• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

a question from nonchristian

A friend asked me a question last time, however i dont exactly how to answer her.
she asked, if God created this World and people, so why this world is unfair and why some babies are disable when they are born.

I believe this world is unfair because of what Adam and Eve did in the garden. Sin has made this world unfair and painful, but with Jesus Christ we have hope and he is here to help us if we look to him. The devil is the reason for sin, not God. God loves us so much that he gave his only son to die for us on the cross that we may go to heaven if we believe in him. In heaven there will be no more pain or suffering. If your friend accepts Jesus, she will also have this hope. I hope this may of helped you, God bless.

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23

Last edited:
I think the easiest answer to this question is that we now live in a fallen world. God made it perfect and gave us choice, because he didnt want us to be mindless zombies. then what cody said about Adam and Eve and satan who tempted them to take the fruit god told them not to, he kicked them out of perfect eden into this falled stinkhole, but he loved us too much to let us stay in this state, that Jesus came to die in order to forgive us, why after his death and resurecction do we still have children with deformities, because we are still on this earth. when our bodys die we go to paradise.

I think the easiest answer to this question is that we now live in a fallen world. God made it perfect and gave us choice, because he didnt want us to be mindless zombies. then what cody said about Adam and Eve and satan who tempted them to take the fruit god told them not to, he kicked them out of perfect eden into this falled stinkhole, but he loved us too much to let us stay in this state, that Jesus came to die in order to forgive us.

Yes I totally agree with this. We have a choice to follow God or follow Satan because God wants us to have a choice so He can see our heart. There is evil in this world because sin(which only comes from the devil) is manifesting itself in society with the help of demons. :angry:

im not giving the exact genetic formulea for birth defects, just the origianal reason. SIN. if we were in eden, they would not have a place, we would be perfected with god still.

Sin has made this world unfair and painful, but with Jesus Christ we have hope and he is here to help us if we look to him. The devil is the reason for sin, not God.

this is quite true, but what my friend actually focus on is why God, who is love allows a lot of babies to born with defects, mental retardation.

I agree sin is the only thing that cause all that bad things to happen. God does not prevent all these, I think because a lot of the babies are born with deformalities and nasty disease due to some kind of mistakes of their parents (e.g. cigerrate, drug, HIV from sex outside marriage). I think God is a God who want us to taste responsibility and consequences.

I dont know if what i think is right ~~~

But thank everyone who shoot a post to my question, I've got a general idea about this question.

Last edited:
The problem stems from North American Christianities view of what God's love is. We seem to think that because God is love, He should protect people from bad things to happen. However God's love doesn't work that way. Sometimes it might, but some times it works in the exact opposite direction. Here's and example:

My brother was born with Cerebral Palsey. He can't talk, understand, or even go to the washroom himself. He is severely disabled. Most people would say that is a burden, how could God allow that? But God allowed it because he loves us so much. My brother has been a huge inspiration in my life. He makes you really understand what is important. I am a better person because of my brother. I am more tolerant and understanding because of him. God took something that most would call bad, and turned it into something that is really good.

Another reason could be the people are being punished. People want nothing to do with God, the blaspheme His Holy name, they break His commandments, and then something bad happens and they start shouting about how unfair God is.

It's important to remember, God is perfect and holy and just. He doesn't make mistakes, everything he does is right. Besides, we cannot even come close to grasping His mind. We don't know what he has planned, so who are we to judge the living God?

Romans 9:20
But nay, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, "Why hast thou made me thus?"

God is always right. We need to remember that.

Bill

To every Question

There is an answer to every question only through Jesus.
Matt. 7:7 ask and it shal be given.

Staff Member
We will never know the reasons why God allows the babies to be born like this but Sin is the cause of babies being born with defects. We just need to trust in God. He is always in control.

John 9
Jesus Heals a Man Born Blind
1 As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. 2 His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?"

3"Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life.

God bless :love: :rainbow: :rose:

Last edited:
I also have a nephew with cerebal palsy , he is and always has been a joy to all of the family. He is crippled but understands everything , he uses a laungage board to speak and he is truly a gift from God. To say that we would ever blame God is a awful thing. people often use God as a scape goat to blame all the awful things of this world on when in realality if you look at the very first sin it was a man and womans faault and as a result we now all live in a world that is hard crule and lots of times makes no sence. He has always been there for us he's never left us he's the same today and always . If you love God and believe in your heart that when bad things happen he is there to guide you and help you in all ways. My nephew would atest to this , even though crippled from birth he loves the Lord with a mighty love and never asks why.

Ohhhh! I got it, its about why God allow babies to born with defects.

I could give a very, very interesting true story!

One time my aunt told me that her cousin Husband use to make fun of everybody by there defect on his ugly side of humor always bad when he see people with defect and even people who are over weight. Well one day he cheated on his wife and his wife friend got mad and the friend shoot him in the back and he can't walk no more and all he could feel is his face and now he is defected and paralyzes!:shock: See, God will get angry when he see his people being make fun of and God just show some of his anger and plus His 2 children born with defect and I heard one was born with a leg out of the stomach and my aunt cousin husband had pass away but don't know how long ago.

But now you see God don't play around!

Last edited:
Your friend has asked a very tough question - perhaps the most difficult of all.

I don't have a ready answer for you. Sorry.

As the other contributors have said, our sin has corrupted the whole of creation. Everything we see around us is tainted with the mark of our disobedience.

But I am not entirely happy with that as a complete answer to the question.

There are heaps of books written on the problem of suffering. And if you look on the internet I am sure you will find lots of resources.

But why not just level with your friend. Tell him or her what your own thoughts are. And if this question has never really been a problem for you, be prepared to say why.

Quite often (not always) this question comes up because people who are not Christians see it as a weak spot in our faith, and use it to score a few points in an argument. If that is the case with your friend, then being completely honest - and maybe losing the debate - may be more helpful than seeking out detailed and complex answers.

It is also worth asking your friend to explain why he or she believes about unfair suffering. Is it just a meaningless, random event which is part of the whole accident that is life on earth. If so, why should be be concerned about such things as fairness and justice.

It is very difficult to maintain our instinctive belief in fairness without a believing in a creator God who rules with justice.

Your friend has asked a very tough question - perhaps the most difficult of all.

I don't have a ready answer for you. Sorry.

As the other contributors have said, our sin has corrupted the whole of creation. Everything we see around us is tainted with the mark of our disobedience.

But I am not entirely happy with that as a complete answer to the question.

There are heaps of books written on the problem of suffering. And if you look on the internet I am sure you will find lots of resources.

But why not just level with your friend. Tell him or her what your own thoughts are. And if this question has never really been a problem for you, be prepared to say why.

Quite often (not always) this question comes up because people who are not Christians see it as a weak spot in our faith, and use it to score a few points in an argument. If that is the case with your friend, then being completely honest - and maybe losing the debate - may be more helpful than seeking out detailed and complex answers.

It is also worth asking your friend to explain why he or she believes about unfair suffering. Is it just a meaningless, random event which is part of the whole accident that is life on earth. If so, why should be be concerned about such things as fairness and justice.

It is very difficult to maintain our instinctive belief in fairness without a believing in a creator God who rules with justice.

Hello, actually my friend, she's a Christian already. being a Christian for a few years doesn't make her faith strong. She doesn't doubt about existence of a loving God. she asks this question from her heart, in order to understand God more.

Bill said:
God is perfect and holy and just. He doesn't make mistakes, everything he does is right
You are right Bill, I totally agree that because Jesus' resurrection guarantee He can turn death to life, disappointment to glory, darkness to light. He can make a lame to dance for Him, a mute to sing His praises, a deaf to hear His words, a blind to see His beautiful creation. In Him disability doesn't mean anything.

The Message of Truth

The bible is there to be used as a form of study, for all Christians who depend on God's wisdom and the Holy Spirit to chart out a pathway for our lives. No one has been given more than they can handle and believe me, that more than we can handle, I am afraid of.

John 5:39 You diligently study [ Or Study diligently (the imperative)] the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me,

Jesus was talking of the old Testament. I think that a lot of people tend to take the word out of the meaning, or alter it to suit there external needs which does not one iota of good, because You have more lying on top of sin and then you distance yourself even further from God. God asks us to search within ourselves and gives us scripture to console our hearts. Why are babies made with any illness. God gives these children to families that shine in their illness. It must be really hard and it must be really hard to understand that we praise God and pray for the child. Praising is so important to God and HE DOES do things for a reason. All these people and children due to our Father, manage to cope with a life that I would never even be able to wrap my head around and they do it and do it with love gracefulness and joy.
Holy Jesus, Holy Lord Spirit, Holy Father. Jesus, You promise me you will be my Brother for ever. Amen

It is true that some defects are caused by the parent's sin. However, this is not always the case:

John 9:1-7 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him. I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work. As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world. When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay, And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.

In Yahweh's Love and Truth,

Christ's Serf

They have given you the answer, you just don't wish to accept it.
"All things work together for good for those that love God, who are called according to His purpose."
As a half cripple and near deaf, I have found it to be certainly true in my life.
God has, and still does, work with and through me despite my disabilities.
Try reading P. Yancy's excellent book, "Disappointment With God."

Last edited: