• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

I feel so lonely...

hi
I have a problem as a single woman in a mature age. I have a need to be with someona but it's not fullfilled. This year I Have had three weedings. Two are behind me and one will be at the end of september. I don't have a partner to go with. It's very difficult for me. Last time I cried for two days and had suicidal thoughts. I'd like to love someone and to be loved, but whole life I'm alone. My youngest cousin got married last week and I'm the only one in my family that is single.
I don't understans Why I have to suffer to much. It's not just. I don't have any more strenght for such life. I want to go away...

Loyal
Hi Larum,
I don't know your whole situation, but I lost my last wife to cancer. That was several years back. I also felt like I needed someone else. I dated for a couple of years, but never really found what I felt like God had for me.
I spent a lot of my time focusing on what I wanted. I spent a lot of time trying to make something happen. I got the feeling God was trying to tell me, he was enough for me. That I could be "complete" without anyone else in my life. So I quit dating for a while and started focusing on him. It turns out, God was right. He really is enough. He really can be my friend when I'm lonely. It took me a couple of years to figure that out. Not long after that I met a great Christian lady, and we got married about a year ago. We are extremely happy together. I'm sure you pray about this, and I will be praying with you, my encouragement to you, is don't give up. For me, God had to show me that he really comes before everything else. Maybe there's something he wants to show you also. Still, it's amazing, when I quit looking and trying to make things happen on my own, I guess I gave God enough space to do it His way.

Matt 6:33; "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

I know, that's easy for me to say now. It wasn't that easy when I was alone. But I know he is with you. No, He isn't the same as having a spouse, but He really can talk to you, and comfort you, and even hold you in His arms in His way. When we are looking towards God, he really does take care of us.

Gen 2:18; Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him."

It could be, God has the perfect person already picked out for you.

hi
I have a problem as a single woman in a mature age. I have a need to be with someona but it's not fullfilled. This year I Have had three weedings. Two are behind me and one will be at the end of september. I don't have a partner to go with. It's very difficult for me. Last time I cried for two days and had suicidal thoughts. I'd like to love someone and to be loved, but whole life I'm alone. My youngest cousin got married last week and I'm the only one in my family that is single.
I don't understans Why I have to suffer to much. It's not just. I don't have any more strenght for such life. I want to go away...

I completely empathize with your situation. Initially, being single (at any age) may seem like torture but if we stop comparing ourselves to others then we can learn to be happy for others who have found love and happiness in this lifetime. It is never easy to be alone and loneliness is the worst feeling in the world but if we believe that God is truly with us, every second of the day (and night), then there is no need to feel lonely in the first place.

Sister, when your cousin gets married....be happy for him/her and offer a prayer in thanks that even though you are still searching, at least God blessed one couple on earth with the opportunity to love each other.

thx for your replies. Sometimes I agree with the situation but sometimes I still feel pain. I want to hug somebody but there is nobody... I need a phisical presence from a person. I can have only spiritual presence from God, and I feel this luck. My faith is too weak, It's my fault and I feel quilty. When I was younger, it was easier, but now when the time goes and I'm still single it's difficult.

please, pray for me, for my faith and my love

thank u!

I am single and i felt like that before. exactly like that word for word. What has helped me is that the bible says this:

To every thing there is a season,
and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 a time to cast away stones,
and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 a time to get, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 a time to rend, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time of war, and a time of peace.

thats from ecclesiastes 3. in acts 1:7 it says: And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

God is in control and God knows how you feel. I would like to encourage you to give your hurt to God. 1 peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you
Whatever the season is God has you in He has a purpose and a plan. it very rarely makes much sense to us but Look to God to get you thru this time and He will help you. Sometimes we look more at something or someone more than we do God. When we look to God more then He gives us the strength and peace to endure it.

Active
hi

Greetings in the Lord Jesus

Christ suffered for us unto death.
Now, when we read ALL that He went through and shamefully treated by those that say they "believe"; whatever we go through in our desires of fleshly lust and sufferings seems as a grain of sand.

First; I say, "SEEK ye the kingdom of God; first. And all else will be added to you."
If you will seek the Lord the way you are a man; he will deliver you our of that loneliness and self piety.
He is the way, the truth, and the life. Amen.
You have been blessed with perfect opportunity to really get to know HIM.
Focus your heart on Jesus; not yourself or a man. JESUS will meet you there. Amen.
Revolve your life around Jesus, your very being of who you are; Jesus will revolve around your life and He will become your very being. Amen.

Remember sis, when we seek after this world and all of its lust; we are walking further and further away from God.
We are the greatest contributor to the storms we go through.
When we lay Him down, not putting Him first; the storm is coming and it is most usually very great. Amen.
This world and all its glory will let you down.
A man will let you down. Worldly, fleshly pleasures is only for a moment.
Self will let you down.
Loved one (close family members) will let you down.
JESUS WILL NEVER LET YOU DOWN. Amen

Repent; from the heart; ask Him to purge you from all spiritual wickedness and create in you a clean heart.
Read, read, read, seeking Him; He will meet you there.
You will find; YOU ARE NOT ALONE; He is always right there, but is a gentleman and will not push His way in; He wants to be invited to come in. Amen.

God bless you sis; I hope you make the right choice.
All praise, honor, and glory be to God. Amen.

You sound like me. A strong yearning to love, and be loved. I have recently turned back to god, and have been saved for my sins. I've been single my whole life, and only had very few (2), very brief relationships (2 weeks at the most). I did not continue on with them, because I knew they would not last, and that person was not who I truly wanted. Nor did I give myself to them (sex), because I knew it would only be empty to fulfill my lust.

Like I said I recently turned back to god. Like somewhere around three weeks ago. I have a lot of work to do. After turning back to god. I started talking to this girl thinking I was ready for a relationship, because I found god. However he has revealed to me that I must build my relationship up with him first, and build myself up to be someone who will be desirable to another.

Like was posted by others. First seek out god, build your relationship with him, and god will give these things to you.

Loyal
My wife was in her 50's, when we got together. She had never been married before, and never in a serious longer term relationship. Good things come eventually to those who wait.

whatever we go through in our desires of fleshly lust and sufferings seems as a grain of sand

it's not a grain, believe me. if all r friends and family are married and u r the only single person among them it's very hard. but if u haven't experience that, you won't understand...

I have a very strong feelings od loneliness and God doesn't remove it. u can't hug or touch God. I have a mental and psychical desire to love and be loved. everybody needs it and many people experience it but not me. people don't understand me and I have to say-ignore my pain. it's easy to say-maybe He as a different plan for u. but they all were married at the age of 20-28. what do they know abut loneliness??? spending weekends alone when others are with families... it's easy to judge others and feel better and stronger but they don't have to suffer in that way . they look down on me and think how poor is my faith. but the diffrerence is-God filled they dreams-they are married, byt He didn't fill mine. they have bo idea what I go through. it's not helpfull for me what they sa

maybe if they were in m shoes, they were drunkers, drug addicted, sleeping aroung, sinning or they died. but of course they are better. maybe they wouldn't cope what that and God saved tham from experiencing that... who knows????