• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

boyfriend (..not?)

hi.. i have been with this guy for about a year.. he's the one who brought me to Christ.. i love him dearly and i trust him so much... he's a godly man , etc. but the thing is we are still waiting to get our status confirmed (we're waiting for parents' agreement)

do u guys think i shud be friends with him first or what? its hard.. i dunno..help

Always do what is hard. It builds character. And eveyone agrees that I am a character. Seriously, stay a friend. I have spent my entire life with female friends, but have never had one become a girlfriend. If I insisted on only knowing girls for romance purposes, I wouldn't know a single female in the world. I can't imagine it being that much different for girls relating to boys.

I'm in a simmular situation now, and someone gave me this advice: PATIENCE. It kinda makes sence if you think about it :) I hope that things work out for you

I personally think that as a dose of advice, that just being friends is an important opportunity to discern whether you and this Guy are on the same page; and to find out if your convictions about certain things match up.
Trying to make a relationship work where there is a stark contrariness of mind over an issue such as feminism, is a recipe for either a rather complete crash and burn or something simerlarly unpleasent.
If, however, you are completly sure that that isn't going to arise, then talk to someone wiser than me, 'cos my experience beyond establishing why such and such a female friend and I could never marry is absolutly nil.

Hope I was helpful,

Jazzy