• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

As a Christian, how do you show the heart of God to strangers through your actions and words?

Hello there!

With all the chaos that's occurring in the world today, I think it's encouraging for me to see believers spreading love in their communities. In my city, there is still a shelter in place order and I still want to be able to do outreach and serve others, but I am having difficulty coming up with ideas >.< I'm open to any suggestions! thank you!

Loyal
One of the great gifts we can give to anybody anywhere is to be prepared to take time to listen attentively and responsively. Doesn't matter if they are the head of a major corporation or are struggling to make ends meet -- being listened to really well feels like a real luxury.

And often good listening can lead to making wise choices about other kinds of practical action.

Loyal
Call a couple of local nursing homes, and ask if you can send letters to the residents, they are sorely in need of human interaction, since this virus has hit them the hardest.

Loyal
One of the greatest thing you can do for your community, and your country is to "pray"

Jas 5:16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.

The Apostle Paul said even though he was bound and in chains, the Word of God was not bound.

2Ti 2:8 Remember Jesus Christ, risen from the dead, the offspring of David, as preached in my gospel,
2Ti 2:9 for which I am suffering, bound with chains as a criminal. But the word of God is not bound!

Always pray the Word of God!

Loyal
"As a Christian, how do you show the heart of God to strangers through your actions and words?"

"I just be myself"! If by being a "christian means "I am truly a son of God" then the only thing i have to do is "Be myself"! I talk like a "Child of GOD" Because I walk like one! I look like one! Because I got His mark on me!, I just have to be "Myself"! Because I am different! even the way I turn my head. I am different.

The world has testified: "It is something different about you" The Old folks has said: "son, you have the "Mark' on you" from all races! My wife used to say "You never meet a stranger' "Even babies smile at you"! "And when you walk in a room, the room lights up" When you walk up, people start smiling ,no matter what pain they are going through, even though you are going through pain yourself. My wife have said: i have never seen a man like the grace of God that falls off of you. "And I would tell her,but only if you could feel the pain, that I feel in my heart." and the "oil that is covering me"! There have been days that people thought i could not give the message on that day, The pain in my heart, has drop me to my knees,, and has took my breath away and could not speak. They have had to lift me up and hold me up, then "The Power" of The Holy Spirit" would empowered me to speak. "I have cross a many rivers" a long time ago when this verse of scripture woke me up at a evening sleep! I got up and turn to the page of the Bible that was laying by my side. and my little baby girl asleep by my side.

And these words anointed me with a "Oil I cannot describe", I didn't understand what it meant. But I knew it was something special.

"1Now this is what the LORD says—He who created you, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; you are Mine! 2When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you go through the rivers,they will not overwhelm you. When you walkthrough the fire, you will not be scorched; the flames will not set you ablaze. 3For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; "

About a week later, "All hell broke lose" I didn't get sick. But years of all kinds of pains, punctuated with despair and uncertainties, never a smile on my face. The only comfort i would have would be reading His Word, from Sun up to the "wee middles of The Night'. The only comfort was; "walking the streets of Jerusalem in as I was reading His Word and when I would sleep, I would pray "Father let me dream, walking with Jesus through the streets of Jerusalem. He granted. I travel the "Pilgrims Path" and I walked through "The Dark Night of The Soul", "Plowed through the "Valley of the shadows of death", and felt no comforts of Joy, my faith was so shrouded in darkness so long, and the only sureness WAS The very "Word of God" I had to trust it. The only voice I heard was "Trust Me"! I told my mother, Mama, I cannot muster up a oz of faith neither can I pray, but I heard the words "Trust Me". And she said "Baby, with tears in her eyes, "Then trust Him", And all in His word, my mind would illuminate, I would see "I'm going to bring you out", "trust me". I have got to teach you, and separated you from that "Instittuional church" for whom you love and all of their strange doctrine of man, I told you do not be like them.

Now i do perceived as that verse flashing through my mind, I have crossed a many of rivers and pass through a many of flames., Oh how, have it produce a such sweetness in my soul, that only the Ways of God can do. The only fears i have, even now is "The Purifying Fire of The LORD" for it is the only way we are to be shape into His image, this purity is only produce by a "Consuming Fire " The GOD that burns all the chaff away." for there is no person in his right mind would "walk through this Fire'. It takes a "GOD" to take you through the valleys and the darkness and draw you into the "Purifying Flames".

The Marks of a True "Child of God"! "Just be who you are"

"As a Christian, how do you show the heart of God to strangers through your actions and words?"

Loyal

"I just be myself"! If by being a "christian means "I am truly a son of God" then the only thing i have to do is "Be myself"! I talk like a "Child of GOD" Because I walk like one! I look like one! Because I got His mark on me!, I just have to be "Myself"! Because I am different! even the way I turn my head. I am different.

The world has testified: "It is something different about you" The Old folks has said: "son, you have the "Mark' on you" from all races! My wife used to say "You never meet a stranger' "Even babies smile at you"! "And when you walk in a room, the room lights up" When you walk up, people start smiling ,no matter what pain they are going through, even though you are going through pain yourself. My wife have said: i have never seen a man like the grace of God that falls off of you. "And I would tell her,but only if you could feel the pain, that I feel in my heart." and the "oil that is covering me"! There have been days that people thought i could not give the message on that day, The pain in my heart, has drop me to my knees,, and has took my breath away and could not speak. They have had to lift me up and hold me up, then "The Power" of The Holy Spirit" would empowered me to speak. "I have cross a many rivers" a long time ago when this verse of scripture woke me up at a evening sleep! I got up and turn to the page of the Bible that was laying by my side. and my little baby girl asleep by my side.

And these words anointed me with a "Oil I cannot describe", I didn't understand what it meant. But I knew it was something special.

"1Now this is what the LORD says—He who created you, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; you are Mine! 2When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you go through the rivers,they will not overwhelm you. When you walkthrough the fire, you will not be scorched; the flames will not set you ablaze. 3For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; "

About a week later, "All hell broke lose" I didn't get sick. But years of all kinds of pains, punctuated with despair and uncertainties, never a smile on my face. The only comfort i would have would be reading His Word, from Sun up to the "wee middles of The Night'. The only comfort was; "walking the streets of Jerusalem in as I was reading His Word and when I would sleep, I would pray "Father let me dream, walking with Jesus through the streets of Jerusalem. He granted. I travel the "Pilgrims Path" and I walked through "The Dark Night of The Soul", "Plowed through the "Valley of the shadows of death", and felt no comforts of Joy, my faith was so shrouded in darkness so long, and the only sureness WAS The very "Word of God" I had to trust it. The only voice I heard was "Trust Me"! I told my mother, Mama, I cannot muster up a oz of faith neither can I pray, but I heard the words "Trust Me". And she said "Baby, with tears in her eyes, "Then trust Him", And all in His word, my mind would illuminate, I would see "I'm going to bring you out", "trust me". I have got to teach you, and separated you from that "Instittuional church" for whom you love and all of their strange doctrine of man, I told you do not be like them.

Now i do perceived as that verse flashing through my mind, I have crossed a many of rivers and pass through a many of flames., Oh how, have it produce a such sweetness in my soul, that only the Ways of God can do. The only fears i have, even now is "The Purifying Fire of The LORD" for it is the only way we are to be shape into His image, this purity is only produce by a "Consuming Fire " The GOD that burns all the chaff away." for there is no person in his right mind would "walk through this Fire'. It takes a "GOD" to take you through the valleys and the darkness and draw you into the "Purifying Flames".

The Marks of a True "Child of God"! "Just be who you are"

New Living Translation
“Watch out! Don’t do your good deeds publicly, to be admired by others, for you will lose the reward from your Father in heaven.

English Standard Version
“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.

Berean Study Bible
“Be careful not to perform your righteous acts before men to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

Berean Literal Bible
And beware not to do your righteousness before men in order to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward in the presence of your Father in the heavens.

New American Standard Bible
"Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed by them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven.

New King James Version
“Take heed that you do not do your charitable deeds before men, to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward from your Father in heaven.

Loyal
In the same sermon Jesus said

let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

Loyal
"but we speak God's wisdom in a mystery, even the wisdom that hath been hidden, which God foreordained before the worlds unto Our glory"
This is a dangerous world unto the "Sons of God" and we are commanded to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.
"so as a man believes, so let him speak" It is also a gift of God.:pensive: