIESTHOOD - where He makes intercession to the uttermost for His saints.
AN UNDYING PRIESTHOOD cannot have dying priests within it. That is impossible. HE HAS A KINGDOM OF kings and priests - of the undying kind......
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: 1 Peter 2:9
I am not “down” on the Church SYSTEM-- I am “down” on what has been called “the Church”.
And let me say that “the Church” is not the finish line for you in this life. Oh no, no, no. dead men in their graves are not victorious over their sin - sin killed them.

the man ruled over Ladocean church is not His kingdom of kings and priests.
Yes, they may deceive millions of sincere people, but, His Kingdom brings forth the SAME FRUIT as he is. LIFE EVERLASTING.

Loyal
We all of us have already been dead. If we are not currently dead, it is because we have believed and shall never taste of death. But... we were dead! You speak of Lazarus being brought back to life, but what we saw in Lazarus was a shadow of the important bringing back to Life. Lazarus was dead in the eyes of men, but all men have been dead in the eyes God... Jesus spoke of this... "And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead." Matt 8:21-22 The dead of which Jesus spoke were still walking around but they were dead to God. Recall these words of Jesus: "And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die" John 11:26

Lazarus, we are told got sick and died - Martha said to Jesus ''MASTER IF ONLY YOU HAD BEEN HERE, my brother would not have died''
Lazarus, was in the tomb 4 days - dead and corrupted -as Jesus tarred - why? so the GLORY OF GOD MAYBE revealed to all men.
again Martha said '' MASTER IF YOU HAVE BEEN HERE - WORD PLAY - i.e. living inside My brother - he would have never died,. - ofcourse this refers to John 15 and john 17 - life from the vine and oneness with the Father.
if we learn THE WAY INTO THE TRUTH - WE ACTUALLY LEARN THE WAY THE PERSON JESUS, INTO THE TRUTH, THE PERSON JESUS - so both the way and the truth is THE MAN YESHUA.
THOSE people the little flock whom are taught of the Lord - understand HOW TO BE''''IN''''' the person Jesus as He was """""IN""""" His Father - they learn how to be one in spirit soul and body and no one can separate these from THE LOVE OF GOD.
Jesus the man said '' those who keep MY sayings - he heard from His father and had written down under the anointing pens of the Gospel writers, SHALL NEVER SEE DEATH- thatinc physical death.
why not?
BECAUSE JESUS SAYINGS ACTED ON- ARE THE HEALING PERSCRIPTION THAT BIRTHS NEW LIFE INTO OUR VEINS AND STOPS THE CORRUPTION FROM MURDERING US.

cont...
it does us good to seek out the FACTS...................... see for ourselves what is what and how it is.

Four to six days after death the body will bloat with gas. It can be prevented with an incision is made in the abdomen to release it. The buildup of gas causes the eyes and tongue to protrude the intestines. Then intestines pushed into the rectum and ******. Bloodstained fluid may leak from bodily orifices. The body may turn purple and black.

this was the condition of lazarus - is a natural occurance and ofcourse nothing could stop this decay from showing after 4 days in the grave.
NOTHING======================
but the VOICE OF THE SAVIOUR - REMOVED THE DECAY and RAISED UP A CORRUPTED body into a new life man.
JESUS 'LIFE' VOICE - SPOKE AND NEW LIFE APPEARED and this NEW LIfe WAS NOT THE OLD LIFE revisited.
but what is so fasinating is JESUS WAS born asa MORTAL BABE, but as He grew up ''HE KNEW HOW TO WAX STRONG IN HIS SPIRIT and in the power of ITS MIGHT - RESULTS ARE - JESUS BECAME DIVINE LIFE - HERE - HOW? by keeping the sayings of His father - all written down for our learning - so that DEATH moved away at the sound of the TONES OF THE SAVIOUR.
the ''TONES'' OF THE VOICE OF THE SAVIOUR - ALTERED LAZARUS CORRUPTED DNA forever - as none redie after their resurrection for they were once dead but now quicked and raised up to life.

now today it is a well known fact that how we think and what we say ALTERS OUR DNA.
JESUS grew to be different from a normal being not that He was born ''different'' but He suffered His change over till BE KNEW HOW TO BECOME ''BEGOTTEN OF DIVINE LIFE''.
He show His people the way too.
The Ekklesia of Jesus does not strife nor war nor divide with each other.
why? = the whole school is on the same page
why? = they are not made with human hireling hands - each person loves their Brethren, because they are not divided but contain the divine ONE-NESS OF holy Spiritual teaching. Jesus is their teacher as HE TAUGHT HIS DISCIPLES.
Lazarus had become as 1 with Christ. THE DIVINE POWER was in him, so too are the DISCIPLES OF THE SAVIOUR.,
when u see a 'house divided' you know instantly it is not the Ekklesia of the kingdom for Jesus DOES NOT HAVE A DIVIDED DEFORMED BODY that opposes the HEAD TEACHER.

Either Jesus did not give life to a dead man (because Lazarus did not really die), or Lazarus did not die again after he came to life.. so where is Lazarus now? I think the truth is that Lazarus died twice. There have been a number of accounts of people in hospitals or car accidents, dying once.. and then coming to life. Of course they will die again when their time is up.

Either Jesus did not give life to a dead man (because Lazarus did not really die), or Lazarus did not die again after he came to life.. so where is Lazarus now? I think the truth is that Lazarus died twice. There have been a number of accounts of people in hospitals or car accidents, dying once.. and then coming to life. Of course they will die again when their time is up.

umm something to ponder over james......
Jesus CALLED FORTH Lazarus and this CALL brought a dead man back to life here on earth.
therefore JESUS WAS THE SHEPHERD of this new creation - and Ps 23 comes to pass in such a life.
ONCE THE LORD is our shepherd - none of His sheep want because HE HAS BECOME ACCOUNTABLE for their new lifeform.
Jesus was Now accountable for the MAINTENANCE AND CARE AND SHEPHERDING of Lazarus.
THEREFORE it was impossible for this new creation to re-die.

that answer would be ...in the Ekkelsia as a foundational member . remember Jesus said '' I will have a church without spot nor wrinkle nor unclean thing - death is considered as unclean.
Lazarus would have the ability to come and go as Jesus has = along with all the other people Jesus raised up from the dead.
now we could ask this .... ok why dont we hear from Lazarus or get taught by Lazarus today.

perhaps James you would like to read this edification by a pal of mine in australia . Je has written it in an easy to understand way,

THE HIDDEN ONES There is a Company of “Hidden Ones”. They are hidden because they are special. You generally hide treasures, or things special to you. The Lord has His “hidden Ones”, because they are his treasures. Beloved Sons of God, you are a treasure to our God, even The Lord Jesus Christ, the Redeemer of the world. We shall see where they are. Let me say at the start, that if you are reading this and you have never been born again then you can receive Jesus right now. I have often spoken to many confessing religious people over the years and asked this same question, “are you born again?” Invariably the answer comes, “what do you mean?” Jesus died on the cross as the sinless Lamb of God, for the sin of the world so that mankind could be reconciled back to right relationship with God. But each of us has to make this personal, and accept that salvation into our lives by faith. The Grace of God will flow, and if you believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that He died for you, and that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. Confess this with your mouth and surrender your life to Him. His Spirit will come into you and you will be saved. Bless you. In Job 5:17-23, it says V17, “happy (or blessed) is the man whom God corrects. “Correction” literally means here, “to reason with, or reprove”, therefore, despise not the chastening (or instruction) of the Almighty”. If The Lord has His hand of correction on you beloved, you are blessed. You see, most mainline believers relate blessing as to what temporal things they get from God, or their needs met. He does this too, but we are talking another thing here.In 2 Samuel 7:14, relating to Solomon. Remember that Solomon is the type of the Kingdom day ministry (V12 David’s seed Solomon, building a kingdom house unto God), the prophet Nathan said: · I WILL BE His Father and He shall be My Son. This beloved, is the relationship principal of the Sons of God. Father/Son. Sons know Him as Abba Father, which is where the Spirit and soul combine to call out to Him. This is the principal upon which the following is built. A loving Father/Sons relationship.· V14 IF he commits iniquity (to act perversely). Not sin but the weaknesses of his flesh. You see God wants to perfect us to where our weaknesses are burnt out. The religious keep talking of sin, even though they say that their sins are forgiven. The weaknesses relate to the remnants of the Adamic nature which He will burn out.· V14 I WILL chasten him with the rod of men and with the stripes of the children of men. In other words He will allow us to be exposed to natural dealings. His purpose is to perfect His Sons, not punish them. Remember that this is a blessed thing, although you may not think it in the natural at the time, but keep your heart to the Word. The Lord uses natural circumstances to perfect. This often isolates and hurts. Psalm 38:11, David said “my lovers and friends stand aloof from my sore, and my kinsfolk stand afar off”. So don’t think that you are the only one feeling these things. It happens to all the Sons of God. · V15 BUT My mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it away from Saul. You see His chastening is with His mercy. He does not want to harm, He wants to perfect. · V16 AND his House, Kingdom and Throne will be established forever. Here we have the five-fold declaration of perfecting. Remember that “five” is the Spiritual number of “Grace”. This is all about His Grace in bringing His Sons to perfection.· I AM His sovereignty· IF Our weaknesses· I WILL His correcting· BUT His Grace· AND His accomplishmentBeloved understand and accept this operation truth into our lives. Now, back in Job 5:17, the person of God who chastens is The Almighty. “Almighty” here is “Al Shaddai”, His personal name meaning “the all-sufficient one”. Even in correcting, His all sufficiency is there for us after His dealing. This is seen in the following V 18,19: - He makes sore, causes pain, sorrow and grief, - And He Binds up. He Heals, makes strong and mends the broken hearted - He wounds, smites, strikes - And He makes whole, and heals V19 says He will deliver you in six troubles and in seven no evil will touch you. THE 6/7 HIS DELIVERANCE Famine, hunger Redeem from death War From the power of the sword The scourge of the tongue Hidden from Destruction No fear Destruction and famine Laugh at it Beasts of the field No fear Evil, bad Will not touch you Now in V21 we have the revelation of the “HIDDEN ONES”. Here in Job we are told that we will be HIDDEN from the scourge of the words of man. I guess we have all encountered that at some time, but in this dealing of perfection, He is HIDING us from this. The words of the worldly man or religious man will not find us. Words are often sent to destroy, but our Lord has us HIDDEN.We find this in Zion in Psalm 83:2,3 – “His enemies make a tumult, and those that hate Him lift up their head”. V3 “they take crafty counsel against His people, and consult against His “HIDDEN ONES”.Beloved, Revelation 12 says that satan is waiting to devour the Manchild Company when it is born. Psalm 83:V4 - they say let us cut them off.V5 - they consult together in agreement The enemy will try to use the mouths of enemies to destroy us, but the Lord has a response born out of Zion. The prophet in Zion here gave us a hiding place: V9 - The Lord will “do unto them”V13 - they will be as stubbleV15 - they will be persecuted and fearV16 - they will be put to shame that they may seek the LordV17 - they will be confounded and troubled, put to shame and perish AND the purpose will be V18, “That men may know whose Name alone is JEHOVAH is the Most High over all the earth. This is speaking of His Kingdom Day when His Sons will be unleashed on this earth to reveal Him as King of Kings and Lord of Lords to subdue all things unto Him. Beloved Sons of God, be not afraid for we are the “HIDDEN ONES” from the counsel, words and schemes of the enemy. Be strong in our God. Stand in the response birthed in Zion for us. The Lord will accomplish His purposes against which the enemy is defeated before he even lays his schemes against us. To any of those who know you have schemed against the Sons of God and laid plots from your ungodly counsel, I say to repent whilst you can. The Bible says in Psalm 105:15 to “touch not His anointed and do My prophets no harm”. You will be confounded and troubled and put to shame, for you fight against the Almighty. It is a fearful thing to fall into the Hand of the Living God.His Mercy is there for you. If you do not see or understand the Truth of the Manchild of God, do not fight against it in your ignorance, and do not come against His Elect, for you will come under the words of Psalm 83. To my brothers and sisters in the womb with me, I encourage you. Trust in the Lord. Remember that “many are the afflictions of the Righteous, but He delivers out of them all”. I call on you the Blessing out of Zion. ALL GLORY TO JESUS LARRY WILSON