• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Isn't God amazing?

Active
I like how Isaac Newton says ''He who thinks half-heartedly will not believe in God; but he who really thinks has to believe in God''.

If we ''really'' think about what happens everyday in the life of any person, animal or insect, we can discover amazing facts about God.

Example: A baby bird fell out of it's nest at my house. This bird is 100% helpless. It sat on the ground with no hope. We take it in, feed it, ensure it is not injured. Put it back outside. Both parents come flying down after a few minutes and encourage it to fly. Ten minutes later the birds are gone.

Synopsis: God gave that bird parents. God gave that bird wings. God gave that bird a beak. God gave the bird the ability to call its parents. The parents the ability to hear their baby. God gave that bird claws, eyes, feathers. God thought of '''everything'' pertaining to that bird and it ''having a life''.

The attention to detail by God is amazing. One cannot look at anything around you and not see God's amazing handiwork.

I was just thinking today of rabbits. We just acquired two rabbits. I thought, 'boy God messed up with them'. They are food for everyone. Even I want to taste them. But then I watched them closely. They have the ability to outrun my cat. My dogs. They sit in the open confidently. Grasping their environment. Aware that outside of me, there is no immediate predator threat. I see them trust my wife and kids. They have the brain to grasp they are not a threat. Then I look closer at the rabbit and think to myself, gosh how can I eat such a wonderful creation. This rabbit was not made to be part of my curry dish, it has the tools to have a full life.

If a human created any animal or insect we see, they would receive so much recognition and praise. I am not proposing we are useless. We have created amazing feats too. But lets be honest, not a single one of them come close to what God accomplished when He spoke an ant into existence.

Now scripture like Matt 6:25-26 makes sense ''Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?''.

Lets think on that. God's attention to detail is absolutely amazing. He has literally '''thought of everything'''. So when He says ''do not worry'' He means '''do not worry''.

I find the underlined interesting. He says ''Is not life more'' and ''Body more''. Our bodies are masterpieces. Clothing, no matter how colorful, is trivial in comparison to what it is covering.

The value of a Big Mac is say $5. The value of a life? The best example I can think of is, let's say your mind was frozen and is now taken out a freezer. Lets say you had $1 million in your account. If that was the price for a body and the opportunity at a life, would you accept it? Stay in that jar, or get the opportunity to have a life. We would sell all we had to get a life. Yet God has given this to us for free. Hands to eat with, no charge. Mouth to eat, no charge.

There is no doubt God is good and great. No doubt that He values each one of us. We are each the handiwork of an artistic genius.