• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

I am frustrated !

lou

Everyone of my friends is dating but me and I know I should be patient and wait on Gods timing but it is so hard ! I live in an area where there are not many saved people and its hard to find a christian guy. The guys who do like me I can't date because they are lost. Please give me your comments!

Sweetheart being bold takes a strength that you know the Lord has given you ! It is often harder to go against the crowd (dating and things of that nature) than it is to do what you know whats right. Our flesh wants to dominate and that is when you really need to surround yourself in prayer studing the scriptures and good christian fellowship.
One of the many benifits of Christ coming in the flesh is that He knows what you are going thru right now and let Him comfort you!

Proverbs 3: 5-6 (Amplified Bible)
5 Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. 6 In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.
If you ever want please fell free to contact me

lou, I know how you feel , i'M in the same boat as you , I trying to wait but it hurt, tell me are you hurting? I would like to help, in any way I can (if you want any help, that is ) , please let me know if you are hurt, coz I know how you feel , I still single and I hate it being single coz it hurts

lou

hmmm

Hey you know I am wouldn't say I was hurting but Its more of a lonely feeling like on fridays when I wanna go out with my mates but they are all out with there boyfriend and I am all alone thats when I if will hurt but I am learning day by day and very slowly that God has a plan for me and right now it might not include a boyfriend and I am learning to be okay with that but its hard and I know that God has some one out there for me but its just not time for us to meet yet !!!!!!! laura

Hi Laura,

I want to encourage you with Psalm 37:4. Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

God Bless
hadirfuss

lou

lou:are you still feeling lonely ? if you are then I can understand, if there's any thing I can do to help please let me know , and please feel free to send me a private message any time you like

Laura they that wait upon the lord he shall renew there strength...waiting on God makes you a better person and more fulfilled too.Enjoy your singleness and make friends with good i mean geniune xtian brothers.Bless yah!!!

No guy can ever fill you... or give into your needs.... only Christ can, so get into his Word and pray.

Sis,Our God Loves you He want the best for you as He said in His word He has a plan for you as He declared(jeremiah 29:11)He dont want you in regret in the future Just delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desire you the desire of your heart(Psalms 37:4)God bless you

Hey this is my first time on but you gotta know something, I used to know how that felt and it is hard waiting. I rushed into several relationships and it really drew me away from God. It's not worth it anyways, you're really special and God's timing is perfect!!
You rock hun!!!!

laura....DONT WORRY...im 16, a christian and i have the same dilema....lol...just think...90% of teenage christians have that problem...but we all turn out okay dont we !!.. you just need to wait on the lord and "mr. right" WILL come......my one peice of advice...dont feel realy bad so you get desprate (can i say that??) and go out with people just because you are fustrated....wb...tim...

im totally with you on this it IS really hard 2 find a christian boy .what i have to say to you is to try looking in church.don't focus on good looks, (yes its hard but trust me)try looking inside that person(because were cant all have orlando bloom)and beleive it or not somtimes inside the boy you never talk 2 may be the answer all along ! :)
xXxxXx<3xXxX<3

i no exactly how you feel!but you need to wait...it sounds harsh i no but u realy must!iv had a couple of relationships that were with non christians!one was fine but was hard because i felt i could never show my feelings for christ even tho i new he respected my beliefs the 2nd was much worse!it was fine when we wer dating but at the end he dumped me for reasons no christian would!it is stil hard because he can be really horible somtimes and he lives near me and goes to my school so i cant just ignore him!also recently he has started bein horrible to one of my friends that i spend alot of time with its not a nice feeling when i see him now and it has shown me why i should have thought more and waited for a christian partner,the perfect one for me!just stick with jesus and he will help he nos what you are going through and would love to help you if you ask him to!please just wait and dont make a mistake you are going to regret!
god bless
i will pray for you!
luv angelwave

lou

Thanks

Thank U All Very Much An I Will Use All The Advice!!!!

God Bless Laura!

I often find that I need to take stock of my priorities. When he was praying in the garden, before he was arrested, Jesus presented his desire to God three times, and three times he put the will of God before his own (in that passage, at least). He had his prioritites straight. We should constantly seek to make ours like his.
Also, If we seek to build up a relationship, It'll come crashing down if God isn't building it up for us. You might find it helpful to read Phillipians 4:6-7 and psalm 127. And don't forget the best tool in the box, prayer.

Well, I hope I wrote something useful.

God Bless

Jazzy

i have this problem!!

this is my first time on here and i was reading lou's thread and i have a problem similar to hers. there are plenty of guys at my school and about maybe 20% are christians. anyways there is a guy i really like and i am not saying that he's NOT a Christian but if he is he is not doing a very good job at showing it. but he says that he likes me to and we talk and sorta "flirt" sometimes...but i dont know if i should date him? please i need help to....

lou said:
Hey you know I am wouldn't say I was hurting but Its more of a lonely feeling like on fridays when I wanna go out with my mates but they are all out with there boyfriend and I am all alone thats when I if will hurt but I am learning day by day and very slowly that God has a plan for me and right now it might not include a boyfriend and I am learning to be okay with that but its hard and I know that God has some one out there for me but its just not time for us to meet yet !!!!!!! laura

Hi Laura, I can understand how you must feel & what you are saying. When you're with your friends they're with thier boyfriends. Kind of makes you feel a 'little' left out.

But, never for get this Scripture: "Delight yourself also in The LORD, And HE shall give you the desires of your heart." {Psalms 37:4}

Last edited:
Laura,

I know how you feel. When I was a teen, I never went on a date. Nope NEVER! I didn't 'date' until I was 21 and that didn't turn out so well. And then, I met my husband.

Of course, when I was a teen, I wanted to date, but I think God was saving me from all the hurt and heartache of 'dating' and then breaking up, etc. I'd rather court anyways. You know...courting is the one that has the end result of marriage or at least marriage is the reason to court.

I would take all the advice to heart that was given. God knows best. I know..lol. So, even though there aren't any Christian guys around (they are out there! I promise!) and you feel maybe like the 'third wheel', just know that God has a plan for you. It might not be dating tons of guys, but maybe it is keeping yourself pure and for just one guy...they only guy that gets to hold your hand and kiss you to be your husband. Awesome uh?

~Jen~

Well, I don't exactly know any advice to give you because the others before me have pretty much said it all, but I do want you to know that you are not the only one going through this as I am experiencing it as well. (Although I am younger I can still relate.)

But anyway just know other people go through this as well. Just keep being patient and pray is all I can really say.