• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

How did you meet Jesus?

Active
One of my favorite stories to hear is how a person became reconciled with God. How God's grace was made real to them and their relationship began with God. So please share.

Active
I first met God in 2010. I was in a lot of trouble, locked up and facing the threat of 20 years for 1st degree arson. All of the lies that I had told myself were exposed. I saw myself for what I really was. I was a monster and for the most part I was alone. Everyone had left me and I had no plan to make things better, I couldn't trust my plans as they led me to places like incarceration. Then as I read a book (uncovering spiritual blindness by James P. Gills) I was shown that it wasn't about rules that I had to follow or about being a good person. I couldn't do any of that. But it was about having a relationship with God. And he wanted one with me all I had to do was accept that and want that relationship and trust what he told me about his sacrifice and plan for me was true. It was easy for me to lay down my old life because it didn't have any hope left.

Staff Member
Greetings,

it has been said that out of the ruins one finds treasure.

Bless you and thank you for sharing ....><>

Loyal
I was brought up in a Christian home. Brought to Sunday School and church all the time. I had a 'wonderful' head knowledge of God / Bible / salvation / all of it. The first year I was able to go to church camp - - everyone went to church camp from all over the area. Clear lake, Iowa. Conference grounds -- a big place. The counselor was asking all of us when and how we got saved. The hour was over before my turn came. I knew I'd never done that but wasn't about to admit it. Turns out that one of the other girls Did go to the counselor and Did accept Christ. And I remember thinking that I could have done that. So then it was how many had been baptized. None of them had --so we went forward as a group that next Sunday and was baptized in a couple of weeks. I was going along with the group -- got Baptized. The Next summer my sister was getting married so I couldn't go. Those same kids went and came back saying that they Thought they were saved, but realized that previous week that they Weren't. Hmmm -- so they went forward to be re-baptized. Well -- in the meantime - pastor had led those girls to the Lord. Pastor had assured us from the pulpit that If a person isn't sure of their salvation -- too Make sure -- right where you are 'now'. so I bowed my head and talked to God about it. Thanked Him For His salvation and wow -- what a peace came upon me. No doubt at all. He assured us that no one had to walk an aisle to get saved. I was scared to walk that aisle -- it was a Big/ huge church. To walk down that aisle from Way up on the side balcony was too much for me to 'do'. I fought conviction like Crazy.

Well -- so - Now I Was really saved and felt led to be re-baptized , too. So -- I was sitting in the second row from the front and just had to slip from one row too the front row. Pastor came over immediately. And I , along with several others were baptized the 2nd time. This time it was in the intended order. Salvation 1st and then baptism.

My belief had to go from my Head to my Heart. Just like everyone else. Growing up in a good, Bible-teaching church does NOT automatically make a person a Christian. I was about 14 yrs. old at the time. It was a Wednesday night at church.

I grew up in the church but during my teen years I pretty much forgot about God, then in 2017 I was watching some Christian TV and I decided to commit myself to the Lord and got baptized soon after that. And I've been going strong and on fire for God ever since.