• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Different Types Of Christianity!

Hi everyone,

I am just curious to what you think about all the different types of Christianity. Yes they all belive in the same core values about repenting your sins and following Jesus Christ as saviour but what about churches such as the Episcopal church who actually has gay ministers.

I am a new Christian again (Yes I have committed to the Lord and have repented my sins!) but I would like to know the differences with all these different Christian groups and if you think they are all going to heaven or not.

Thanks

Hi Brad!! It is good to see you walking with Jesus and I hope all is well!
About the different churches:
If they are born again then these different "types" or "flavors" of Christianity are all parts of the whole. There are many different maturity levels, many different functions but one body and one Lord.

Eph 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

Even inside a typical church there are many "types" of believers each with a specific calling.
One person might enter a Spirit filled church and be scared away but feel right at home in a conservative sitting and there meet Christ. Another might desperately need a miracle and find that touch of God in
a more Pentecostal type group of believers. Every part of the body(born again believers and not dead traditionalists, no not all traditionalists are dead) has a form and function in Christ.
1Co 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
1Co 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
1Co 12:14 For the body is not one member, but many.
1Co 12:15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
1Co 12:16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
1Co 12:17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
1Co 12:18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
1Co 12:19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?
1Co 12:20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.
1Co 12:21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
1Co 12:22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
1Co 12:23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
1Co 12:24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:
1Co 12:25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
1Co 12:26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
1Co 12:27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

It is of particular interest to look past the differences in the body and see what binds us as one;
The Lordship of Jesus Christ.
The love and desire to see the lost come to a saving knowledge of Christ.The love of the Word of God.
The love of our brothers and sisters in Christ.These are but a few examples of the unity of spirit and purpose of the church's of the Living God.Many blessings in His wonderful Name,
your brother Larry.
:shade:

The doctrines of men....

Pastor Joseph Prince is fond of saying "Do not go seeking a perfect church...but if you find one, don't go inside! If you do, it will be no more perfect."

When the little drama which is our existence has played its course and the curtain closes, some men and women from every denomination of Christianity, and quite a few other organizations as well, will find themselves in Heaven.

And every last one of those blessed saints will arrive full in the knowledge that they got through the Pearly Gates despite their membership in those various and sundry organizations and churches...not because of it.

Anyone who tells you differently is selling something.

I am just curious to what you think about all the different types of Christianity.

That would be different types of religious organizations caveman, there is only ONE type of Christianity, or one Body of Christ.

Co 3:10 As an expert builder using the grace that God gave me, I laid the foundation, [Jesus Christ] and someone else is building on it. But each person must be careful how he builds on it.
1Co 3:11 After all, no one can lay any other foundation than the one that is already laid, and that is Jesus Christ.
1Co 3:12 Whether a person builds on this foundation with gold, silver, expensive stones, wood, hay, or straw,
1Co 3:13 the workmanship of each person will become evident, for the day will show what it is, because it will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person's work.
1Co 3:14 If what a person has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward.
1Co 3:15 If his work is burned up, he will suffer loss. However, he himself will be saved, but it will be like going through fire.
1Co 3:16 You know that you are God's sanctuary and that God's Spirit lives in you, don't you?

what about churches such as the Episcopal church who actually has gay ministers.

GOD said, men who disobey His Word, incur His wrath.

Eph 5:1 So be imitators of God, as his dear children.
Eph 5:2 Live in love as Christ also loved us and gave himself for us as an offering and sacrifice, a fragrant aroma to God.
Eph 5:3 Do not let sexual sin, impurity of any kind, or greed even be mentioned among you, as is proper for saints.
Eph 5:4 Obscene, flippant, or vulgar talk is totally inappropriate. Instead, let there be thanksgiving.
Eph 5:5 For you know very well that no immoral or impure person, or anyone who is greedy (that is, an idolater), has an inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
Eph 5:6 Do not let anyone deceive you with meaningless words, for it is because of these things that God's wrath comes on those who are disobedient.
Eph 5:7 So do not be partners with them.
Eph 5:8 For once you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light.

2Ti 2:19 God's solid foundation still stands. It has this inscription on it: "The Lord knows those who belong to him," and "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord must turn away from evil."

That says "everyone"- it does not say if you are a minister, or belong to a certain organization you receive special immunity. A name tag, whether on a building, or a lapel is worthless in Gods sight, the only name that matters is Christ.

1Pe 1:17 If you call "Father" the one who judges everyone impartially according to what he has done, you must live in the fear of the Lord as long as you are strangers here.
1Pe 1:18 For you know that it was not with perishable things like silver or gold that you have been ransomed from the worthless way of life handed down to you by your ancestors,
1Pe 1:19 but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or defect.
1Pe 1:20 On the one hand, he was foreknown before the foundation of the world, but on the other hand, he was revealed at the end of time for your sake.
1Pe 1:21 Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope might be in God.

There is indeed one body with one Lord. There are indeed many memebers each with a different purpose and calling. The hand is not much like the foot or the eye and yet it is equally a part of the whole.

I agree ! There is only one true christain! they are the ones who are Born -Again!
We are called , tested and tried and then if we follow only HIM! then accepted into HIS family and household as His child!
He gives us a new spirit! which makes us a new creature!
We know it when it takes place! We might not fully understand? But we know something took place with in us!
After that we no longer rulke our lives HE DOES! He has the right to do with us as HE WILL!
But He only wants GOOD for us!

Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 18:31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Eze 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

1Pe 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

Mat 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.