• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

With this virus going around I worry so much for my family.... I'm terrified... I can't sleep.. I'm crying worrying about myself and my family... It hurts so much I can't... I'm at the breaking point I'm scared Lord .. I'm scared ..

Active
Dear Lord God, I worry about this virus to, it's huge, it's in virtually every country in the world, and yes Lord I worry about the effect on all those people I love so dearly and of course my business, livelihood and that of others.

Thank you Lord for the gift of worry. If we didn't worry, we wouldn't bring these things to you as our protector. Because you have given us foresight we can see these problems coming towards us and so we worry and bring them to you which is a fantastic amazing resource for which we love you.

But all that takes faith to leave it with you in the sure knowledge that you have the love, incentive and power to sort it. You'll get us through, we depend upon you. Imagine if we didn't have you God? Then we really would panic! Please Lord, give us that faith in you through the Holy Spirit working in us to overcome fear and worry and leave that with you.

So yes Lord, this virus is huge but you are so much bigger, infinitely bigger.

Amen.

Loyal
Andy's got it right.

Fear in the right proportion is a good thing. It's an emotional response that keeps us from danger. But we don't have to be dominated by fear or let it rule over us. I love the way Peter addresses the issue of suffering to churches who were experiencing hardship. He doesn't deny the trouble, but instead gives his people good reason to keep steady in their faith in God.

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.

With this virus going around I worry so much for my family.... I'm terrified... I can't sleep.. I'm crying worrying about myself and my family... It hurts so much I can't... I'm at the breaking point I'm scared Lord .. I'm scared ..

This is why we are commanded in scripture to be anxious for nothing, but to cast our anxieties upon the Lord. After asking Him (each time it comes to mind) to watch over you and your loved ones, spend the rest of your time focusing on Him and His provision. I can honestly tell you I don't worry in the least about this whole business, financially or health-wise. My wife gets mad at me about it, LoL, but my eyes are focused squarely upon the Lord and continuing to serve Him, and there is no room for anxiety in my life anymore. This became true about 7-8 years ago, and it is now a permanent part of my life.

Granted, it took me until I was 50 years old, but what I'm saying is, trust your God. He is your life, and He will always provide if you trust Him. So long as you are living your life to serve Him, even going on to the next life is not such a bad thing. You are simply going on to serve Him in a better place. And as for your family, pray for them as well - for their health and protection certainly - but more importantly pray that they too are ready to meet the Lord should anything happen to them. That is and should always be what we focus on most.

God bless, and I will try to pray for you and your family as well.
Hidden

Last edited by a moderator:
Staff Member
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed upon Thee because He trusteth in Thee
Isaiah 26:3

Greetings @kanna

It is hard to comprehend what is going on in the world at the moment.
It is scary to think about covid-19

But as believers we can look to Jesus, focus on Him and claim His perfect peace.

Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?
But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.
Luke 12:6-7

Loyal
I been thinking, Covid-19 might not hit Australia that hard, because of the earlier fires. It might have contain a lot of the active virus’s activity. That would at least lift some of the added burden.

Active
It had been prophesied in the Bible that men’s hearts will fail from the fear of what is to come.

Why do we still fear? Because we are still holding onto this life, fearing what we may lose and not thinking about the life eternal we will have in God’s kingdom in the future. But should we be holding onto this life? Look at the elders of faith and what their lives are like.

Our Messiah Jesus died at the age of 30+ for a crime He never committed. Jesus’ apostles were either exiled, crucified, persecuted or killed. Jesus’ disciples were fiercely persecuted by the Romans and Jews. Did they hold onto their current lives? Did they care about what they will lose in this life? No, that’s why they had no fear of anything happening in their lives.

Remember Jesus’ words: those who seek to save their lives will lose it. Those who lose their lives for His sake will save it. Seek to understand the meaning of what He said and you will have no fear of Covid19 or anything else.

Active
It had been prophesied in the Bible that men’s hearts will fail from the fear of what is to come.

Why do we still fear? Because we are still holding onto this life, fearing what we may lose and not thinking about the life eternal we will have in God’s kingdom in the future. But should we be holding onto this life? Look at the elders of faith and what their lives are like.

Our Messiah Jesus died at the age of 30+ for a crime He never committed. Jesus’ apostles were either exiled, crucified, persecuted or killed. Jesus’ disciples were fiercely persecuted by the Romans and Jews. Did they hold onto their current lives? Did they care about what they will lose in this life? No, that’s why they had no fear of anything happening in their lives.

Remember Jesus’ words: those who seek to save their lives will lose it. Those who lose their lives for His sake will save it. Seek to understand the meaning of what He said and you will have no fear of Covid19 or anything else.
Hi Kanna, We all have the propensity to fear, because we are all facing the unknown. These are unprecedented times and it is no longer just ourselves we have to consider, but we are in the end times and scripture is quite categoric as to what it will be like, i.e. gnashing of teeth, hiding under rocks etc. but I don't believe that this refers to us. We have Jesus as our King. He defeated Satan in the desert and has full authority over him and if Satan wishes to get to us, he first has to get permission. Job 1: 6 - 12, One day the angels came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came with them. The Lord said to Satan "Where have you come from?" Satan answered the Lord, "from roaming through the earth and going to and fro in it." Then the Lord said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no-one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil." Does Job fear God for nothing?" Satan replied. "Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. But stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face." The Lord said to Satan, "Very well then, everything he has is in your hands, but on the man himself do not lay a finger." Here we can see the power of Satan, He can only do what the Lord allows him, and no more. Link that with scriptures such as John 14 :13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the father. You may ask me for anything in my name and I will do it. We have a powerful adversary in Jesus, and as gentiles, an extremely wise apostle in Paul. between the two we have scriptures that equip us for all our needs. And if we are chosen to relinquish our lives for Jesus, we have the likes of Stephen, who, when he was being stoned received his death as Jesus received his. Acts 7 : 59 - 60 While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit". Then he fell on his knees and cried out, " Lord do not hold this sin against them." When he had said this, he fell asleep. And Saul was there, giving approval to his death. Stephen was given the Grace to stand his ground, as we will be, if ever asked to relinquish our lives. John 14 : 1 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me." Fear is a tool of Satan to rob us of our identity in Jesus, we need to stand our ground in the full armour of God and speak out the scriptures that relate to who we are in Christ, The scriptures are the sword of the Spirit. and with the scriptures we polish our armour, making it more affective. If we stand our ground against the devil, the Holy Spirit will back us up and strengthen our relationship with Jesus. Stand firm Kanna, he that is in us is stronger than he who is in the world. Bless you. Another good way to strengthen yourself is to sing songs of praise, Satan hates that and I've found that when he attacks me when I sing praise songs, he leaves me alone.

Last edited: