1. Featured Thread

Don't Stop on Six // It Will Happen

The finish line. The goal. What are you working toward? Obstacles and trials will come and go, but one thing can always remain constant on your journey.

Keep your eyes on the prize because good things happen when you Don’t Stop.

View This Discussion

Howdy

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Skattleyatches, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Skattleyatches

Skattleyatches New Member

Hey everyone, I'm Samantha. I'm a fourth year college student in North Carolina, and I'm studying public health education. I don't know what I want to do with it yet (or more accurately, I don't know what God will have me do with it yet). I grew up in church and I have a great family that is there when I need them. Until March of this year I had a love/hate relationship with God. I knew about Him, but that was pretty much the extent of my devotion. A few times I had prayed to be "saved;" I always worried if it was enough! Looking back I think I did that all those times because I was simply scared of going to Hell, not because I really understood the point of Jesus' life and sacrifice. Anyway, this year I began to understand the magnitude of Jesus' gift to us, and it really hit me. One afternoon I got really heavy-hearted, and I confessed my sin and ultimately said "You know what? I can't do this on my own. I'm nothing without You." And for a moment I worried I'd done it wrong again. But this time was different. Immediately I felt something different, and I knew it was the Lord.

That isn't to say I've experienced smooth sailing from there! Oh no, it has been a roller coaster of emotions, dead periods and hard lessons. Just when I feel like I can't go any lower, Jesus comes to my rescue. He loves me. I just forget that from time to time. I've had a plethora of questions cross my mind and get me all worked up, but each time the Lord comforts me. Sometimes the lessons He teaches are painful, but I can see the subtle curriculum He guides me through.

Anyway, sorry for writing so much in my introduction! I've seen this forum a few times and today while in class it just came upon me to go on and join the conversation. I can't wait to meet you all.

Best,
    Sam

2. SpiritLedEd

SpiritLedEd Active Member

"I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent." (Lk 15:7)

Hey Samantha! Welcome to TalkJesus and, more importantly, welcome to the family of God! The angels threw a paaaaarty in heaven when you said that prayer.

Spirit Led Ed (SLE)

3. David777

David777 New Member

Hello Skattleyatches.

Jesus is the ultimate professor, He talks so quietly at times that you do have to pray and read to hear. Then when you graduate, you shine like the stars for eternity.

4. MsMree

MsMree Member

Welcome Sam,

Great name! :)

Means "listener".

I pray it will be the way your relationship with God is.

Come join us in the chat sometime with your questions.

All the best!

5. Christ4Ever

Christ4Ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome aboard Skattleyatches!
    You're at the right place if you light writing a lot :)
    Hope you enjoy the fellowship, and growth possible here at TJ.
    You'll have brothers & sisters in Christ Jesus who will always be willing to pray for you and with you through all the growing pains.
    Enjoy!
    YBIC

6. skipbeat

skipbeat Member

Hi Samantha welcome to TJ:teeth:. Greet of you to join the community. Hope you like it here. Blessingsssssssssss in Christ

7. Stickz

Stickz Member

Hey Sam,

Galatians 1:3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,

Galatians 1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

Galatians 1:5 To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Read the Bible and pray often, Sam.

And let us know if we can help you with anything.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)